October 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Moisturizers - By Terry - Creme de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent cream for dry, dehydrated, lackluster skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft and supple and makes it glow! I feel like it has helped even out my skin tone and minimize redness and pores. My skin looks amazing since I started using this and I have been able to use less foundation. I also feel that it has helped the appearance of the expression lines on my forehead. It works well under makeup. It smells like roses. This is my new favorite moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bmcallister

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Received a sample in my monthly Birch Box. I used it last night and actually forgot that I had done so. Next day, I'm putting on my face makeup and noticed that I used less. Mineral blush went on so smoothly. After applying all my makeup, I looked again at my skin and it was smooth and luminous. Hmmmm.....it was the Creme de Rose. I went on line to see that it was $99 for one oz. Ouch! I will use the remainder of the sample tonight. If my skin is the same tomorrow, I'll definitnely spend the $99. What a pleasure it will be (hopefully!) to wake up with beautiful skin every morning! Especially at my age!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

EDIT;
Brace yourself people - i have changed my mind about this moisturizer and that is something that almost never-ever happens! Its a moment to be recorded for someone as stubborn as me :-P
I love Creme de Rose now and have repurchased yet another jar (just in case). Initally i didnt like the texture but that was because i had purchased the Nutri-Lift Comfort Cream version and not the original moisturizer. Once i got used to it and figured out a better application method (melt on fingers and pat on slightly damp face - facial mist helps) I appreciated the cream a lot more. When correctly applied Creme de Rose is absorbed in the skin almost instantly (remember - damp skin is key), there is no greasy residue and you really only need a pea size amount each time. Even better this version lives up to its "comfort" promise and soothes my skin each night. I am glowing again...my wallet however is not :(
ORIGINAL REVIEW;
This moisturizer just annoyed me! Maybe its my fault, my expectations were high, the hype was huge, the brand is top-notch and of course the price tag alone promised results! The outcome was mediocre at best and i cant deny that the whole experience was a BIG let down :(
Why? My main issue is texture! Its not a cream, not a lotion, not quite a mousse...its kind of like a greasy yougurt that started separating! Where is the luxury in that? The one good thing is that it absorbs quickly and leaves no real residue on the skin surface. The drawback to this is that it makes me feel like i didnt use enough so i end up using more, never to be satisfied....
It smells great at first - roses gallore - but then it changes in to the "dead roses water" scent and no one likes that!
I want to love this! I really-really do! But i've used drugstore moisturizers that preformed better so unfortunately By Terry missed the boat on this one...for me anyways :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a La Mer user and Creme de Rose seemed as if it might be too light for my dry skin. I was very surprised to feel an almost immediate difference in my skin's texture.

Creme de Rose is a pink-tinged, lightweight cream with the texture of yogurt. It comes in a pricey little jar--30 ml for $90.00--with a little faux-silver spatula. I noticed that it sank into my skin almost immediately, leaving nothing but a smoother complexion behind. There was no waiting for the product to settle before applying makeup.

The real test of Creme de Rose was in overnight use. I woke up to baby-soft skin with less visible pores--and this near-miracle happened with one use. Needless to say, Creme de Rose has now become part of my daily routine. I can't recommend it highly enough and I have not found its equal among other skincare. Only drawback? It's so good that you'll run through that costly little jar in a month.

continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

This is a great moisturizer. It smells amazing, glides on super smooth and sinks into skin in milliseconds. Leaves my skin smooth, soft, hydrated and glowy. However, it's *so* expensive, and the price does not justify the quality, imo. It's a great moisturizer, but not $100-great. Maybe I'd keep purchasing it if I had the money, but definitely a NO to repurchasing at the moment. Too pricey.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Creme de Rose is $90 so it is a pricey moisturizer. It does have a luxurious creamy feel and a gorgeous rose scent. It contains rose extract in it that is supposed to be good for the skin. It is a decent moisturizer. I wear it at night and wake up to supple, rejuvenated skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by aleka11

This is an Ok cream, didnt feel like it did wonders for my skin, but the price is outrageous. I dont think that the price corresponds with the results and quality of the product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is AKA Multi-Active Replenishing Cream. A well priced (considering this is a luxury line and this cream is cheaper than Estee Lauders stuff) is is very hydrating without feeling greasy. A rose scented and slightly tinted pink shade add to the calming experience. You don't need much to cover your face and to hydrate dry skin. No sunscreen so this can be used day and night. Works well under makeup also. Lovely cream!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No