September 2, 2014 | 1691 users online

Blush - Lise Watier - Fard Joues en Poudre / Blush-on powder in Natural Glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not really someone who is big on experimenting with blushes for some reason. I find that the colors tend to translate very intensely on my skin and it can easily look overdone with a light hand. But I was playing around with this blush and loved how neutral and pretty it looked when swatched. I admit, it looks rather unexciting in the pan, but it looks beautiful on. It's got a slight sheen to it so it gives a really healthy glow to the skin. The bronze, peachy undertones make me look quit tanned but in a natural way. A tiny bit of this blush goes a long way, and I expect it will last a long time. Because of this, it makes the more expensive price worth it. That, and, the packaging is the cutest and it comes with a decent brush as well. Very impressed with the product and highly recommend it for those looking for a natural, every day blush that's natural but still has the power to just transform a make up look. Great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush very recently, and so far, i can say that I'm liking it a lot! I haven't had very good experiences with blush in the past, so for a long time I wasn't interested in purchasing or trying one out. I don't really know what changed my mind, but i remember seeing a picture of this blush in a flyer as well as the lw website and I saw that it seemed like such a natural slightly peachy shade; I was hoping that this blush would add just a bit of color and glow to my face without seeming too obvious.
I knew that i would have a problem describing the color..lol. I'm not very good at this, but to me - it seems like a neutral/warm looking nude shade with some peach tones. In the pan, it looked rather matte, without much shimmer, but when i first ran my finger over it, i saw that it has a nice satin finish, and a little bit of a sheen to it. When I applied it on my skin, the effect was extremely subtle (i don't know if i should be applying more), but it definitely makes a difference. Since i'm really new to blush, I am ok with something very subtle like this : ]. I am concerned about how my acne-prone skin will react to this blush, but so far, I haven't experienced any irritation.
I find the case/packaging very pretty and elegant. (I will put up a pic of it in my profile). It also has a mirror and comes with a small brush that fits inside the case as well. This costs around $24-25, but with the taxes included, this came to about 27$ where i am. It's very expensive for me, but I am hoping that I will not be regreting this :p.

(complexion: light olive skin)