September 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - NYX - summer love

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lipstickwhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite nude lipstick I wear every day I am really fair so other nudes look dark on me even L'Oreal's fairest nude that everyone else seems to love.This is described on the Nyx website as being beige with soft pink undertones.This also looks great with smoky eyes or with green or purple eye shadows so your lips don't compete with your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by aeharvell

Although the price can't be beat and the actual shade is lovely and goes well with my skin tone, this lipstick is terrible. It too greasy and doesn't apply evenly. I usually love NYX products, but I can't say that I'm too surprised considering the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by K177y

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color! With the right lipliner it really is just a gorgeous color. With my coloring it just looks like a pinky beige color with just a hint of grey in it. The thing I don't like about this lipstick is that I just wish the lipstick formula itself was a little bit thicker. I usually prefer matte lipsticks so to me the formulation of this lipstick feels really thin. Even though this lipstick has great color pay off I feel like the formula is on the thin side and seems like it will wear off fast. Expect to touch up after any kind of drinking or eating because there probably wont be even a smidgen of lipstick left on your lips but when it is on I think it is an awesome neutral color. It's definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Linatha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh Summer Love, this is what I call a lipstick color for us gals with cool tone complexions and pigmented lips. I would describe this color as a dirty grey pink. I know my description my leave something to be desired, but the color is GORGEOUS on.

Just enough gray to tone down my pigmented lips. Just enough "pink" to say "Hey baby, look at me" and just enough "dirty" to be sexy.

Now granted the staying power is about 2 hours. But the color is quite unique. If I want to kick up the pink a notch, I apply a light swipe of NYX Gala on the middle of my upper and lower lips. More pow to the punch!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by primpednpink

I love this lipstick, but only layered with other products. I have plenty of lipsticks that are too "something," (too brown, too frosty, too gray, etc) but if you know how to layer lipsticks you can make almost any color work for you. Summer Love is on the gray side of nude - it doesn't look that way in the tube but it does on my lips. It can make me look "dead" but is great for a mixer to add to other lipsticks. Very smooth/creamy finish and very well pigmented. Not great staying power but it's moisturizing, which I prefer to drying or "long wear" formulas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying I absolutely HATE cool toned lippies. They look awful on my Asian NC25 very yellow skin. As a result I own no blue based nudes/pinks/purples even (which unfort excludes alot of the good ones available). This is the ONLY lipstick, I own, rock & love. Its probably because this leans neither cool/warm; its truly a "neutral tone." Its a beautiful sky pink with the slightesttt gray-taupe undertone. Its semi sheer, hydrating and has a glossy satin finish. It such an easy everyday effortless color on my lightly pigmented lips.

If your on the fence with a lot of lippies, HE or DS because of the undertones; check this one out. You wont be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mom2spyboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this color. It's a great concealer like nude. I have trouble finding a good nude because of my owe cool coloring but this one is beautiful. This color looks exactly like Circe but Summer Love has shimmer. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently went out in search of Nyx products, hearing many great things about them. One big challenge for me is finding the right everyday lipstick shade. I am very fair with redness in my skin, and some acne. My lips are also quite thin, and have good pigment on their own. One good thing about my skin tone and lip type is that I can pull of red lipstick very well. The downfall is finding a neutral shade. Many pink based lipsticks are either too light, to bright, or too rosy, causing the redness in my skin to stand out. Lighter colors also make my lips seem thinner. Mauve seems to be about the only shade I can pull off, but even then it has to be very neutral.

The good: The lipstick applies nicely. Very smooth. The color also lasts well for a more creamy lipstick.

The bad: When I came upon Summer Love, the swatch came off as a sheer, light nude. But when applied to my lips it looks frosty lavendar! Much too light and cool for my skin tone. I can fix it by putting a neutral mauve gloss on top, but my search continues for a good neutral for very pale, thin lipped gals!

Edit: I took one lippie off, because after using this a few times, it dried my lips out a lot. Unfortunately, this lipstick needs a lot of doctoring up to be acceptable.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Vynro

I've also written a review on NYX's Pumpkin Pie, which is my daily lipstick. However, I am forced to say that I would not buy it in this shade again.

PRICE - compared to drugstore makeup

PACKAGING - comes in a small, convenient black plastic form

COLOUR - DUNDUNDUN this is a no for me based on colour alone. That having been said, I am Asian and this nude shade just does not work with my skin tone. Unless I go for a well co-ordinated colour scheme makeup matching pale lips, this makes me look like I'm sick.

MOISTURISING - this on a scale of 1 to 5 would be 0. If you have have dry lips with cracks forget about this. All Nyx Round Lipsticks have great colour but they tend to sink in around cracks (unless you apply on top of lipbalm). Also, although I find this to be creamy enough upon application, it does not moisturise in any way at all.

STAYING POWER - okay this really cuts points for me. It's expected that lipstick doesn't stay after meals, but this really doesn't stay for that long even without drinking or eating. I'd recommend using this on top of lipbalm and maybe clear gloss to seal it, which ends up working a whole lot better.

All in all, NYX's Round Lipsticks are great, but I'd go for Pumpkin Pie over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Lulusewsews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have now in total 17 NYX lipsticks, probably 50% of those are nudes and Summer Love is by FAR my favourite nude. I'm very fair and a lot of nudes do look too orangey/yellow on my cool toned skin, but Summer Love is perfect. It's slightly sheerer than other NYX nudes (rhea, circe etc) but only very slightly. Although it sparkles slightly in the tube, it has a satin finish despite it allegedly being a frost? It really isn't frosty at all. If you're pale and fair haired, give it a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No