October 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Sensai Silk Purifying Mud Soap Wash/Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

I have big pore/acne skin and this product has been in my shelf for like 10years. One package can last 1-2 years as you need a super tiny bit. I dont use it every day but times when i feel i want a deep cleansing. Would recommend ONLY for very oily/problematic skin. Dry skins stay away from it. You will not enjoy it. I have very sensitive skin and it never broke me out. Must have for oily skinnies;)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Maya02

I have used this product in my early 20s, recommended by 'highly trained people at the cosmetic counter'. As i got older and wiser, i hope, i found out that ingredients matter a lot, especially when you have sensitive, acne prone skin.
So this product didnt do any beneficial things to the skin..
It contains a miriad of skin irritants, abrasives, skin drying agents, highly comedogenic ingredients like myristic acid, lauric acid, alumina, alcohol.. And has a long list of fragrances..

I give a few stars for the good packaging, because it allows you to use til the last drop of product and it really last a long amount of time, even 2-3 years by using it sparingly.

If you have acne problem skin, i wouldnt recomment this, because of the ingredients above.
The same goes for Kanebo creamy soap.
You pay a lot because of the brand name..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Miek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Brilliant product. Cleanses very well. I use it at night after the Sensai Silk Purifying Creamy Soap (step 1). In the morning I use this product alone under the shower. Also I use the sponge chief. After using these two products for a few days my skin already became more and more glowy and healthy looking. Guess how my skin looks now, after more than a month of daily use? Never looked better! :-)
The price seems rather high at first, but you only need a very little amount of the product. I expect to be able to use it for half a year at least, before I have to buy a new packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mimi822

After reading such great reviews of this, I had high hopes for this product. Began using it about a month ago and i can honestly say it has done nothing but make me break out horribly. It does a great job of cleansing and ridding my skin of all dirt. But it broke me out, when i stop using it i notice my acne diminishing. Maybe its just my skin because it seems as though it works great on others. What a waste of money. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Hinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wished this worked for me, but it didn't :(. Ever since I switched from clinique to this, my skin has gone mad. Maybe i'm not using this right, I don't know :/. But ugh, i guess it didn't work for me because of the fragrance, I don't know if this has made my skin worse, but my skin is at it's worst. Now I have more than half left, I feel bad since I spent alot on it, so now it's probably just gonna sit in my bathroom. :/
EDIT: when I looked at the ingredients in step 1, the 2nd thing on this list was mineral oil, which clogs alot of peoples pores...thus the breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Norajimjom

I have been using this cleancer for 2 years and I have yet to find a better cleanser!, despite the fact that I have stopped using other products i.e. step 1 cleanser,toner,moisturiser, and mask from Kanebo Sensai range since I [finally] found something else that work better for my skin as well as pocket friendly. This cleanser bring my skin close to squeaky and does not strip away moisture. Since I use Differin acne gel (for abouut a year now) my skin has changd from sensitive to medium/very sensitive skin it has become impossible to use this as a mask (due to unbearable burning sensation) but as a cleanser it is doing its job very well (without irritation of any kind).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sakinaskincare

I have been using this product for almost two weeks now, twice a day, so I feel like Im ready to write this review... a good cleanser is the most important product for me, as I have oily, olive skin, and without a good cleanser, my skin doesnt look the best that it can be.. this mud soap is by far the best cleanser I've used, and I've used clinique, biotherm, YSL, Garnier, The body shop tea tree, lancome and Nivea cleansers.. this is my favorite cleanser, esp for the excess oil, I seem to be less oily and at the same time, just as moisturized as ever.. it comes in a tube, so it's easy to control how much you want of the product, and lathers easy.. After using this, my skin color is more even, and bright.. Kanebo sensai silk products are expensive, but they are really high quality products.. using this as a mask, is really good as well..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by katherined777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in august through Bergdorf Goodman and got it in september and so far this product is amazing!! i have very very very sensitive skin and i cant use ANYTHING with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid because it burns and irritates my face, also NOTHING worked and i've tried all the products from all the brands (including proactiv) on the acne shelf at Target, this is the only product to actually got rid of ALL my acne including the skin colored bumps caused by oil. A lot of people say it is a huge expense for a small bottle of skin cream but first off i don't think $50 is that much for skin cream that actually works and the bottles aren't that small and they last a long time. I would definitely recommend this product to a friend and i will definitely buy it again!! Something that works in as little as 2 days is definitely worth the expense!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this mud soap, it's ideal for my oily but sensitive skin. Despite the ridiculous price (46 Euros - about 55 dollars - is a bit heavy for a face wash), this is so pleasant to use and it works wonders, washing away all the oiliness yet leaving my skin soft and moisturized. I never had this result with anything before. It can also be used as a mask and it cleans like crazy.
Oh, and the price becomes decent if you consider one tube lasts one year: you really need one pea-sized dose per wash and 2 peas for a mask, a little goes a long long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one month of using Kanebo products I am compelled to write a review. Last month a friend and I went to a SPA in Badwoerishofen Germany (girls weekend) and it was our intention to indulge our little selves in the Kneipp SPA. Long story short, the facialist talked us into trying the Kanebo Sensai treatment - great idea. We bought some products which I will review.

I would recommend this mud soap to any one who has oily but at the same time sensitive skin. It is an absolute dream to use. The product is the consistency of a mask but with a little water is becomes a very creamy lather. A little goes a long way. Very gentle and cleans thoroughly. The plus of this cleanser is that it can also be used once a week as a mask. I will keep buying this. I have taken a break from my usual Avene Clenance cleanser and so far so good.