September 2, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Brave Red

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by AnnaGee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely true red with nice comfortable texture. You can blot and wear as a soft but true red or build up the colour for an evening look

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Fantastic neutral red cream, not too dark or too light. I find it quite buildable, which is nice because if I wear it full on, it tends to look a bit loud on me and pulls a little bit pink (yellow-toned NC25/30). It's a lovely, clean red and a great alternative to my favorite daytime red cream, Clinique Angel Red, which is deeper and softer. Brave Red lasts reasonably well on me for about 4-5 hrs, and as it wears, it fades evenly. If I didn't have so many lipsticks in my rotation, this would certainly be a staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I'd discovered Brave Red before I bought Russian Red. I love this shade of red. It reminds me of Mac Red, and it looks good on my nw43 complexion. I can actually wear this without any or very little makeup. When this tube runs out I will repurchase. I use vino, currant or brick liner with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by marypotter07

Perfect red! I have fairly neutral skin, leaning warm, and am fair/light, probably around nw15-20 in mac products. It is mostly blue toned, so cool, with just a SLIGHT touch of warmth. I would say it has a cream formula, but more of a satin finish, so it is more comfortable than a super glossy or straight up matte. I have only had it for a few hours, but it is comfortable to wear and wears nicely. The only thing is that it is pretty small for the price, which has just been increased from $15 to $16 (seriously... they have a lot of faithful customers that always repurchase and it isn't fair to keep increasing the cost...) They are cheaper than a lot of other high end lipsticks, though. This and creme cup are my first mac lipsticks, and I am sold. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to red. It's super red and flattering with my fair with cool-undertones skin. I pair it with MAC cherry lip liner and it looks great. I get a little feathering/bleeding on the edges but it's not a deal breaker. It's got the perfect amount of shine to it. I got mine through Back to MAC but I would repurchase - I've found "my" red.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Brave red is the perfect balance of red; neutral and very wearable. Along with MAC Red this is a great red if you're looking for a red but don't want the more popular Russian Red or Ruby Woo since they're matte. This one is very creamy and moisturizing. I find it wears very well and fades evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a wearable red, because I wasn't brave enough to wear my favorite Russian Red during day time. Ironically, after standing at the MAC counter trying on red lipsticks for an hour, I decided to go with Brave Red. I love it. I think its flattering, (nw20) and you can build it, or sometimes I'll just wear a touch with lip balm. Lovely color, so glad I have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Colour4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this color! Never have to worry about running out of it since I never have less than 2 tubes on hand at all times!
Bravo, Brave Red! Bravo, MAC !!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by dabadckgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color of this lipstick is perfect! I've been looking for a red lipstick. I had tried on Ruby Woo but it didn't look good on my complexion. I know they say it looks great on everyone...:/ I have a medium skin tone, brown eyes, and brown hair with highlights. I really wanted a satin formula because my go to lipstick is MAC twig and it lasts forever and looks great on me. Brave red is a creme sheen so much more likely to feather. I was afraid that it would run into my lip lines so I bought prep+prime. That was certainly a great buy because this lipstick did not feather at all! It's a must for anyone who has this problem! The only reason that I give this lipstick four lippies is because it does require a primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by recyclenow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros
The colour is AMAZING - love it, not too blue or orange. I'm pretty neutral in my skin tone and this looks great
The texture is really nice, not too dry or too sheer, my lips feel moisturised when I'm wearing it
The quality and coverage are great
It smells lovely

Cons
Its MAC so its pricey
Even when I wore this with a liner, applied with a brush, worked in and blotted it STILL feathered round my lipline - why??
Staying power is OK but only OK (applied as above it was wearing off on the inside of my lips by lunchtime)

Overall, I would buy this again but only because the colour is so nice, if I found the same colour in a non-feathering formula I wouldn't buy this one again