April 17, 2014 | 1492 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rouge Volupte is extortionately expensive at 25 a lipstick. Having said that it has the most buttery, creamy, silky , satiny and nourishing formula. If you have problem , dry , chapped lips like me, then you can trust this lipstick not to dry your lips out. Despite this the lipstick also has a watery quality , which means it can slip and slide off your lips and it also does feather and settle into fine lines.
However if you use mac prep + prime underneath rouge volupte , this doesn't happen , it looks smooth and shiny. The colour for number 1 nude beige comes up quite pink on me. So it's a little more like mac 'angel', than mac 'myth.' So it's not a true nude but a nude/pink.
It's also hard to get this to last but if you dust some translucent powder over the top it will last for about 4-5 hours with drinking.
So to get the most out of this lipstick you not only need to shell out 25 but also 12.50 on a decent primer. 37.50 for one lipstick is extravagant. But the lipstick is so moisturising for someone with dry lips, you don't need to reach for the lip balm when wearing this. The lipstick packaging is stunning and timelessly classic. The canister just radiates luxury.
Rouge volupte is a splurge but if you know how to use it, the finish, colour and staying power mean your lips look really polished. The price is a drawback, but they make a nice treat for yourself and a lovely gift for someone else. Rouge Volupte is a lipstick of pure indulgent luxury.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

Among the things I like the least about this product is the price and the staying power.

The last one I can totally deal with though, as the fancy schmancy packaging makes re-applying a treat. Whipping one of these babies out on the way to whichever important place you might be going (because why waste expensive lipstick on a grocery run?) is bound to make even the smelliest public transport trip feel at least a smidge fancier.

I'm very into the texture. It's very smooth and creamy, which I'm not entirely used to yet (I'm a matte Mac lipstick sorta girl usually), but I've realised that the trick to an even application of this is swiping it on lightly and then patting it in with a finger tip (repeat as necessary until preferred coverage is achieved). This mode of application results in a very smooth and plump Scarlet Johansen with added Photoshop-type look.

I'll definitely re-purchase this, as long as I can get it tax free in an airport or with some sort of loyalty discount from my favourite beauty store. The retail price is a bit to steep for this to become a staple in my lippie collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Debbinha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every time I passed the YSL counter at work, I would gaze at their beautiful lipsticks! The packaging is just so beautiful to look at. After searching for the perfect nude, I decided to treat myself to one. I fell inlove with the beige nude! Though I wish I had tried it on my lips first to see the results! The colour is beautiful but the lipstick is a let down. It's goes on really slippery and watery. The texture is very thin and does not last at all. It shows all lines and doesn't apply evenly... I'm constantly applying! No doubt I will be finishing this off really quickly!!!! It's such as shame!!! Won't be purchasing this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

Mmmm, divine... Very expensive but hey we all need a little luxury lol. Not that it needs saying again, but the packaging is truly beautiful. I'll never tire of looking at this one and it feels great to apply!

As with all YSL products it's quite scented (fruity, melony) but it's not as obnoxious as the Rouge Pur Coutures which smell very strongly of rose. You don't really notice it when it's on your lips though and fades quickly.

It's well known that these aren't very long lasting because they're very slippery and slick, they will slide off when you eat and drink... but hey they're so lovely to apply I hardly mind (apart from the huge price tag!!) but just be aware of this if you're looking for a super long lasting product because this isn't it. The Glossy Stains may be more up your street if you're looking for this.

The colour on me is a pinky nude. I really love it. It maybe leans more pink on me than others as I have quite pigmented lips. It really is such a pretty shade that would probably suit most light-medium skin tones. I think it would probably be a little light for darker skintones.

Definitely worth a swatch at your local YSL counter, but beware... YSL products are addictive... ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I wanted to love this lippie. I wanted a nude pinky beige and this is exactly it. I got this in the Sephora year of the dragon set. I actually like this the least out of the trio. If your lips are dry, there is no way you can wear this. It made my lips look even worse and showed every single flake. I think this lippie is moisturizing at first but makes my lips really dry soon after. I like the formula of the sheer candy more. I like the packaging and smell of this lippie but really can't stand the dryness. The colour is opaque but again, only in the beginning. It fades pretty fast after. I bought an Anna Sui lipstick and it's a similar colour and it's sooo much more moisturizing! I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by carmelbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not long lasting. Slippery to the lips. Packaging is the only thing that matches the price tag ($34). The color is decent but for warm skin. It washed me out a bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like I'm sure most other people, I purchased this lipstick first and foremost for its divine packaging. This is probably the most beautiful bullet on the market, and as my first lipstick every purchased, it had to be this one. I really like this color as it subdues my naturally deeply colored lips. The cons are it doesn't stay on my lips long, only a couple hours or so, and if you drink or eat it will come off immediately. Another con is I feel it accentuates the dryness on my lips and lip lines, so my lips need to be exfoliated or they appear to look cracked and almost scaly. That being said I will probably not repurchase, but will continue to try other shades (as it could just be the formulation of this particular shade) and other lip sticks in the YSL range.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got a sample with 4 colours of this lipstick. It's now 2014 and lipstick was launched way back in 2010 if I'm not mistaken!

Texture is creamy, it glides on like a dream. It doesn't dry out the lips but it's also not long lasting 2-3 hours and you will have to reapply. I also don't like how it looks straight out of the bullet- sitting on the lips, using brush or a finger gives much better result.
I find this particular colour has very strong white pigments in it which makes it almost completely opaque in one swipe. It's perfect peachy-nude for my light skin tone.
The packaging of course is beautiful and a pleasure to look at.

I had to go to seven different shops to find it in this colour but I really liked this colour and its a nice addition as I never used opaque light lippies before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Not what I expected at all. It looks very pink and almost old lady in the tube and it's not. It's a lot more pale and not so pink. This is gorgeous. It IS a pinky nude but like I said, a lot more beige than it appears. Light and hydrating texture. Smells yummy. VERY expensive, but very luxe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I have to say that this is the most expensive lipstick that I own.I am embarrassed to say how much this lipstick costs to strangers. But this is my second YSL RV lipstick...my first was Peach Passion #13. I kept telling myself that I would return it. But it is just so DAMN FABULOUS! Hence, the second purchase and KEEPING IT.

I read that this color looks like MAC's Creme Cup. But the MAC packaging looks laughable when placed next to this tube. And the creamy formula of YSL with perfume smell is just out-of-this-world. This lipstick color is perfect for my NW15 skintone. My lips but better and gives the men whiplash. The color is not as sophisticated and classy as YSL RV#13. But it looks luxurious and just SEXY on the lips.

Only CON, these don't last long without re-applying. 1-2 hrs. But that is just fine for a night out.

Overall, I highly recommend this lipstick line. Love this color! I don't plan to repurchase, as I have owned my other tube for 1 year nearly. Still have enough left to last 1-2 yrs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No