April 25, 2014 | 1102 users online

Liquid - Black Opal - Flawless Match Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by people52005

After using this product, I wil NOT be buying black opal products again!! This foundation was terrible!! I was only relieved that it cost me 7 so I didn't throw a huge amount of money away!!! I bought it in beautiful bronze but the shade seemed more orange compared to the beautiful bronze in the stick foundation form. The packaging was appaling- a cheap flimsy piece of plastic with a pump that didn't even work properly!! The consistency of the foundation was very thick and clumpy for a liquid and there was no improvements when I put it on my face. I was looking for a foundation with light/natural coverage but this provided no coverage at all!! It rubbed into my skin and gave it an arkward orange colour. The creme foundation stick is much better but they were both rubbish anyway!!!! I will try revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin in mahoghany shade because it looks like a foundation worth trying!! Do not waste your money buying this black opal product, invest it for MAC or revlon or bobbi brown!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this at a DS for mayble $9-13, it's a light/med coverage, dense liquid foundation, I have Hazelnut Latte 05.

PRO: The applicator is a pump (like Neutrogena spf pump) and is a godsend, stops overuse, product's see-thru plastic body lets you gauge how much is left, lightweight and good for transport. The color selection is very good, not so broad, but from very fair to very dark.

I found the coverage more medium and it stays true, isn't porous and has a nice even finish with no cakiness, I use sponges and brushes and it applied well w/both.

CON: There's a very lose-able plastic cap, mine is streaked w/makeup from pump spout, the label is plastic and is attached to the plastic surrounding lid easy to rip everything off. The Hazelnut was a good color match for me but it had a yellow undertone and I am a red, so I looked washed out, and had to add warmth w/hilighters and blush. It's nice when manufacturers label what the undertone is (one drugstore brand does, can't remember name). Will try another color but afterwards want to get into Iman which I hear is fabulous!

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, aqua, glycerine, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, PEG PPG 18/18 dimethicone, triethoxcaprylsilane, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopheryl, ascorbyl palmitate, sodium chloride, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methyparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben (may contain) mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.