August 29, 2014 | 1012 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Revlon - Heated Eyelash Curler

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by modelin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You'll regret buying this as soon as you rip open the packaging. The heat is not nearly hot enough and the shape of it makes it hard to reach all parts of your lashes. It is the most useless product I've ever seen, which makes sense why it's so cheap. Save your 5 dollars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this at my local walgreens for 3.49. I thought i would try it since I love curling my eyelashes. I dont think it works very well it gives my eyelashes a fan effect more than a curl.What i do is i curl my eyelashes with a regular curler then i apply my mascara and then i use this heated eyelash curler to fan out my lashes, then I use my regular eye lash curler to give it them the curl effect. I like the packaging it is the size of a pen with a metal casting and it has the heat sensor so you know when it gets hot. On the wand it has a blunt comb like to seperate the lashes.It doesnt get too hot. Since it is a heated eyelash curler it makes your mascara think out the clumps which to me is good. I give it 3 lippies.I dont think i will repurchase this item again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DCMALJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eh. It works, I guess, and for the price I can't complain much. It just doesn't get hot enough to work well, though. It takes me a long time to get just a little bit of a curl. I just replaced mine with a Panasonic and the difference is huge...I wouldn't bother with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is on clearance right now at Walgreen's for $4.99. I also had a manufacturers $1.00 coupon and Walgreen's has a store coupon in the December booklet for another $1.00 off, so with the coupons you can get it for $2.99.
I don't know if it's my curler, or eye shape- but I seem to have a problem curling the outer portion of my left eye- it always comes out looking crimped when I use a regular curler, and I just don't have the time to get my blow dryer out to heat up my regular curler I keep my blowdryer in the bathroom and I do my makeup in my bedroom at my vanity table. I do like the result when you heat up your curler.
Well, what I do is use my regular curler first, then go back over with this so get some lift in the corners- inner and outer lashes and it makes a noticable difference in how wide eyed I look. Try this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by sulci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this.
I don't notice a definite curl, but maybe it opens up my eyes a little??
I feel a lot more comfortable using this than a traditional eyelash curler tho.
I got it for a good price, so I don't regret buying it, I'm just not sure how much of a difference it really makes... hmm...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this. I don't want my lashes to be "crimped", but want to open up my eye from the root of my lashes. This accomplishes that much more effectively and gently than a conventional curler.

I think this is decently priced (look for Bogo even) and would purchase again if necessary.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lissangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product a fair shot. I put down my 'traditional' crimping curler in leiu of something a bit fancier (and less pinchy!). It says to use after applying mascara, which I didn't understand, so I tried it both ways.

I did NOT notice a curl in my lashes what-so-ever. That's the long and short of it.

The best way I've found for curling my lashes is putting my hair dryer on its lowest setting and warming up my metal lash curler just a tiny tiny bit and then using it to curl lashes and then applying my mascara immediately afterwards. It works for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must-have item! This works better and lasts longer on me than using the traditional crimping eyelash curlers. It heats up in 30 seconds ( requires a AAA battery) and then you just brush your lashes upward with the heated wand. Four or Five strokes with this and my lashes are finally curled upward. Does not last all day on me but I do have fine lashes that hang downward to begin with. This works great and is easy to use- no more pinching my eye area with the crimper types!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lovelixir

I got this curler because using only my regular curler & mascara wasn't cutting it for me. I heard heat "sets" the curls and since this is quite affordable, I gave it a try. I know that many people heat their eyelash curler with a blowdryer, but for my lashes the effect from doing that is definitely not comparable to using a real heated curler. What I do is first curl my lashes using Shiseido, apply waterproof mascara (helps hold the curl though not for long), and after the mascara is dry, I go over the curls with Revlon's heated curler. The result? My curls last A LOT longer than if I were to use only regular curler + mascara. (I have single eyelids with lashes that naturally stick-straight lashes, btw, which is why the curls won't last long without the help of heat.) Of course at the end of the day the curls are not as nice as they were in the morning due to blinking, rubbing, etc., but they are definitely still curled and not just pointing straight across. If I want curls that seriously last all day I'll have to resort to false lashes, but this heated eyelash curler is definitely more than good enough for everyday use. The heat is also surprisingly gentle and I don't have to worry about burning my skin. I'm glad I gave it a try!

EDIT: I dropped a lippie because I noticed this curler uses up the battery SO fast, and it only works very well for the first few uses after replacing with a fresh battery. I'd rather just get a really good mascara that will actually hold my curls, so I stopped using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought in using heat the results with this tool would be astounding. They weren't, really. After waiting the requisite 20 seconds for it to heat up, I applied pressure to the base of my already slightly curled lashes, and dragged it slowly up afterward. It did give me a nice slight curl, and helped when used after my metal lash curler.
The incredible thing is, after using this product over the course of a few days I notice my lashes have grown a bit. Seriously, they are that much longer. I don't know if the heat like, stimulates lash growth or whatever, but there is a definite difference.
Anyway, the heat is really pleasant, and it doesn't come with a battery, so if you buy it, make sure you have some batteries at home.

Edit: Either this thing uses a LOT of battery power or it's just really crappy and broke after only a few uses.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No