December 19, 2014 | 821 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Brave Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

I was out walking on a beautiful sunny fall day, and caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror. I really got worried that I had some kind of terminal illness, I looked so washed out and horrible. Decided that a bright lipstick might help me recover from the shock. Ran to a Mac counter and chose Brave Red.

I have had a love-hate relationship with red lipsticks. While I realize that matte is in vogue right now, I actually find the texture too drying, and as I am a woman of a certain age, red can also make me look like Cruella. This one is actually lovely....I prefer it to most others I've tried, and like it much more than Russian Red or Ruby Woo. It is a bit creamier, not drying and actually stays on for 4 or 5 hours with minimal fading. The color is red, but not too cool so as to be aging. I didn't need a lip liner, which is a big bonus.

If anyone from Mac reads these reviews, I wish that the color name was in big bold letters, or that the cap was see through. I have so many Mac lipsticks that finding what I want can be daunting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by svchang76

This is my ultimate red lipstick. Love the texture, tone...everything is perfect. I have black hair and a light complexion, and this lipstick highlights this contrast, makes my teeth look super white, and it's just all-around amazing. I have many half-tubes in my lipstick arsenal, but this is not one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by AnnaGee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely true red with nice comfortable texture. You can blot and wear as a soft but true red or build up the colour for an evening look

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Fantastic neutral red cream, not too dark or too light. I find it quite buildable, which is nice because if I wear it full on, it tends to look a bit loud on me and pulls a little bit pink (yellow-toned NC25/30). It's a lovely, clean red and a great alternative to my favorite daytime red cream, Clinique Angel Red, which is deeper and softer. Brave Red lasts reasonably well on me for about 4-5 hrs, and as it wears, it fades evenly. If I didn't have so many lipsticks in my rotation, this would certainly be a staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I'd discovered Brave Red before I bought Russian Red. I love this shade of red. It reminds me of Mac Red, and it looks good on my nw43 complexion. I can actually wear this without any or very little makeup. When this tube runs out I will repurchase. I use vino, currant or brick liner with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by marypotter07

Perfect red! I have fairly neutral skin, leaning warm, and am fair/light, probably around nw15-20 in mac products. It is mostly blue toned, so cool, with just a SLIGHT touch of warmth. I would say it has a cream formula, but more of a satin finish, so it is more comfortable than a super glossy or straight up matte. I have only had it for a few hours, but it is comfortable to wear and wears nicely. The only thing is that it is pretty small for the price, which has just been increased from $15 to $16 (seriously... they have a lot of faithful customers that always repurchase and it isn't fair to keep increasing the cost...) They are cheaper than a lot of other high end lipsticks, though. This and creme cup are my first mac lipsticks, and I am sold. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to red. It's super red and flattering with my fair with cool-undertones skin. I pair it with MAC cherry lip liner and it looks great. I get a little feathering/bleeding on the edges but it's not a deal breaker. It's got the perfect amount of shine to it. I got mine through Back to MAC but I would repurchase - I've found "my" red.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Brave red is the perfect balance of red; neutral and very wearable. Along with MAC Red this is a great red if you're looking for a red but don't want the more popular Russian Red or Ruby Woo since they're matte. This one is very creamy and moisturizing. I find it wears very well and fades evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a wearable red, because I wasn't brave enough to wear my favorite Russian Red during day time. Ironically, after standing at the MAC counter trying on red lipsticks for an hour, I decided to go with Brave Red. I love it. I think its flattering, (nw20) and you can build it, or sometimes I'll just wear a touch with lip balm. Lovely color, so glad I have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Colour4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this color! Never have to worry about running out of it since I never have less than 2 tubes on hand at all times!
Bravo, Brave Red! Bravo, MAC !!