July 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Shampoo - Davines - Nounou Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I highly recommend this shampoo.

It is very refreshing, cleans my hair well, and is easy to wash out. My hair still smells and feels clean 12 hours after using it. The texture is very light and easy to wash. The only downside is you have to use a ton of it if you have long hair.

I will buy again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of this shampoo. I have pretty good hair. It's thick and healthy, and doesn't take much effort at all to look good. I know there's a lot of stuff out there about silicones and sulfates etc, and I guess this brand is working from that angle. I'm a simple girl with simple hair, and the old school stuff works best for me. I don't like the fact that it is low lather or whatever. I let my hair get dirty for a few days after washing, because I think it's healthier that way, and also because I'm lazy. This shampoo didn't cut it. It was really watery and didn't clean my hair. I guess it smelled alright, but who cares if it doesn't do anything?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by viediva01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually love this shampoo. I have very sensitive skin and dry hair and this stuff does not irritate at all, and does not strip my hair. Great for color retention.

Based on a conversation with my hairdresser (who loves this line) I tried using it in a different way from the way I use American products - I use one pump of the shampoo on wet hair, then add a LOT more water. Then I get a lot of nice lather and it rinses clean. I have to think some of the issues people have had in the negative reviews may have been from expecting it to be like American shampoo - use a ton of it and get a ton of lather, when using less product and more water is the best method. Using that little product, an 8 ounce bottle will last me 6 months, so the price does not seem high.

I do use the NouNou conditioner as well and think they work best together.

Some people don't like the smell, but I think it is very fresh and it does not linger.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by coatesjune

I have short hair which is coloured regularly, but not highlighted or lightened at all. I never blow dry my hair so it's in pretty good condition but i have quite an oily scalp and I use styling cream almost every day. I love this shampoo. It is one of the few i have tried in recent times which makes my hair "sqeak" when I wash with it. I feel that a lot of shampoos now are like a kind of gussied-up pondslime which never seem to quite rinse away. This shampoo rinses easily but isn't at all drying. I also use the conditioner which is really rich, so I use a tiny bit and only on the ends of the hair. Overall it is a nice pairing, my hair feels really soft, shines like mad and I get two to three days between washes depending on how much styling products i am using. My hair has decent volume with it too, which is great as I really have the straightest hair in the known universe and it can be such a damp squib. The packaging does look like it should be cough mixture (the conditioner looks like some sort of bodily fluid in a sample jar) but it is very eco-friendly so that's a plus. the only reason for four lippies is the price - but that's probably a little unfair as it is a premium brand. I am going to compare it to the Oribe shampoo I have waiting in the wings and then whichever wins gets repurchased!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the better shampoos I've used. Great smell, cleanses well, does not leave residue and does not weigh my hair down. Hair still feels clean and light even after 12 hours. Texture is light, easy to wash off. Quite moisturizing even without the use of conditioner. However i have to use quite a lot to cover my shoulder length hair compared to the amount i use for other shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by hapabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally wouldn't purchase for myself because my hair needs a little more "oomph" in terms for hydration. It smells nice, and it detangles my hair nicely while keeping my hair FEELING like hair (no heavy, emollient-like ingredients that slick down the hair).

Just a little heads up on Davines: I work for a company that distributes Davines through our wholesale stores. Salons come in and buy these products in large quantities for their back bar or retail shelves; we are required to be trained in every brand we carry.

For those who think the packaging is flimsy and weird -- I can tell you that Davines' mission is to create high quality hair care while being using biodegradable products. Therefore the plastic is meant to be harmless to the environment as it decomposes, like Aveda products. The tubs used for conditioners are meant to be recycled as snack containers or whatever else you want to store in it.

Some people really don't care, but since I'm from the Pacific Northwest, not recycling is pretty much a sin. Therefore we have more demand for eco-friendly, biodegradable, and vegan products here, not limited to hair care.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ttt22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible Old Spice smell that I would tolerate if it actually moisturized my hair. I see no difference after using for four months with the Davines Nounou conditioner (also a waste of money).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Davines products. Why? Because, near as I can tell, they don't have the dreaded 'cones'. My hair is fine and easily weighed down. Davines products clean thoroughly and rinse really clean. My hair is bouncy and so, so, shiny. And it can look really dull and weak but not with Davines. What's not to love. Definite rebuy forever for me and I'm the type who seldom finishes something before I'm off to find something better, let alone rebuy the same product. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by shilojean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yesterday I washed with Davines Nounou shampoo for the first time, conditioned with Davines Love Conditioner, and then added a thin layer of Kerastase Oleo Curl to my damp hair which is normally fine, thick, wavy and craaaazy frizzy. I let it air-dry then went on to have my best hair day in a long time.

Today I woke up and combed my hair with a wide tooth comb and no joke, it looks like I got a round-brush blowout. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by waterbaby241

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a swimmer, have shoulder length fine wavy hair, and I highlight it. I love this shampoo. It's not drying & gets the chlorine smell out. I use it with the Nounou Conditioner and every time I try another shampoo/conditioner, I come back to this. Not cheap, but I bought mega size bottles & they last a super long time.