October 25, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lips - Sonia Kashuk - velvety matte lip crayon

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really surprised there are not more reviews (raves) of this product.

I have it in Rosey Nude, which is a medium, soft red. It's a red for people who are afraid of reds (like me).

I just adore this lip pencil so much. It instantly brightens up my face (light to medium with yellow undertone), without screaming "look at me, I'm wearing red lipcolor!"

The texture is very smooth, with a matte finish. I usually put on a lipbalm, wait a couple of minutes, blot off the excess, then apply this.

I press my lips together a couple of times to get the color into my lips. Then I don't have to worry about it smearing, or getting on my teeth (my #1 fear when wearing a dark or bright lip color).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by JulesRiv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are great dupes of Nars jumbo lip pencils! Rosen nude is a bright red lip color, great to wear alone or I prefer to use at as somewhat of a lip primer under my favorite red matte lipstick. It has a soft texture, glides on very smoothly, and doesn't cake up!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saw it in the store and just felt like testing out more matte products from other companies. Really drying when I applied it it felt rough. Doesn't really go on evenly and I just wasn't really happy it was a waste of 8 dollars for me. Plus it didn't even stay on long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in blossomy nude. I've been wanting to try these for a while. I like the packaging and ease of putting it on but I won't repurchase. The color is okay but is a bit off and I layer another color over it to make it work for me. I wanted something a bit more subdued. Not willing to try another color...the word nude in the names are misleading.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by deardri

I was looking for something cheaper than the Clinique Chubby Stick, found this one and Wet n Wild Megaslicks Retractable pencil, but couldn't find a pink color for me from wnw, so picked up this velvety matte lip crayon from Target, disappointed. Expect the color was good, nothing was comparable with Clinique or Wnw, neither moisturizing nor price, plus, the crayon was too soft that I broke it immediately after tried one time, could not returnt it, and I still need to buy a fat sharpener for it lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

this are really smooth, stay a LONG time and great colors. The pay off is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by lips75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very impressed with this lip crayon. I wanted to try something different. I tend to stay away from nude colors because I have tanned skin and darker lips. I think it would make me look like a zombie!! I really like the color and the smell of crayon.. mmmm.. yummy! I would recommend putting a lip balm underneath and let it sit for a few minutes before applying because it makes a big difference. I added a picture above. I can't wait to try the pink nude and velvety shine lip crayons.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by GlowFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I use it all the time. I bought it with the idea that it would work but wouldn't be great... I was wrong. It was great. I think they shade I got this was called "Pink Nude" It can be used as a lip liner or lip stick. I very much enjoy this! Soft and color pay off is very good. Try it out and see for yourself!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lilacskin

i've never been moved to write a review for any cosmetic but, oh my heavenly heavens, these lip crayons rock my world. the texture is creamy, the colors are not so limited as one would think despite all claiming to be nudes, the finish is (as mentioned) not truly matte but velvet matte...just lovely. i find them comparable to Nars' Velvet Matte pencils tho' so much more affordable- for the price of one Nars pencil i bought two of Ms. Kashuk's, Rosey Nude which is a crisp ultra-flattering red and Blossomy Nude which is almost identical to Nars' Dolce' Vita. i've included a photo which has, top to bottom, Nars Dolce' Vita, Kashuk Blossomy Nude, Kashuk Rosey Nude and (just for fun) Tarte Natural Lip Stain Pencil in Lust.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by likespinningplates

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Rosey Nude, which is close to a true red on me. This goes on smooth, and true to the name, velvety with nice, strong color. It's matte but doesn't feel dry. I'm not sure how I will sharpen it, but besides that, I would like to try the other colors.