October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Foundations - Lauren Hutton - Gel Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I seldom write very negative reviews, but this was the absolute worst product I have ever used EVER! It was yellow, sallow, and make every line in my face appear more like a huge crator. OMG, I couldn't wash it off quick enough. I purchased a whole kit of this line of Huttons producs, and through them all in the garbage. It wasn't enough worth the $$ for me to pay the shipping back to the company for the refund. I was so surprised because I love the original Disc.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Westernnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would be a nice foundation if you had perfect skin. On me, however, it settled in fine lines and pores and did not provide enough coverage for my rosacea. The sponge that comes with it will wipe off the foundation while you are applying it, so use a foundation brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Lauren Hutton Gel Foundation. For reference, I am fair with neutral/warm undertones and have sensitive, combination skin. The compact is a fairly large square lucite compact that I purchased through hsn.com. I purchased both the Light and the Medium as I was unsure which would look best. Curiously, I could actually get away with using either one. The gel foundation goes on smoothly - I used a foundation brush instead of the enclosed makeup sponge. The coverage can be built up to a medium coverage and when used in conjunction with the Aqua Elements face powder, it is smooth, soft and lasts all day. I found that I didn't touchups throughout the day as with other foundations. I also use the concealers in the face disc or the Aqua Elements kit. I love the flawless, poreless look that I got with this foundation. It feels weightless on the skin and doesn't cake or settle into fine lines. Highly recommend!

UPDATE: 4/7/09: I had to stop using this product after developing a skin rash. Once I discontinued using all of Lauren's products, my skin condition cleared. If you have sensitive skin, watch out!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No