September 16, 2014 | 1152 users online

Powder - Black Opal - Black Opal Color Fusion Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good setting powder or can be used with only a concealer and this powder. I hate the screw top lid but that is just me. This powder tends to go fast but then again I tend to use a lot since I am oily. But it is relatively cheap so it is no big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Purchased this pressed powder in March for a low price ($11 maybe) at Rite Aid. Had been using a BE warm deep/warm tan foundation as powder with good results, but wanted something less messy.

PRO: The multi-toned mosaic pattern was a huge plus for me since all women but darker ones in my case have a range of color and tone depth to their skin and flat colors usually look yellow, dry, too red etc., etc.

I see five colors from a pinkish-mauve to a rummish cocoa (bear w/me) and it works! I get an even, beautiful, non-streaky application each time, no cakiness, works so that you can pack on color but gives a lovely finish with a light touch. Never used for touch-ups but I'm optimistic about its versatility.

CON: The packaging can be a hell of a lot better, I don't tote it so it's held up for me but it's just cheap plastic, with a screw top lid and a see-through cover that I'm sure will pop out at some point. And though you can fit a sponge or something in the case it didn't come with an applicator!

I'm a big believer in sharing info, so here are ingredients:

Talc, polyethylene, zinc stearate, magnesium myristate, tricaprylin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sodium C8-16 isoalkylsuccinyl lactoglobulin sulfonate, lanolin (lanolin alcohol), isopropyl myristate, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, avena sativa (oat) kernal protein, avena sativa (oat) starch, methyparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, ascorbyl palmitate (may or may not contain the following) mica, Cl77491 Cl77492 Cl 77499 (iron oxide), Cl 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), Cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), Cl 77007 (ultramarines), Cl 77742 (manganese violet), Cl 77288 (chromium oxide greens), Cl 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).