BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 3/4/2015 8:42:00 PM

Oh course Im another person who gave into the hype! My favourite youtubers worshipped this stuff. I can see why! Its matte, its hella pigmented, and its a nice shade of brown.
Id recommend it for contour only, I feel like its not a fantastic 'bronzer' if you will. (eg: temples, foreheard, neck, chin) as I felt it went a bit muddy on my pale skin.

Would I buy it again?
Ive had it for over 6 months and Ive just hit pan, and I use it practically everyday.Id definitely buy again. I like it for the contour shade! Its so expensive to buy in Australia!!! :(

COLOUR: nice matte brown. bit muddy on pale skin.
PRICE: $51 - Benefit @ Myer

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

on 3/2/2015 4:42:00 PM

Hoola really is the perfect bronzer; feel free to believe the hype.

No shimmer, no glitter, good formula, blendable, no annoying orange undertone that brings out the inner Snooki, and oh man is it PIGMENTED. So pigmented, in fact, that I have to ever so gently tap my brush in the pan to avoid picking up too much product. Is it because my skin is so fair? I'm NC15-20, which is light but not VERY light... So I'm not sure.

Of course, it IS nice to have a pigmented product, because you only have to use the slightest amount. On the other hand, you have to be careful not to go overboard, and this can be tricky. When I first started using it my boyfriend would comment on the amount of bronzer I'd applied. But you do get used to it with time.

Despite this slight snag and my annoyance with the cheap cardboard packaging, it really deserves its 5 stars. Ultimately, it's the effect on your face/skin that should be rated... Although I do wish Benefit would stop trying to be cute and just give us something sleek, durable, and portable instead of a freaking cardboard box.

Picked it up at Douglas in the Netherlands for 33 euros, which is far too much. You can get a better deal at other stores; unfortunately, Benefit doesn't sell anywhere else in the Netherlands (to my knowledge, at least). At least you get a ton of product, and I expect it to last me ages.

I really like this bronzer and have been using it for some time. It has no shimmer or sparkle so it looks more natural. Also I have had the same one for like 3 years and i'm just "hitting pan". BUT I don't care for the packaging. It's too clunky for travel and takes up a lot of space. Also i've noticed as i'm getting to the bottom it seems to be coming off more orange. Maybe i've just had it too long??

on 3/2/2015 11:41:00 AM

Personally, I've heard people raving about their love for this bronzer for years and I finally got my hands on them about half a year ago. Truth be told, I was a bit disappointed when I bought it and tried it out. The color was orangey on my skin and the price was ridiculous. Even though I don't live in Taiwan anymore, I heard that the price for Hoola in Asia was around 43 USD, which was just ridiculous considering how much cheaper it is in the U.K. and America. I felt like there are a lot more bronzers out there that are better than this and cheaper than this, so I wouldn't purchase this again.

on 2/27/2015 2:38:00 PM

Love this bronzer. I'm really pale (Mac nw13) and I was scared of bronzers before I tried this but now I use it everyday. Doesn't go on really dark but can be built but to a dark tan brown if that's what you're looking for.

I'm very fair so its hard for me to find bronzers that aren't too dark. I really love the color pigment of Hoola and I use this product multiple times a week for almost a year and still havn't hit pan. The reason I took off a star is because if I wear it too many times in one week I start to breakout where I've put it, but that's only if I've worn it everyday in a row for days. I do recommend this for those with fair skin.

on 2/24/2015 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

love love LOVE this product!! I mostly use it as a contour on my PPP NW15 skin. I like how it is a mid-tone matte, as I'm not really a fan of shimmery bronzer or contour. I do feel like they could put a little more thought into the packaging, considering the price(but that's benefit for ya) Would definitely re-purchase if I lost it :)

on 2/24/2015 3:09:00 PM

I finally caved and got this and am glad to say for me it is definitely worth the reviews and 'hype'. I am NC20 and this is just about near-perfect for me. While I do maybe wish this was just the slightest hair/touch darker, it is still about near-perfect for me.

No shimmer, no orange-look, just a nice contour/bronzer.
Applies easily with pretty much any brush I use without getting 'too much' in one spot. I will say I do not care for the brush that comes with it, but that is just personal preference. Would be nice if they maybe sold the brush separately or did not include it at all and cut the price a little, but I digress. The brush to me has no bearing on the performance nor my rating...Just a side-note. ;)

Builds up/layers nicely, if needed/wanted. Stays true to color and does not irritate my skin, no scent that I can detect (and my nose is pretty sensitive) and it did not irritate my skin at all. As well for the price it should be all of those things, but often that is not always the case! But I was just pleasantly surprised that to me this is definitely worth the positive reviews. My only complaint is the packaging. I know some like the packaging, but I don't. Generally speaking I am not a fan of these 'boxed' blushes and bronzers though. But again, that does not factor into my rating or the performance of this product....Just a little side-note, again. ;)

I can see this lasting a long time. Have had it since this past summer and it still looks 'like new'....Would and will re-purchase...

on 2/24/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My all time favourite bronzer. It's the perfect shade for every skin tone. I have mild hormonal acne around my cheeks and this product does not irritate that. It's extremely easy to apply. A drugstore dupe for this would be the NYC sunny bronzer although that's a bit more orange toned. The packaging is great except for the fact that the mirrior is so small.
I will repurchase this product when i run out.

on 2/18/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! Great matte colour for contouring, looks very natural and easy to apply. Does not irritate my skin

Popular Bronzers