August 2, 2014 | 1197 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - 3 Barrel Jumbo Waver with Ceramic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Tataknosbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so, I finally get to make a review after reading countless amount of reviews about this product..here goes

Price-meh..Its an okay price,I think mine retailed at about 16.99
Quality- well, ive heard that the handle tends to brake..I havent experienced any of the like HOWEVER the heat knob tends to move ALOT,so theres that
PROS
-For me, it actually did the big wave pattern.not crinkles,beach waves(took a few trys)
-heats pretty fast and yes it gets..hot!
CONS
-SOO..I needed setting lotion, the hottest setting and tgen like 20 seconds..maybe 8 , i was scared the hair would fry!
-unlike popular belief, i wouldnt call the waver heavy..its just HUGE and well, it has awkard angles..but hey,price you have to pay i guess

Overall pretty good product, i like it..i was scared becaue of the many malfunctions known to the waver, but..enjoyed ir(for now) ive only used this once so I might need to update later
Happy buying(:

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give this tool no stars, I would. Naturally, I have wavy hair. However, I bought this tool hoping for beautiful, silky like waves; no frizz, just nice mermaid waves. I was better off with letting my natural hair air dry, since I believe that my natural hair air dried looks 10x better than using this hair tool anyday. It is a very good price (I got mine at Walmart for under $16). I am not a firm believer in the "more expensive a product is, the better it works." For example, some people SWEAR by MAC products, but there are just as good (if not better) products sitting at the drug store.. Just sayin'. Anyway, I was really excited to try this hair tool. First off, it takes a lot of time in my opinion. I think I would have preferred to use an actual crimper, I really think it would have been less time consuming. It took me about 45mins+ to "wave" my hair. I would have much rathered to have spent the time (20 minutes.. IF THAT) on using my curling wand to make beautiful curls. Another factor I do not like with this hair tool is the heat settings. It has a low, high, and off button. The highest the heat goes is 340 degrees. I have thick, course, wavy hair; but I did take the time to flat iron my hair a day or so before using this waver on my hair; thinking that it would make my waves nicer, but it didn't do anything for my hair.. it gave me baby, poofy waves. The packaging is a PAIN IN THE BUTT.. I tore into it thinking I wouldn't want to return it because of all the fabulous reviews I read on the styling tool.. BOY WAS I WRONG. Because I ripped into the package like a bear looking for food, I can no longer return this piece of crap. I am stuck with this dust collecting styling tool.. that I will never attempt using again nor will I reccommend to anyone. The ONLY person I may reccommend this to is someone with verrrrry fine hair... that's the only type of hair I could see this POS working for.. So dissappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by melisaRN816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Usually I try and find a redeeming factor in a product even if I don't care for it.
This product has ZERO redeeming factor, at least not for my uses.

First, it says "waves."
I was under the impression that "waves" aren't the same thing as "crimps," you know, the crimping we all did back in grade school.
Using the official Revlon how-to video plus other hair videos, and using this product WITH HELP from "hair people" I can really just say that this is a piece of junk.
Absolute junk.
I'm embarassed I even gave this product an 8th try because I really wanted to like it.
So you know those "before" pictures where the hair model has all the frizzy crimps on whatever product box, and then there's the "after" picture where her hair is all beautiful and wavy? The before picture is how my hair, and my friends' hair, and my mom's hair --all of us with different hair types and lengths---looked after this.

I wish I could get back the time I've spent giving this product a chance- all the chances I have given it. It's garbage. Don't waste your time unless you're going for the crimpy look.

The packaging is also awful. It's that horrible and impossible to open plastic junk that actually sends people to the emergency room each year due to cuts. Yes, I am serious.

There are no redeeming factors with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by 3412faith

Pros:
-only 15$
-easy to get your hands on
-heats up really fast
-doesn't make your hair frizzy
-creates gourgeous waves
-has multiple heat settings
Cons:
-easy to burn yourself

Overall I would definently repurchase this if I ever need to. If you buy this and are dissapointed the first time you use this don't be. It takes a couple uses until it creates the perfect beachy waves look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jessenia0908

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this styling tool is used for waves. I have always tried to make them by braiding my hair overnight but the waves would be poofy. i tried watching videos on youtube and doing them with a straightener but it would take way too long. i love how the waves come out the only problem is it takes a while to heat up. i got this at Target it was on sale for about $16. Very good price! i was doubtfull at first because i have never bought any styling tools from target and the price was cheap so i didnt think it would work but its the best, i get compliments all the time! i will use this on a daily basis(:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by perky32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product so much! It gives me beautiful waves that I get so many compliments on. If you are doubtful about buying this product, I would say that it is great quality.The only bad things are is it is a tad expensive, and it ends up not lasting very long because when I wave/curl my hair, the waves almost always fall out. Overall, I love this product and it is a great buy.

P.S. I bought it @ Target, just in case u were wondering(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this waver! The effect that it produces is just so amazing. I am just 100% in love with the shiny mermaid/finger-like waves that this produces.
Sure, it's a little bulky and slightly awkward to use at first, but you do get the hang of it after the first few tries. The sheer size of this thing most certainly does cut down on the time it takes to do a thick head of hair like mine and that's definitely one of the reasons why I love it so much. Straightening my hair takes FOREVER but it takes me about 15 minutes to have a head full of glistening ebony waves with this.
Unlike other reviewers, I don't believe that the heat of this styling tool attributes to the staying power of the waves it creates. My hair is very thick and somewhat coarse yet the waves this waver makes stay in my hair up until I wash them out. To be fair, I do use a heat protectant spray (as everyone should!) and a very light spritz of medium hold hair spray. Either way, I don't find the heat selection on this to be poor at all.
Buy it! If you're looking for beautiful damp looking waves, you'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Loved this waver, but my waves didnt last. Used extra hold hairspray and all. Most of the time Revlon has hits, but this for me was a miss in the end. I'm done with drugstore brands for hair tools! >:|

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by rittybear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! I'd been contemplating buying this for 3 weeks and I finally got it. Took 2 hrs to wave my whole head because my arm got tired, and I ate during. Amazing. Got really hot, the waves stuck, and it makes my hair look thicker and fuller. I don't have the jumbo, just the regular but it still got the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by r330achael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this!! makes my hair look sooo pretty!! and i have long thick hair, and it took less than 15 minutes!! so impressed!!