October 2, 2014 | 1156 users online

Gels/Soaps - Everyday Minerals - Rosemary, Basil, Lemongrass Cleansing Bar

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love the smell of basil. I used it as a hand soap because my skin is very temperamental, and it was great. It did not overdry my hands and was a good cleanser. I used it on my face one time out of desperation and although I was afraid of breaking out, I did not!
However I am kind of ADD when it comes to scents, so I would not repurchase for that reason. I cut it in half so that I could finish one half, use another soap for a while, and then come back to a fresh half of this soap. In theory, yes I would buy again because it is a quality soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by vyxxyn

For a soap without parabens nor sulphates, the lather is pretty amazing. Although the pungent smell of rosemary and lemongrass takes a while getting used to, the scent doesn't remain on skin after a shower, but the aroma will linger in the bathroom for some time. My face has a naturally dry sensitive skin, and after cleansing with this bar, it felt tight but clean. I guess it's more suited for oily or combination skin. Contrary to what has been claimed about its makeup removal properties on the website, I found that it couldn't even remove my non-mineral dark eye makeup especially the washable mascara :( so one lippie off.