Smashbox Diffuse Under Eye Lightener

1.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually like this product. The yellow diffuser is good for me because I do not have dark circles at all but they benefit from a little brightening, esp in the morning. I patted this on and it looked completely natural and my undereyes looked nice. I look 'well rested' with this on. However, the concealer on the other side is a bit of a disappointment. Not a terrible product, but you'd think that smashbox would have made a better one. It doesn't cover too well.
Overall, I would buy again- it's a convenient purse product.

on 11/6/2003 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this after reading a rave in Glamour ("My boyfriend, who doesn't notice anything, says it makes me look radiant!"). I'm an LLL with terrible dark circles under my eyes (hereditary) and thought this (in medium) would do the trick. The yellow side was OK, though I prefer Physician's Formula's Wanderful Wand to this. And the colored concealer did absolutely nothing. And my boyfriend didn't say anything about me looking radiant. ;) I managed to sell this on eBay for one-third of what I paid. And my quest for the perfect undereye concealer continues...

on 10/30/2002 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with the previous reviewer on this one. i got this in light and thought it was terrible. It does look caked and gooey each time you use it. But my consistency was way to thin to conceal anything. It did absolutely nothing for me so I had to put real concealer over this. Skip this one.

on 6/29/2002 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a dual-sided under eye concealer, with a yellow "lightener" on one end and a skin-toned concealer on the other. You have your choice of light, medium, or deep tan. I got medium. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! I bought it after seeing it used on QVC, and it was just terrible. First, the concealer side was all caked around the opening of the tube, and it continues to get even worse each time you replace the wand in the tube. The consistency is awful, way too thick and goopy for use under the eyes. And the yellow side, while the consistency is nice and light, only accentuates under eye circles. Honestly, I look like I haven't slept in a week when I use this. A huge thumbs-down from me.