April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Flextencils

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

my ultimate mascara, i LOVE lancom mascaras, in my opp they are the best, im not hot on them for other things but mascara they have def got right.

curls, lengthns thickens, its everything you could ask for... and most importantly does not dry out your lashes!
    i say yes yes yes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a nice curling mascara, which I have worn for years and several of my friends now wear as well, I have worn the waterproof and non-waterproof versions, and prefer the non-waterproof version (feels nicer on, easier to remove) but the waterproof is good for hayfever days / weddings / funerals etc. The wand is a curved wand which I like and I find it is easier to apply than using a straight wand (my eyelash line is not straight, so why make straight wands????). I found this to give reasonable curl, to lengthen and open up the eye pretty well, though you will still get better curl if you use a heated eyelash curler first. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, doesn't clump, doesn't flake so overall it's a winner. Doesn't really thicken much but hey, how much can one mascara do?) This is my fav of the Lancome mascara's (have used fatale (hate, hate the brush especially - short stubby grrr), ampicils (thickening, nice) hynose (tubing, ok), magicils (meh)) but am not going to buy this again only due to Lancome's animal testing stuff. If they would stop, then I would purchase again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by zzhan616

I bought it in Hongkong at sale and it is not expensive at all
    it works well, crimps very well-since I am so lazy to use lash-clip, I can truly feel it crimps my lash a little bit
    but it does no help to dense at ALL.
    and because it is not water-proof, if I swear, I will always have black eyes like panda.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by HannaH70

I have straight, fairly short and thick and pretty dark lashes (compared to my fair skintone), and I'm maybe the laziest person in the world when it comes to using a lash curler, so I need a lengthening AND curving mascara. No volume effect needed - that just makes my lashes clumpy no matter what I do. I had high hopes for this mascara but unfortunately it let me down big time. Made my lashes clumpy, the curving effect was minimal, the brush was uncomfortably scratchy and the mascara dried way too fast both during application and in general. Lousy value for money, simply. Maybelline's Sky High Curves does the job ten times better and I get three of those for the price of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by idressyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not the best, nor the worst mascara I've tried. It has a good separating quality to the brush, and the product goes on evenly without clumping... just a little heavier than I'm a fan of... but it still looks nice and stays put. The big problem, for me, is that it really irritated my eyes. At first, I thought I had just gotten a litte in my eye when applying, but the watery, filmy sensation never went away the whole time I had it on. I equate the feeling to what my eyes feel like at the end of an office day (from staring at a computer for 8 hours in nasty florescent lighting). If you have tough to irritate eyes, this may work for you. Next, please.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by estrella79

This is my HG mascara. Just perfect - nice looking lashes, with a bit of curl and body - plus no smudging. Natural enough to wear every day to work, and if you curl and add a few coats, great for night time wear too.

I can't believe they've discontinued this. I went through many mascaras before I found one as good as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by chhuy2

I really like this mascara because it really does lift my straight long lashes. It doesn't exactly curl like in the mags (or the eye lash curler look) but it lifts, define and separate. It does not clump, flake or stick together. I bought it off ebay for about a third of the price in the shops so it was a terrific bargain, but otherwise I probably wouldn't buy it because it's quite expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Annieyan

Oh,what a mess.It dosen't curl anymore,and it also have no work.
    I don't like lancome's mascara,their mascara don,t suit me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I didn't buy this. I got it as a GWP because my HG foundation is Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra right now for the summer. It didn't really do anything at all but darken my lashes and SLIGHTLY lengthen them. Although, one good thing I will say about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge at all throughout the day and most mascara's smudge all under my eye - even many waterproof mascaras. Maybe if I had longer, thicker lashes this would work for an everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFashionista

First and most important, if you are a fan of Flextencils, sad and sorry to tell you, it has been discontinued. But I did like it a lot. It isn't going to give you long, full, or dramatic lashes, but it is nice for building with another mascara or for an everyday simple look. If you are or were a fan of Flextencils. Lancome recommends a similar product: Courbe Virtuose.