October 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Hang-up

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by pandaspear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went into MAC looking for a deep berry shade for fall/winter and left with this on the recommendation of one of the makeup artists. I do love the color, but I've found that this tends to look awful after a couple hours of wear (even without eating/drinking). I'm not a big fan of the cremesheen formula for this color, as I think it causes it to slip around and settle into fine lines in a rather unflattering manner. The color is absolutely beautiful and looks great at first, but I found that it requires a lot of touch up. I would not purchase this again. For a rich red, I would recommend Urban Decay's Shame instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful deep berry purple lipstick. The more you apply, the deeper and more wine coloured the shade can get. My only problem with the is that the finish can wear off easily and settles into my lip lines because it has too much slip...if that makes sense. For a colour this deep, a less creamy formula would be best. This still doesn't stop me from wearing this as much as possible!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of the few mac lippies I own hang-up must be one of my most loved! It's a deep not to blue based purple. Despite the vampy color it's still sophisticated. Makes me teeth look really white! I mostly wear this with a graphic eyeliner look or just a simple eye makeup on a night out. The finish is very dewy and creamy and as with all the mac lip products the smell is divine! Even though it has a slippery feel to it it's quite long lasting! Lovely product that I would repurchase anytime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I'm NW20 with light brown hair and hazel/green eyes, so wine/burgundy lipsticks really flatter me. MAC Rebel is probably my favorite lipstick (and is certainly my favorite MAC lipstick), as it makes me eyes seem to glow. I have eyes the color polluted water, but Rebel actually makes them look green. I decided that it was time to ditch the light pinks and make wine lipsticks my thing.

So I walked into MAC last week and said, "Gimme something that looks like Rebel." The lady showed me Dark Side, Media, a couple of others, and Hang-Up. They were all really similar! I stuck with Hang-Up because 1) it definitely leaned cool more than the others (and I mean the TINIEST bit cooler), and 2) I thought it would be nice to have something with a creamier feel and finish. I was worried that as a Cremesheen this would slide around a bit, but it doesn't budge. It's more comfortable than Rebel (which is a Satin) and has a shinier finish, but it's just as pigmented. As a plus it wears off evenly and leaves a very faint natural-looking stain. I'd describe it as a true cranberry red, as in: think of the color of actual ripe cranberries you see in the supermarket around the holidays.

So to sum it up: Staying power? Check. Gorgeous color? Check. Pleasant texture and finish? Check. Happy happy joy joy, another gorgeous lipstick! I hadn't bought a MAC lipstick in awhile, but jeez, I forgot how good they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by shanpearce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

First of all, let me start off by saying that I absolutely adore this MAC lipstick!
Although I am a big fan of MAC products, some of their products are very 'hit and miss', but this lipstick is definitely one of my favourite MAC products!
I went into my local department store and asked one of the artists at the MAC counter to help me find a dark purple/'gothic' shade, and Hang-Up is the one she showed me!
I have the skin shade of MAC NC20 and this shade is such a beautiful colour on me(if I do say so myself!). In the packaging it appears to be a dark plum/aubergine colour, but once on the lips it turns to be a wonderful dark berry colour.
The pro's I have for this lipstick and shade is that it is only 14, like most of MAC's lipsticks, the colour doesn't bleed, it stays on the lips for a good 6 hours, and in my opinion it suits almost everyone!
The only con's I have for Hang-Up is that I think I would love it even more if it was a matte lipstick as cremesheen isn't really my thing, and if the colour in the packaging was the same as on my lips, but maybe I should just use a darker shade(who knows?)
Apart from that, I really do suggest buying this lipstick if you want to go for a different and darker shade that isn't too 'goth'. It goes perfectly with the MAC eyeshadow 'Nocturnelle' (I will do a review for that very soon!), so if you are looking for a new look, this lipstick is the one to buy!
I hope this review has helped you! - Shannon x

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by CrazyBroad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a very fair blond, and was looking for a great red for NYE. This is it. Perfect very deep berry with blueish undertones. Exactly what I wanted.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

On my semi-pigmented lips this color is a deep berry. It is comparable to Makeup Forever Rouge Intense #48 and Chanel Rouge Allure Rouge Noir in color. However, the formula of the MUFE and Chanel lipsticks is far superior. Because Hang-Up is a cremesheen formula lipstick, it is drying on my lips. It feathered after a few hours of wear, though that was fixed with the use of a lip liner. Although the color is sophisticated and dramatic, I would rather pay a few dollars more and purchase a lipstick with a longer lasting and more comfortable formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reminds me of CHANELS Vamp but a fraction of the cost. On this NW10, it's a deep purple plum. I was a goth when the trend first started MANY years ago and I never really stopped being one; I just "matured" my look a bit more, lol. This shade is gorgeous and can go on lightly or dramatic as hell. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to add to the glowing reviews on this lipstick. It's one of the most beautiful vampy berry shades I have ever worn. I feel very beautiful and confident with this on. My skin is very fair so I don't apply it really opaquely, but a light layer or stain looks great. Its nice that a shade of lipstick can make you feel so confide

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I would be able to pull off such a deep purply lipstick with pale skin (NC20) and was always jealous of my darker skinned friends who looked so stunning in this sort of shade. However I was shocked when I actually tried it on that it looks really great! I love that it is very moisturizing, but I wish that it was a bit more opaque- I find that on my lips it doesn't create the most even coverage and you can sort of see my natural lip color through it in weird patches. With a few applications though it's usually good to go! I layer it a bit more to get a darker color for a night out, or just a lighter application with a bit of gloss for during the day when I am in a more professional setting but still trying to keep my edgier style.