MAC Emanuel Ungaro Crushed Bougainvillea [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

on 5/21/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this CCB so much! It looks really scary in the pan, but beautiful on the skin. It gives me that perfect "cold flush". The formula of CCBs are easy to work with and have decent lasting power. I will repurchase at a CCO or if it is repromoted.

on 11/22/2010 11:45:00 AM

I recently rediscovered this in my stash. I find this CCB to be more pigmented than others in the line - if you don't start sparingly when applying to cheeks, you can easily go overboard. When blended, the color is a gorgeous raspberry pink. I am NC15, and it gives my face a natural looking blush that's neither too deep or bright. This also looks amazing on the lips - if you stamp the color lightly into moisturized lips with your finger it gives you that not too-perfect, berry pigmented lip that's so hot right now. If this was rereleased I would definitely purchase again.

on 10/1/2010 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Im glad I picked this up at a CCS store. Color payoff is amazing, but you really have to be careful in applying. A little goes a long way, esp if you are lighter skin tone! Im NC42/43....NC45 on summer time and I think it blends great. I normally just dab a little on the apples of my cheeks and top of with a little bit peachy/brown blush (like MAC Warm Soul). Too bad it is LE.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm not sure I get what is special about this. I bought this because of the incredibly glowing reviews on MUA and because I am a total blush ho. I got it of Ebay and it was quite a lot since it's LE --- I think like $30 with shipping. In the packaging, I think it looks more special than it does when you actually apply it to your skin. It's got a very boysenberry-ish quality that is just so gorgeous that you want to eat it. Well, maybe if you're me and have had Haagan Daaz boysenberry ice cream.

Once applied it looks like a million other fuschia-ish blushes, not really special and kind of difficult to apply IMO. It's not glowy or anything. It's just sort of there. I'm not saying this is a BAD blush, but since these reviews all act like this is better than french fries, I'm writing this to let you know that if you're thinking of spending redonk amounts to get this off of Ebay because it's LE and you don't live near a CCO, save your money and buy, like, Alison Raffaele Inner Glow in Charming or something. It gives a similar effect but is much more special.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I purchased this at a CCO and I'm glad that I did. It is dark red in the pan but sheers out when you apply it. Those with pale skin must use a stipling brush with this! Can be used with all skin colors. This is a true cheek stain - much better than Benetint. So pigmented and smooth. Can be tricky to work with. It turns out to be a hot pink on my skin. I would repurchase.

on 12/28/2009 5:41:00 PM

What a wonderful cheek or lip stain! I bought this color with the launch due to the name (my house is surrounded by beautiful bougainvilleas!) but it sat largely unused in my drawer until recently. I am so glad I gave this product another shot. As a pale redhead, I generally look best in peachy/apricot shades of blush, but when used in conjunction with a mineralized bronzer on my cheekbones, a small dab of crushed bougainvillea on the apples of my cheeks really makes me look alive, healthy, and refreshed. Absolutely wonderful product, only downside is the packaging -- I hate having to stick my finger in the pot (if I use a brush I invariably apply WAY too much). You only need a teeny bit with this CCB!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best cream products i've ever used. I really love it as a cream blush because like someone below noticed, the formula dosn't emphasize bad skin. The gorgeous berry pink color gives my NC30/C3 skin a "in from the cold" look even though i live in Southern California lol :) You honestly just need a little bit of the product because it is pretty concentrated. i just take a little bit on my 188 brush and swirl and buff on my cheeks and it looks awsome.

on 11/17/2009 10:48:00 AM

I LOVE this product! As a stain-a-holic, I love the multitasking simplicity and smudged on ease of lip/cheek stains. When I ran low on benetint, I pulled this neglected piece out - and now it's my favorite thing to swipe on and go. It's alot more pink than benetint (which is a rosy color), so the two are different but i'm sure i am the only one who notices once it is on. Crushed B. is not as long wearing, being a cream. However, it is easier to put on. I just smudge it on my cheeks after moisturizer (necessary step) and pat it onto my lips and I look alive at 8am. It does wear off as time goes on, but it's so easy to re-apply and such a pleasure that i don't really mind. I've tried other mac CCB's and this one is simply the best for cheek/lips. As much as i like benetint, it is overpriced compared to similar things out there. Will definitely buy Crushed B. again when it comes back!

on 11/12/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first cream product and so far i'm in LOVE! I have slight scarring from acne so I thought this berry color would only accentuate that, but surprisingly it doesnt. Use with my SK skunk and i'm good to go for the day; the look is quite lovely.

Don't be put off by the super scary red in the pan. It is sheer and gives a rosy reddish pink colour.

Limited edition plus difficult to buy (some etailers have them though - that's where I got mine) and I seriously love this product. I use it on my cheeks and lips with great results. No balling or weird flaking even applying after powdered made up face. Mac - you've done it again. Typically though, you've made it limited edition so it is hard to get! If you see this don't hesitate - buy it!!

Popular Blush Products