L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner - brush tip

3.3

on 1/29/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I don't know why I hadn't reviewed this, but I tried this product many many years ago. Saw my SIL using it and thought hey I remember using that and why don't I own it now.? So I went out and bought it and then I remembered why I don't own it. I don't like it! Yes it's very pigmented, but I don't like how flimsy the brush is. The thing I really don't like about it is that after so many hours it "cracks" so the liner looks horrible, as if I applied it in some areas and missed others. It doesn't stay on me and I have dry skin, yes my eyelids and nose do get a little oily but even after applying a primer this eyeliner rubs off bad. I won't be buying it since I knew I hadn't for a reason.

on 1/27/2015 8:32:00 PM

The brush tip version of this liner was recommended to me on r/makeupaddiction. At first, I was pleased with the intensity of the black pigmentation and the matte finish. However, I found that the brush tip wasn't stiff enough to easily draw a wing. It takes me a while to get a precise line. I also find that the liner flakes off fairly quickly in a patchy way. Would not recommend this liner for beginners or for those seeking long wear.

on 10/18/2014 8:12:00 PM

This is incredibly hard to master and control because of the brush, you'll get it right on your 50th try with this product ...it might take another 50 tries to master getting both eyes even (at least that was my learning process). The plus side is that this is incredibly black and pigmented. It doesn't smudge BUT it will flake off through the day. I found that with out fail by the time I get home and look at myself in the mirror I will always have a " what the....happened" moment with my eye. The formula of the product is very liquid-y ....in fact i can guarantee that you won't have the product drying out on you for a very very long time.

on 9/24/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is horrible, I hate it. I lost my liquid eyeliner and meant to try the other L'oreal eyeliner but got this instead. I can barely pull the brush applicator out of the tube, the brush just isn't really brush-y I dont' know how to describe why I don't like the bursh. However the worst part is how stupidly easy this is to come off your eye. It peels off and just can be wiped off and it doesn't smear when you wipe it off which is good I suppose. But then that makes me unimpressed with the staying power! also it dissolved at the inner corner of my eyes. DON"T BUY THIS save your $8 if you'd like.

on 9/9/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Horrible. Let me count the ways:

1) the brush tip is not thin by any means, it is flat and picks up way too much product.
2) the formula is thick and goopy
3) as a result of the first two reasons, I had to wipe off a lot of the product on the back of my hand before applying. Even after this, the formula clung to my lashes and dripped.... Everywhere.

Also stung my eyes like crazy. This is going straight back to the store.

on 6/11/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely hated this. It's mainly because of the brush. Its flimsy and annoying, that being said it is not beginner friendly or easy to use for anyone in general because you will probably end up with product all over your eyelid. Definitely buy the felt tip one, that one is awesome

on 3/16/2014 9:21:00 PM

Love, love love this eyeliner. OMG, I literally bought about 50 over the years, different types, brands, and i came to this one, and its soooooooooooooooo easy to put on, and it stays all day.. I promise.. please try this one ladies. Please don't stop selling this one. My only complaint is, that is does not come in a brown shade. but the carbon black is perfect for me.. :) LOVE

on 2/9/2014 3:06:00 PM

After trying the voluminous eyeliner by loreal and failing to apply that correctly, I was a little afraid of this product but was happily surprised...

Once you get past the cheap packaging you can get to a great product... The staying powers on this product are AMAZING, the one this I would like to say is after the 10th hour on my dry skin it begins to flake off so be aware. The color is very pigmented and even after owning the product for a long time, the bristles are still in good condition and the product has not dryed out.

I own the product in black noir (j500)

Besides the ugly packaging, great product

on 2/2/2014 5:36:00 PM

Not a huge fan of the packaging but overall, the product inside of it is quite decent. It doesn't smudge but if you apply it on the lower lash line or near your tear duct (for watery eyes) it probably will run or smudge a bit. This is extremely easy to remove, you most likely won't even need to use/waste makeup remover since this isn't a waterproof product; water will clean it all off.

I hate the tip of the brush yo.

on 1/25/2014 6:54:00 PM

Dear Lord, where to begin? This was an impulse buy. I already had the E.L.F. liquid eyeliner in my arsenal, but it's such a small amount I knew I'd run out before too long, and I'm always game for trying new things. Let me lay out the pros and cons of this product:

*PROS*
~Long-wearing
~Intense, thick lines (which is nice if you like a bold wing or cat eye)

*CONS*
~The tube is kind of unattractive. For as luxe of a drugstore line as L'Oreal markets itself to be one would think this would come in a more appealing tube. It looks like a cheap sample mascara you get in a swag bag at a makeup store event or when Caboodle does their prom pack.
~It's sticky. I swatched it on the back of my hand. Ten minutes later it was still tacky.
~The brush is poor quality. My bristles were all splayed out. I wish the brush bristles were tapered. This is more like a thinner version of a nail polish brush tip applicator.
~The handle and the length of the stem makes for very awkward application.
~It is hard to wash off! I had to use cold cream, eye makeup remover and soap and there was still a faint line left behind. This morning I woke up with an eczema patch that had flared up where I had swatched this liner.
~It bled into my eye. I tried to carefully apply all the way to the inner corner of my upper lid and because the brush is so awkward sized and shaped, I got some in the actual corner of my eye and it was so goopy I had a gray film wash across my eye that quickly settled below my lower eyelid. I had to use eyedrops to flush it out.

All in all, I am not impressed with this product, but if you're looking for a long wearing, bold liner this may be right for you. I just know that me, personally...I won't be using or buying this again.