BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 3/27/2015 12:31:00 PM

I usually use NARS bronzers, and I decided to try this one after my NARS broke and I ran out. The bronzer is very easily blendable which I really enjoy, however it won't last me the day. I feel like its staying power is not very good. I have a light neutral skin tone that usually leans towards yellow, and I have a hard time finding bronzers that look good, with most of them looking orangey. This guy doesn't do that. What most bothers me is the packaging. I always struggle with it because the way the box closes, it has these little flappies on the side that sometimes go into the box and keep me from closing it.

on 3/26/2015 3:16:00 PM

so far i like it, perfect for my very NW20 skin, i used the brush that comes with it and i like it better than my sephora brush 74 (which was recommended to me by a sephora SA to contour my cheekbones).

I like it

After reading all the reviews and watching videos on YouTube I decided to go and spend 23 on this bronzer.

It is an all right bronzer but it does the same job as my Sleek Contour Kit. I'd say my Sleek Contour Kit does a better job and I tend to pick that one up more often. I have now sold my Benefit Hoola and will not be re-purchasing.

on 3/18/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had this product for about 2 years, I bought it because of all the hype. I tried it, but did not see much of anything special about it. It was a cool tone and looked somewhat ashy on my medium plus skin, neutral/warm tone. I found a better bronzer and my favorite HG Too Faced chocolate soleil worked the best. Now I have picked it back up, and use it as a contour followed by a light application of TF over and it works pretty good, I find that the warmer bronzer shade helps to dispel the ash tone and works great for contouring the face.

on 3/17/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product broke me out :/ i know this because sometimes i do not wear this bronzer with my regular make up and my face is fine even after a full 12 hour day. and then when i do wear it i get a bunch of pimples! this bronzer is good at highlighting but the only problem is the breaking out issue :/

on 3/15/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

COMPLETELY LOVE IT :)
LOOKS AMAZING!!!!

on 3/10/2015 7:33:00 PM

I so wanted to love this bronzer because it has so many things going for it--it's matte, it's finely milled, and although expensive it lasts a long time. However, with my fair cool-toned skin it always looks orange. On somebody with a more neutral or warm skin tone it would look great, but for those of you with cool undertones, proceed with caution.

on 3/6/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this is a matte bronzer with golden undertone. i would say this leans to cooler tone i guess? im asian with neutral undertone and i find this bronzer works perfectly on my skin tone. it looks very natural and effortless. honestly i cant even tell theres bronzer layered up on my cheek. i can only see natural contoured cheek. no im not exaggerating, i often got confused myself. i thought this product didnt do anything for me a.k.a invisible on my skin but when i wiped my cheek with makeup wipes, i thought where the hell my natural chiseled and contoured cheek went?! this is the best bronzer ive tried so far. ive been using it for almost a year and i havent even made a dent yet. a little goes a long way for me, which is good bcs i think the pricetag is quite hefty.
the brush that comes with it is soft and handy when i travel but i find it sheds quite easily so i use my own brush when im home. the texture is slightly powdery but it blends easily on my skin. as for the packaging, its cute and unique but sadly bulky. it takes up space in my makeup bag when i travel. overall i really like this bronzer and would repurchase if i ever finish. i would like to try another bronzer though.

on 3/4/2015 8:42:00 PM

Oh course Im another person who gave into the hype! My favourite youtubers worshipped this stuff. I can see why! Its matte, its hella pigmented, and its a nice shade of brown.
Id recommend it for contour only, I feel like its not a fantastic 'bronzer' if you will. (eg: temples, foreheard, neck, chin) as I felt it went a bit muddy on my pale skin.

Would I buy it again?
Ive had it for over 6 months and Ive just hit pan, and I use it practically everyday.Id definitely buy again. I like it for the contour shade! Its so expensive to buy in Australia!!! :(

COLOUR: nice matte brown. bit muddy on pale skin.
PRICE: $51 - Benefit @ Myer

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

on 3/2/2015 4:42:00 PM

Hoola really is the perfect bronzer; feel free to believe the hype.

No shimmer, no glitter, good formula, blendable, no annoying orange undertone that brings out the inner Snooki, and oh man is it PIGMENTED. So pigmented, in fact, that I have to ever so gently tap my brush in the pan to avoid picking up too much product. Is it because my skin is so fair? I'm NC15-20, which is light but not VERY light... So I'm not sure.

Of course, it IS nice to have a pigmented product, because you only have to use the slightest amount. On the other hand, you have to be careful not to go overboard, and this can be tricky. When I first started using it my boyfriend would comment on the amount of bronzer I'd applied. But you do get used to it with time.

Despite this slight snag and my annoyance with the cheap cardboard packaging, it really deserves its 5 stars. Ultimately, it's the effect on your face/skin that should be rated... Although I do wish Benefit would stop trying to be cute and just give us something sleek, durable, and portable instead of a freaking cardboard box.

Picked it up at Douglas in the Netherlands for 33 euros, which is far too much. You can get a better deal at other stores; unfortunately, Benefit doesn't sell anywhere else in the Netherlands (to my knowledge, at least). At least you get a ton of product, and I expect it to last me ages.

Popular Bronzers