September 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Instant Heat 1" Curling Iron

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This curls my hair very beautifully that is when it wants to. My two biggest disputes with this product is 1. IT SHUTS OFF ON IT'S OWN I take extra long curling my hair because I have to be checking that the light has not shut off and it if does I turn it on and wait for it to get hot again. 2. The cord is literally arm length, it is sooo short not a good combination when you are tall and your electrical sockets are almost floor height. I do like that its only $9 but trust me when I tell you that you get what you pay for. I will be using this until I save enough to buy a better one (Hot Tools I have my eye on you) preferably a ceramic one that is supposed to be less damaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you're one of those girls with straight, fine, limp or hard to curl hair continue reading:
Lets face it: I don't mind spending money if the product worth the hype, but after reading lots of reviews, I decided to give a try to conair. Now, after a couple of weeks using this, I can say this is a wonderful curler. For your consideration I've got fine japanese straightened hair, and after 10 years of straight hair, I decided to curl it for the first time.
I started trying to manage a bedhead look, and I got it, then I tried with the beachy look, and I got it too, but when I tried to get big waves, oh gosh, what a mess! I must confess I don't get used with ringlets yet, they fall down easily due to the straightening, but I've achieved a gorgeous tousled/curled look with my 1" conair. I've tried several brands and I must say this is the best curler I've found and I couldn't even believe it 'cause it's dirty cheap. I know there will be some other better curlers out there, but boy, this works.
If this small girl does these beautiful soft, smoothy, frizz free waves for me, remember I've treated hair, imagine what she can do for you!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by purplestar83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the reviews. For $10 I thought I would try it. This was a big mistake, this is the worst curling iron I've ever tried. It did nothing to my hair except flip the ends. I let it heat up for like 15 minutes and held it on my hair for a long time. Needless to say it went back to the store. I got the Remington T studio pearl wand instead, 1000 times better than this piece of crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by socialbutterfly221

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it works great and has a lot of heat settings that are perfect for any hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried many different curling irons and this is by far my favorite. it heats up nicely and it gets the job done. the only thing i dont like about it is that is kinda smells weird on my hair like sometimes i feel like it burns my hair which obviously it does because its a heat product but yeah. other than that its my favorite curling iron i've used and im thinkin about getting the 3/4 inch one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by xnightstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale on Black Friday at Walgreens and am really glad with my purchase. This is my first curling iron and it has been great. I like how there are many heat settings, how it heats up so fast, and the large curls it produces.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the last few weeks I have purchased and returned several curling irons and out of all of them, I found the Conair Instant Heat the most damaging ...... my "curls" were loose, frizzy and felt damaged ..... this curling iron literally burned my hair, (I always use alot of a heat protection product when using heating tools on my hair, and it was not enough to help my hair while using Conair's curling iron) and I had to do repeated conditioning treatments to make my burned hair look healthy again. I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Hollistergirl1O1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This curling iron is awesome! Previously, I was using the Conair cermaic 1 1/2" curling iron. The one that has a gold satin ceramic finish. It's suppose to give you shine and not damage your hair as much as a traditional metal curling iron like this one is I think. But I think this one is still better than a real metal one. So the reason why I decided to get this was because the other one would not curl my hair at all. It just made flips at the ends and gave me lots of body. At the same time, my hair isn't that long, just a few inches down my shoulders so it wouldn't even look wavy at all, just big and voluptuous or something and that wasn't the look I was going for. I wanted actually big curls that looked cascading and gorgeous. I'm not sure if the reason it would not curl is because of the size or the ceramic coating. Cuz the coating might be preventing my hair to be easily curled like if I were to use a metal one that gave more direct heat to it. It could also be because of the big barrel size. I have really hard to curl btw. I would have to hairspray every layer of hair I curled before moving to the next. But when I tried out this 1" curling iron, boy did it hold all day. In the beginning, I would hairspray my curl while it was on the barrel, but after a few times, I stopped because my curls just held so well. Oh, and I got this curling iron at Target for exactly $10.59, not including tax. The price depends on the barrel size you get. So if you're looking for a great inexpensive curling iron that gives you long lasting curls, I recommend giving this one a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This curling iron is very impressive. The curls are well formed and don't fall out. The iron is very cheap too, $15 at target. I would buy this again if I needed an inexpensive reliable curling iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by puppyluvz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first curling iron... and i just have to say it is amazing! Gives me very nice curls in my slightly wavy, frizzy hair. Doesn't cause any frizz, and cheap too! i think i got it for 15 bucks!