October 24, 2014 | 1611 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15 & Antioxidants

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD SEVERAL SAMPLES:
This is a decent 2 in 1 moisturizing sunscreen. It has a lot of good ingredients for the skin as well as broad spectrum protection. Depending on how well you rub this in and if you layer moisturizers this does have a slight white tint that can flake but compared to other sunscreens with mineral sunscreens this is not as bad. This can look greasy on the face too. In my opinion it's best for dry skin. If you have oily/acne prone skin or combination skin with the majority of oily areas avoid it as it will exaberate the oiliness. If you wear makeup try applying this first then apply your makeup after waiting a few minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NB: I am reviewing the latest SPF 30 version of this moisturizer.

I've been using this moisturizer since April so I could test it out in various weather conditions from rain to hot sunny days. It has proved to be a nice moisturizer+SPF for my dryish skin. My makeup goes on smoothly on top of it and lasts all day. It also imparts a kind of blurring effect into my face so that I need less foundation on top. it is summer now and I enjoy it all the same. I use it interchangeably with Paula's Choice Barely There Tint SPF 30 to ensure sun protection during the day.

I would recommend it to ladies with normal to dry skin (although not extremely dry I guess) as a nice 2-in-1 product to cater for sun protection and moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did absolutely nothing for me, it is too light and didn't hydrate my dry skin at all. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by OhAlejandra

LOVE IT ! Not going back to any other moisturizer! Great for dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

*****EDIT:***** My skin has become more combo - oily t-zone. I've switched to PC Hydralight and PC Resist Superlight - the Resist Superlight (it's tinted) being my FAVE! Both of these are matte (which looks better under makeup) and little to no whitecast. Easier to apply - not all of the patting and waiting - super dry skin it may soak in faster than it was for me. Hydrating enough and I can add moisturizer to dry places. I would reccomend either of those over this Skin Recovery unless you really like a very dewy finish. I am changing my vote to "no" repurchase and from 4 stars down to 3.

*****ORINGINAL REVIEW:*****

Please note the SPF rating of this product has increased from SPF 15 to SPF 30. Yay!!!

This is for DRY skin ONLY. Acne prone and oily skin ladies - find something else. It is VERY moisturizing.

Pros: (1) VERY moisturizing. (2) Mineral formula. (3) Non-irritating. (4) Does well under makeup. (5) Also has anti-oxidants

Cons: (1) Shiny. (2) Price

Neutral: (1) Slight white cast - I've tried a LOT of sunscreens and have yet to find a 30+ mineral sunscreen witout some white cast to it SPF. (2) Takes a while to soak in. Again, I think this is true for ANY moisturizing sunscreen.

The best way I have found to apply this is to lightly dot and PAT product all over face. NOT blending in entirely - just patting it around. Wait ~30 seconds for the skin heat it up a bit. THEN blend in entirely. I find it soaks in better and leaves MUCH less while cast. Wait again before makeup.

I've used this for years. I want to use a physical sunscreen because no stinging at all - easy for around eyes where I especially want my sunscreen.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Paula's choice skin recovery daily moisturising lotion - I don't really like this product but I don't hate it either. I just feel it's kind of greasy without being really moisturizing, and leaving a really white cast on top of the skin.

You really have to rub it in well and it's not for too busy people runing late lol.

It was not moisturising enough for my skin and I also felt like I had something sitting on the top of my skin for a while.

I'll not repurchase. There's many other product from Paula's choice that I like, but not really this one. I love that there's antioxydant in it tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel like this is very elegant, high-quality sunscreen. It's fairly moisturizing without being greasy and leaves a matte finish. It's loaded with antioxidants. It does leave a faint white cast (one has to rub it in well) but that's unavoidable with mineral sunscreens unless tint is added. I cannot use this sunscreen, though I do not hold it against it in the rating as I believe this to be a personal issue: I have recently found titanium dioxide, and to a lesser extent, zinc oxide, highly drying to my skin, sucking out the moisture as the day goes on. Most people don't experience this, though, so I feel like this is worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I found this to be very heavy on the skin. Granted, it is supposed to be for very dry skin, but also for normal skin. It just felt like putting on a winter coat during early autumn. I also felt like it didnĀ“t soak in very well, like it remained on top of my skin like a blanket. Even though I have fairly dry skin in terms of "needing lots of moisture and also a bit of oil", this would just suit me during the coldest of winterdays. So - just not the right product for me, I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by laz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dear SkinCareAficiando reviewer below:

I'm not sure you understand cosmetic science well enough to claim that 3.85% Ti02 and 3.12% Zno cannot provide sufficient broad-spectrum protection.

It's not just about active ingredients: consider the base formula, how it's formulated, what grade of minerals are used etc.

This product was recently retested and actually provides SPF 30 and passes the FDA's new broad-spectrum test (CW of 370nm and above).

It's a great product: gentle, protective, and not too whitening.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If this is meant to be the richest cream in her line for very dry skins...then Lord help us. I don't like it all that much. Kept my face hydrated and glowy for 2 hours or so. And then my face looked dull and my cheeks felt slightly dry. And this is me with combination skin. Come to think of it, most of the moisturisers from PC have not been all that misturising. Except for no irritation, I didnt see any changes. And don't get me started on the sunscreen issue. I still can't get over the fact that PC uses the lowest SPF 15 in its products but Paula waxes lyrical about the importance of sunscreen. I'd respect PC more if she'd improved the SPF to a 30. I wanted to love PC but these products just don't cut it with me anymore. I have tried nearly everything in her line and unfortunately they were just mediocore. This is possibly the end of the road for me with PC.