Sonia Kashuk velvety matte lip crayon

4.2

on 4/17/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Poppy Nude. It is a very nice orangy color. It is a bit drying with time. The color lasts and lasts though.

on 3/18/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These have been slightly revamped and have more modern black packaging. I have some of the NARS pencils, but I prefer the SK shade range and price (except for the NARS reds). There are too many similarities to tell them apart sometimes. Both brands have shades that vary with pigment, but you can build the color easily. I don't have anything bad to say about them. The lasting power is about the same as the NARS version without lip liner.

Poppy Nude- an intense red orange that is opaque and still a soft matte.

*new* Spicy Nude- exactly as it says. A brown nude with some 90's spice.

*new* Rasberry Nude- a pink/fuchsia rose color.

Mulberry Nude- an rosy brown.

on 1/29/2015 6:19:00 PM

Love this product! This was my first product from Sonia Kashuk and i absolutely love it. The colour is nude and nice for everyday however am i the only one who does not like the smell of it? I hate the smell of it. Its really off/cheesy. Let me know if you're having the same problem and if so what can i do to avoid that.

on 1/21/2015 1:26:00 PM

As other reviewers have said, I am surprised that this lip crayon hasn't garnered more reviews! As much as I love high-end products, from time to time, I stumble into my local Target and find certain products that just do the trick at a fourth of the cost. This lip crayon is one of them! The entire Sonia Kashuk line is affordable, high-quality, and provides an excellent array of items.

I bought this lip crayon in Pinky Nude and it is such a beautiful pigmented color on my lips. The finish is matte and it allows you to draw on bigger, fuller lips. I love matte lip products, and this crayon just does that and it stays on for a long time. I do have to touch up during the day, as is expected for lip products, but so far I am loving it and will definitely be repurchasing!

on 9/1/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am really surprised there are not more reviews (raves) of this product.

I have it in Rosey Nude, which is a medium, soft red. It's a red for people who are afraid of reds (like me).

I just adore this lip pencil so much. It instantly brightens up my face (light to medium with yellow undertone), without screaming "look at me, I'm wearing red lipcolor!"

The texture is very smooth, with a matte finish. I usually put on a lipbalm, wait a couple of minutes, blot off the excess, then apply this.

I press my lips together a couple of times to get the color into my lips. Then I don't have to worry about it smearing, or getting on my teeth (my #1 fear when wearing a dark or bright lip color).

on 8/24/2013 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These are great dupes of Nars jumbo lip pencils! Rosen nude is a bright red lip color, great to wear alone or I prefer to use at as somewhat of a lip primer under my favorite red matte lipstick. It has a soft texture, glides on very smoothly, and doesn't cake up!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Saw it in the store and just felt like testing out more matte products from other companies. Really drying when I applied it it felt rough. Doesn't really go on evenly and I just wasn't really happy it was a waste of 8 dollars for me. Plus it didn't even stay on long.

on 1/21/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in blossomy nude. I've been wanting to try these for a while. I like the packaging and ease of putting it on but I won't repurchase. The color is okay but is a bit off and I layer another color over it to make it work for me. I wanted something a bit more subdued. Not willing to try another color...the word nude in the names are misleading.

on 8/9/2011 5:00:00 PM

I was looking for something cheaper than the Clinique Chubby Stick, found this one and Wet n Wild Megaslicks Retractable pencil, but couldn't find a pink color for me from wnw, so picked up this velvety matte lip crayon from Target, disappointed. Expect the color was good, nothing was comparable with Clinique or Wnw, neither moisturizing nor price, plus, the crayon was too soft that I broke it immediately after tried one time, could not returnt it, and I still need to buy a fat sharpener for it lol

on 6/1/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

this are really smooth, stay a LONG time and great colors. The pay off is good.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products