December 19, 2014 | 1511 users online

Moisturizers - Kanebo - Cellular Performance Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mua i tryed the Essence at least. I allways used the CP Lotion II but not regularly - just when i need extra moisture. BUT: the Essence is much better than Lotion II. Its little bit thicker, more like a gel and adds more moisture (and a higher amount of niacin) than Lotion II. The only problem is: its more expensive than Lotion II and comes in a 40ml glass bottle (the Lotion contains about 125ml).

Here the INCIS:

Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Sorbitol, Chondrus Crispus (Carageenan), Niacinamide, Methylserine, Peg-60, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methyl Ether, Prunus Armenica (Apricot) Juice, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Potassium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Dimethoxy Di-p-Cresol, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzate, Hydrolized Silk, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Extract, Pyracantha Fortuneana Fruit Extract, Hydrolized Conchiolin Protein, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Red 4 (Cl14700), Yellow 10 (Cl47005)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one month of using Kanebo products I am compelled to write a review. Last month a friend and I went to a SPA in Badwoerishofen Germany (Girls weekend) and it was our intention to indulge our little selves in the Kneip SPA. Long story short, the facialist talked us into trying the Kanebo Sensai treatment - great idea. We bought some products which I will review ----------

I am still trying to figure out if I really needed this product being that I have oily skin. While my facialist chose for me products suited to my skin type, I think I got dooped on this one. It is suppose to be an essence which should help to reduce imperfections and provide added moisture. PROBLEM - the product is too rich. I have reverted to using this at night only. The order of use is a follows: First Lotion then Essence then Moisturizer. I tried this a few times and my skin remained to oily during the day. At 95 Euro for 30 ml, I will not buy this again. Should I see miraculous results in the next months I will be sure to change this review.

UPDATE - April 14 2009
I have taken one star away as I have not seen any results from the Essence. I regret buying this as it was money wasted.