August 1, 2014 | 1939 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This acne treatment works pretty well. I've broken out with some small acne on my face and chest and this seems to help. I would say my acne was 50% improved in a day or so. I have very sensitive skin, and I have been using this twice a day with no problem. I love that it's clear. It does smell a bit, but that seems to disappear in a couple of minutes after application. I can't really comment on the fading part, because I have the mild type of acne that doesn't really scar. I took one lippie off, because this doesn't clear everything overnight like the advertisements would have you believe. Otherwise, a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I like just the regular rapid clear acne eliminating gel better. This is suitable for night use only as it balls up terribly. Really badly.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by LiveHappily

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The gel dries out too quickly even though I swear that I tightened up the cap very carefully. I only used it a couple times! Not a good value!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best thing I've ever used for acne. My skin is usually clear with the exception of a few occasional zits but a couple years ago I had a breakout of cystic acne and was unsure of how to get rid of it. My friend had this and let me try it and my skin was instantly improved. Within a month of using it daily most of my acne had cleared up. It's great for a bad breakout or smaller pimples. It also didn't irritate my very sensitive skin. I would definitely recommend this and for the price (around $7-$8) it's a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far the best target acne treatment I've ever tried. Having a very sensitive but also acne prone skin I try to avoid putting harsh/strong acne products on my face but sometimes those big ugly whiteheads live me no choice, so I find spot/target treatments to be a good compromise as I don't have to cover my whole face with very acidic lotions but just the problematic areas. It seems more merciful...

I must confess I am very surprised by the mixed reviews this little miracle thingy gets. It really worked for me! I apply it right on the whitehead in the evening and in the morning I'd find it significantly smaller and dried out.

The downside of it is that I can not find it anywhere in Europe, I bought mine while in the US... also the tube has a rather big hole so sometimes I end up squeezing too much product which is frustrating because the tube itself is very tiny and has very little product in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had some horrible rebound acne from stopping my birth control after 6 years, so as you can imagine, my skin went through a huge hormonal change which resulted in a cystic-type break out on my jawline and cheeks. basically, it did nothing for the cystic, angry pimples and I had to just wait those out, very disappointing. although I will say it's fairly good at keeping future break outs at bay and I haven't had any major issues since using it. I will also add that after some of my more minor pimples have popped, the gel seems to work better to reduce size and redness, but as most of you know, the cystic pimples don't come to a head in order for that to happen.

as far as the "fade" part of this duo, I haven't seen any drastic results that I would rave about and I've been using it for a month now, daily, 1 to 2 applications. I also personally have VERY oily skin and the gel like formula isn't drying enough which results in even more oil build up. For the $10, I will probably try another product next time just because I wasn't wowed by these results.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I don't get bad acne often, just around "that time of the month", but when I do break out, it's BAD. I have yet to find anything that actually helps with the redness, swelling, and scarring I experience. My breakouts take usually a month or so to die down, and the scarring lasts up to a year. This product does nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. I was hoping it would help with the swelling/redness, as it claims it combats that in 8 hours, but for me, it doesn't. It doesn't help with scarring either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Left my face sticky and I couldn't apply makeup over top. I used this in conjuction with the toner, both left me dissapointed and sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not help my skin. After applying it left my skin feeling very tight and dry. My skin actually started to itch turn red. This gel made my acne scars look worse and more noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHope17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand all the bad reviews this has gotten, although since everyone's skin is different, I guess people have varying viewpoints on it. For me, this is my HG for zit zapping. I don't break out often, but when I do, it's awful. Recently I developed a line of three deep under the skin, red, angry pimples on my jawline. NOTHING I tried even made a dent in them.

Finally, I saw this at Target and bought it in despair. And it worked! Withing a day or two, those big angry zits dried up and disappeared. The best part is that this gel dried them up so that they didn't come to a head and have to be popped. (Sorry for the gross visual.)

It does seem to have faded the marks somewhat but I have been lax in following up with application. But I will definitely buy this again for the sheer zit zapping magic.

I am a pretty harsh critic, so for me to rave about something so much is a bit unusual. Maybe it's just my skin type that this works so well on? Maybe so. If you have extremely fair skin (med - dry) and are over 40, I highly recommend this.