December 19, 2014 | 1422 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Jelly Balm- Luscious 720

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this product is discontinued...but the good thing is I picked up 3 of these at a local make up discount store for $2 each! As part of my evening moisturizing routine, I used to use my EOS in melon and apply it before bed, but after finding these, I find they moisturize a lot more than EOS. When I wake up my lips are still moisturized. The only thing I dislike is the stickiness of this product, it's very sticky and that's why I apply it at night. For the day, I have my EOS with me...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

I only have the color succulent and I love it! It's turns into a somewhat bright pink on my lips, and it's like a lip tint as well because the color will stay on my lips long after the balm comes off. Why do they always discontinue the good products? :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lip products! I may stray from it and try other products, yet I always come back to ‘Luscious’. It’s the most perfect deep-yet-sheer berry plum color, with a balmy, slightly glossy texture. It has a subtle vanilla scent. I just use my finger to press a tiny bit into my lips for sheer hint of ‘bitten’ color, or I layer it on for a deeper, more sultry look. The color is super-flattering and looks good with both warm and cool makeup shades. It wears well over/under other lip products, as well. The lasting power is good, about 2-3 hours, yet it leaves my lips feeling moisturized even when it wears off. I don’t mind the ‘pot’ packaging as its convenient to apply on the go (and sheer enough to apply without a mirror, so its ideal for touch-ups). The ‘Jelly Balms’ have unfortunately been discontinued. I stocked up on several pots of ‘Luscious’ when they were on clearance everywhere, but they are still available from many discount sites online.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ivy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very nice balm/gloss, in a sheer blackberry reminiscent of Clinique's Black Honey. Only this looks better on me than Black Honey ever did. Very moisturizing, nice hit of visible color, and it smells and tastes like dulce de leche.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

These remind me of the MAC Tendertones. At first I wasn't too sure about this as it was such a deep cherry colour, but it was on clearance for $4 NZD, so I figured, why not? It applies super smoothly, gives a nice glossy finish and gives my lips a nice tinted blackberry sheen with a thin layer of this gloss. It is not sticky at all, which is great as I hate sticky glosses, yet with a thin layer of this it comes off looking super natural on my lips and with a thicker layer gives me a nice deep plum colour that would be perfect for Autumn. The staying power is what really impressed me. Even though I applied a thin layer of this, after eating and drinking I still noticed the colour stayed on my lips, almost staining them with this berry plum colour. It also moisturises nicely. Only wished it wasn't in a pot form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oooooh I love this product!

I'm into sticky glosses but this pot gloss is not sticky....it doesn't have a tacky or thick gloppy texture yet it amazingly wears a long time on the lips in a thin layer. Serves me right for discovering the joy of this jelly balm after it's been discontinued (got mine on eBay...a few Jelly Balms still available at drugstores but Luscious has long disappeared). Well.. I was curious some time ago but I didn't like pot glosses & the store prices were outrageous. In my recent search for sheer purple lip products, I had to get my hands on this.

This leaves my lips nicely glossy but not drowning, comfortably moisturized, & flushed with the slightest wine-berry tint. The color payoff is barely visible but I like it nonetheless. It's very much MLBB.

The one thing I don't like is that I have to apply it with my finger (unpleasant) or bother with a lip brush (inconvenient) ...I am lazy, so I go with the finger.

I love the firmness of the jelly in the glass pot so that my finger doesn't get all goopy with product or get any under my nail.. the texture is very controllable ...and on the lips it's just gorgeous.

Now why the heck are they getting rid of this little gem??

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by MoonCigar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this at the 99 cents store.

As others said, the color is a dark cherry red. On my lips i get a tint of color and a nice shine, and I like the cotton candy smell. It's slightly sticky, but it does moisturize. I don't mind having to apply this with my fingers, but I hate that it gets under my nails.

I like this product, but the drug store prices keep me away from repurchase. So much money for a tinted lip balm, no thank you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG for the my lips but better look. Too pricey for retail but do catch the sales because it's really worth it. It's like a gloss but in a pot form and it smells nice and it last about 3 hours on my lips without reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

i cant believe i havent tried this before..i got this on sale for only 2.50!! the color is really pigmented,,it looks like i had lipstick and lipgloss on,,it also has an amazing smell and long lasting stay...plus its cute packaging and small so you can carry it anywhere...i'd definitely repurchased

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is little pigmentation to this. =/ My lips are very pigmented and this barely even showed up even though it is a dark cherry color in the pot. It basically made my lips look very glossy with a tiny hint of color. It is a bit sticky though so the staying power is actually pretty good. On the plus side, it's not so drying which is big for me because my lips are so prone to dryness. I wouldn't buy this again...thank goodness I only got this for about 2 dollars on clearance. I believe it is being discontinued anyways.