September 21, 2014 | 1431 users online

Makeup Brushes - Lauren Hutton - eco-duo bamboo brush set

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by momaste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used these brushes for 3 years and am buying them again after losing them on vacation. I use them with the face disc and love them! I've had more expensive brushes and these are comparable in quality, with the bonus of the rainbow color coding to put things on in the right order with the disc. The eyebrow brush and spoolie are my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by creissant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great little brush set, and I love this concept of double-ended brushes. Quality of the brushes is great; the spoolie in particular is very silky (so I don't feel like I'm raking through my eyebrows). As the previous reviewer noted, some extra loops would have been helpful. I'm going to sew in my own elastics for foundation and face powder brushes, then this little baby will hold all the brushes I need. Great product and I'm loving that it's leaning more towards "green"!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Lauren Hutton lauren eco-duo bamboo brush set is in a hemp roll with bamboo handles that have brushes on each end. The handles are color-coded to match her Face Disc or Passport systems.

The brushes are excellent! The double-end makes for an issue putting them into the loops of the very stylish hemp brush roll, but the designers were clever; the blush/contour brush is fitted by a velcro loop that opens. The other brushes (spot concealer, eyebrow, eye shadow/liner) have one end that is finely pointed and can be poked into their respective loops.

The bristle quality seems excellent. The entire kit is very compact and hemp is a durable and attractively natural fabric. If you need a set of travel brushes AND you like the Face Disc, you can't go wrong with this set and the price is good. The contour/blush combination in particular is excellent. I think it needs a lip brush for the lip color or balm (I don't like using fingers) and it could use a foundation brush for the cream foundation, in my opinion--would be nice to see these as options, but I just threw a few extra brushes inside. There are no extra loops however.

continued >>