October 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Vitamin Mentha Vintage Rouge Mint 1649

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by gochristinemon

I quite like this product--I tried it on at Bath and Body Works and I really liked it, so I came back and bought it. My lips are somewhat dark but mostly just dull, so I bought this for an everyday look, if applied sparingly, or a bit more daring, if applied more generously. I know it seems kind of dark, but it actually looks pretty natural (with a subtle color kick) if you have brownish lips like mine, even if you have fairly light skin. I liked that this product is a tinted lip balm--it's like lipstick on training wheels, since I don't like the high-maintenance quality of lipstick. This is easy to apply, and stays on longer than non-sticky lip glosses do, and the moisturizing effect is an added bonus. The mint flavor leaves a little pleasant aftertaste, which is definitely not overdone.

A couple of things I don't like about this are its:
-Softness.This requires that the lip balm be handled with extreme care and a hasty touch-up might break the product, not to mention that leaving it in your car might make it melt.
-Price. I know this is normal for C.O. Bigelow, but $7.50 is kind of pushing it, since the product is small at the very least. And this color doesn't seem to be in stores right now (there are new colors) but it's strangely still on both BBW and COB sites without the new colors. That means extra costs for S/H.
-Packaging. It encourages breakage of the actual product, and I think a nice solution would be to manufacture this with the same clear lipstick-tube exterior (to retain appeal and familiarity), but with a lipbalm-like interior.

The cons aren't too bad (just being a little nitpicky), and overall, I think this is a good investment (since I'm pretty frugal) because I use this every day (make sure to test this out to see if it's good on you, though) and would like to continue using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

I agree with the other reviewers about the product being very soft. I started to put it on and it almost broke ,so be gentle. I got this in no.1649 vintage rouge mint. It is a deep pink /rose with a bit of brown in it and some silver shimmer.It reminds me of Bloom's honey bunch lip gloss ,a favorite of mine a mlbb. It has more color [payoff than most tinted lip balms ,which is great for someone like me who doesn't do mu daily.Its mint flavor /scent isn't horrid ,but i still don't care for it in most of my lip products ,but here its doable.The price is a bit steep for a balm at 7.50 ,but I would definitely buy again on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by dd_russ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was excited to try theses because I love the shines but wanted a bit more colour. I got it for $5 so I shouldn't really complain but its so darn messy! I know its in a tube but because its so soft, it smushes down in the tube and goes sideways etc. I do love the colour.. I got the 1648, Baby Pink, and like the lip shines I love the taste and feel on my lips. The look when on my lips is kind of pasty. I am not sure if I would buy another one of these but for the price, I may.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So these were on sale at BBW for $5. I wanted Baby Pink but DH was with me and said "get this one. I like you in darker colors." Why I didn't get both is beyond me but I made a concession to the boy. This IS nice. It's a berry rose with slight shimmer. Not too dark. I don't think I could apply w/out a mirror though. Nice moisturizing quality and the usual Mentha mint. The only thing I'm not wild about is the packaging--this is too soft to support a tube although I hate pots and appreciate the effort. You can't twist this up far or it'll break. In addition, it doesn't twist down entirely so watch for the inevitable nicks in replacing the cap. Yeah, I don't care what he likes; I'm going back for Baby Pink b/c I love nude lips. Good hybrid of lip balm and lipstick, IMO.