December 19, 2014 | 1516 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Aussie Perk Me Up

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

I use it not as only a concealer (over my liquid foundation or concealer) but also as a highlighter for my cheekbones. It gives a beautiful white pearly shimmer without any separate shiny particles, just even tone. I love this cold shimmer and not many of them are in the market, lots are yellow or golden toned which suits maybe better for tanned girls.
This product adds glow to skin, really good one, I use this one box for about 3 years and only now I am going to an end :) worth to try!

WHAT CAN REPLACE this product? :( They discontinued it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This is not a product for beginners to makeup. I think to truly appreciate it, you need to understand how to best use it for your face and once you do, it is truly an amazing versatile product. Most obviously and easily you can use it as a highlighter...its very fine and has a great pearly sheen rather than the glitter or shimmer of many highlighters. This gives you a true glowy look instead of sparkly. To use it as a concealer, you need to use a very light hand and the right brush to get the benefits out of this. The pearlescence can diffuse light and brighten darkened shadows or blemishes on your face. After you apply your foundation, a fluffy brush with a few specks of this brushed under your eyes can make you look more awake and counteract dark circles. For acne scars, a teeny tiny brush and a dab of this can reduce the darker appearance - you just have to blend it in well. You can also use as a light eyeshadow, or mix a bit in with your foundation to give a more sheer glowy look if you're finding your regular makeup too matte! The possibilities are endless with this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Is this an actual concealer? This product confuses me! I'll go with an under-eye brightener.
I have it in a roller-ball, which doesn't work well at all. Makes it so hard to get the product out. Other than that it really does perk up my eye area. It is sheer, so if you have really prominent dark circles I suggest you look elsewhere.
I don't use this often but I like the results when I do. I'm a fan of this company, I just wish their products were easier to get hold of. I probably wouldn't repurchase as I like to try out different brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As some other reviewers have mentioned, this product does not work well as a concealer. I use it over my under eye concealer to help reduce the powdery look when my under eye area is dry and the pearly quality of this product helps make it look more natural.

I really love this product as an eye shadow, a highlighter, and a setting powder to add a subtle glow.

I wouldn't recommend this for darker skin tones because it'll be too pale. But for us pale girls, it's a very versatile product, so it's very much worth the 4 bucks I paid when EDM had it on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by phoebe9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a concealer at all, it is definitely a highlighter/illuminator. I hope Everyday minerals fix this up because its actually a great product, but its just not a concealer. As a concealer it makes blemishes/under eye darkness more visible by illuminating them with a silvery glow. As a highlighter its extremely versatile. I use it in the corners of the eye, above the brow bone, on the apples of my cheeks and throughout the center of my face to reduce redness/ add a beautiful subtle glow. I find that its incredible for this purpose- it makes me look fresh, awake and 'finished' and as its only minerals so I don't need to worry about clogging pores. You do need to make sure you a fair enough and don't put too much on- it can look silvery on darker skin tones and if you use too much. So cheap, would definitely rebuy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by loserxdxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is really horrible as a concealer.. it is glittery and shimmery and doesn't conceal my imperfections at all.. i applied this to my face and i ended up looking like a ghost.. this thing is way too pale for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Japanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is quite versatile ~ I use this under my foundation on the apples of my cheeks and it gives a great subtle dewy glow. I use it under my brows at the arch as a highlighter. I also use it under my eyes to brighten my dark circles. I have to be careful not to apply too much close to my inner eye though, as it tends to clump up in the little wrinkles there ; )

This is the first EM product I've purchased in the travel size. I was skeptical about a roller-ball applicator for a powder product, but it works well! I tap the ball on my finger a few times until powder starts to come out, then I know it's ready to go. I have to do this a few times through the application though, which is why I gave it 4 for packaging and not 5.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very fair skin, deep purple under eye circles with crow's feet, oily eye area

I don't think there are any concealers out that would rate 5 lippies with me. This one wasn't too bad. I actually had this for a long time and just haven't used it. So I gave it a try yesterday. I only brushed it on my under eye circles and it looked shimmery and almost white. Then I blended it with my mineral foundation. It lightened up my circles considerably, made me look less tired, and it lasted well into the early evening, without settling much into my fine wrinkles. It has a slight reflective quality to it and it did not look unnatural on me. But as I had mentioned, I am very fair skinned, so this may not work for darker skin tones. Right now this is the best I have found for me.

I am testing Meow Cosmetics at this time and it looks like I am going to start using them. They offer matched concealers for each foundation, unlike any other mineral foundation I know of. Those I have not tried yet. However, if I can't find one with them, this may be the one for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by kylacovert

I give this a 2, because for what it is supposed to do (cover under eye circles)...it is TERRIBLE. I did not read reviews before purchasing this, and I am kicking myself for it.

Basically, all this does for under eye circles is make them super shiny/sparkly white. Not pretty. I would not label this as a concealer, more of a highlighter. I am still looking for that great under eye concealer...

That being said, I do like to dot a little in the corner of my eyes and below my brows...and the large package will definitely last me a lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by wreckagerunner

I love Everyday Minerals Aussie Perk Me Up Concealer. Like other reviewers have pointed out, it is definitely NOT heavy enough to cover dark circles all on its own. I use it the way I would use Benefit Powderflage- to set my creamy concealer. It is amazing. It doesn't cake under the eye and gives a nice brightness to the area.