Retin A

4.1

Retin A Cream Each g of cream contains: tretinoin 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05% or 0.1% in a bland, hydrophilic base. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl (40) stearate, purified water, sorbic acid, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol and xanthan gum. Retin A Gel Each g of gel contains: tretinoin 0.01% or 0.025%. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, ethanol undenatured and hydroxypropyl cellulose. Retin-A Liquid (0.05% Tretinoin w/w) polyethylene glycol 400, butylated hydroxytoluene and alcohol (denatured with tert-butyl alcohol and brucine sulfate) 55%

on 5/29/2015 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

definite skin saver.
I read that it changes the cell structure.. a REAL change to your skin..not just topical temporary stuff.

i get it cheap. Johnson and Johnson india brand...

on 5/28/2015 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best money i've ever spent on my skin.. i have alot of acne scars...i don't usually pop them but they still leave those horrid brown scars...tried everything in the market till i tried this...i cant get this without a prescription in my country..so i buy this at ioffer.com from a thai seller...around 2 for $50...so its abt $25 pr tube for the 0.1%...but u must be patient though..skin gets worse before getting better...almost give up when i was looking like a peeling lizard...glad i continued..if u have scarring problems or wrinkles do give this a try..u wun be disappointed...Would use this forever :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have used adalpalene for two years and it was life changing in curing my acne completely when BHA, BP and BHA wasn't enough.
I recently have used CORDES-VAS, a paraben free and emollient retin-A brand that my mum gets off her boss. You can also bulk order cheap online.
HOLY MOLY the peeling is like nothing I've ever experienced as a very oily skinned girl. I am 25 and want to start on the anti-aging protocol early.
I do like Retin A a lot and will continue to use it. Right now I use it 2-3 times a week and will work my way up over time as my skin adapts. Moisturiser is necessary as is manual exfoliation, I use a clarisonic and Clean & Clear oil free 2% BHA moisturiser during the day. Avene repair cream, Aquaphor or Rosehip oil work great to soothe and moisturise at night.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have been using Retin-A since my early 20's when I began to suffer from cystic acne, and I have never really stopped using it - over 25 years. YOU MUST WEAR SUNBLOCK if you use this. I always put on sunblock, always. I wish I had been this vigilant when I was in my twenties - would have saved me some money on laser treatments.
If you are a young woman just starting to use Retin-A (or Tazorac) - and cursing your acne - trust me, you will be laughing later when you look ten years younger than your friends. Wear red lipstick, take it easy on the make-up, and be your own beautiful self.
If you are an older woman who was just prescribed this: 1) don't put it on a wet face 2) apply a moisturizer over the Retin-A - and you will want to stock up on sensitive skin moisturizers (Cerave, Eucerin) - and take it easy on your foundation if you start to peel a little. Too much make-up will just look worse. Clinique makes a good loose powder with a yellow tone that will be a big help.

on 5/9/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Forget all other skincare products and claims. This is the HG of age fighters -- and this is backed up by hundreds of scientific studies.

I've been using Retin-A (tretinoin) cream off and on for about 10 years or so. It's always made me break out so bad I've had to stop (I've never stuck with it long enough to get past the much-dreaded "purge"). What's making it work this time is I mix my .025% cream with topical clindamycin (my dermo also recommended mixing in a bit of Cortizone 10, but I skip this step; you may try adding Corizone 10 if you have significant redness). Just a pea-size dab of the tretinoin is all you need. I cleanse with mild Purpose -- it's very important to ensure you wash off all traces of your makeup every single night. Every other night, I swirl tretinoin with the clin in the palm of my hand, and the clin staves off any purge that's associated with the tretinoin. I put it on my dry, clean face, and then about two hours later, I put on my moisturizer (Whole Foods 365 brand, which is non-comedogenic). I deep-clean and exfoliate with once-a-week home facials: PMD microdermabrasion, steam, mud, extractions, high-frequency wand, moisturizer. Drinking about two liters of water a day helps skin glow with hydration. This routine helps keep my acne and melasma at bay. My skin is super clear and smooth. I was once a dedicated sun worshipper (I stopped all tanning eight years ago, when I turned 30), so tretinoin is an absolute MUST to repair all the damage. Tretinoin is the only product that can repair the damage with quantifiable results; read the science! It's all over Google. (Glycolic acid also helps repair sun damage but not to the extent tretinoin does.)

Good luck. Don't go too fast with this stuff. It can burn. Patience is key! For the love of God, stay out of the sun and always wear SPF 30+.

on 5/7/2015 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It broke me out badly, after a month not using this, i still got a new acnes bcos of this
At first i want to use this for anti aging, but well...didnt went well, i got acne after acne, really a regret for using this cream

on 5/5/2015 4:50:00 PM

5 stars because it works, only when I workout my face burns from sweating (real bad) . My face turns red, the whole day, & itchy. Planning to have a wet towel next time, and pat before it boils my skin

on 4/17/2015 1:51:00 AM

Im a religius retinol user, since 5 years ago (im 32 now) once i hit 30 i started to use Retin A and no more on the counter expensive retinol creams. it helped me with my acne scars from my youth and cleaned up my pores. i only used it one week straight at night then off for two weeks and then a week again. just make sure to use a very good spf in the morning and since it can be very drying i like to use it a pea size amount after my hydrating toner/lotion (i use hada laba hyaluronic lotion) let it sit for 30mnt and moisturise with Sunday Riley face oil.

on 4/14/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got a prescription for this and am using a pea size amount all over the face at night. Can take a few months to see results so I will update you. Must wear SPF!
So far it's too irritating for me to use daily.

on 4/5/2015 12:17:00 AM

Best treatment I have tried so far for acne but also the most potent and therefore should be used correctly and carefully.

First, it will most likely dry out your skin a bit in the beginning, you will probably get some flakiness and peeling. Give it some time and peeling will eventually stop, it's part of the exfoliating process. I would highly recommend starting with lower concentration initially. And start slow, once every few days or so and slowly build up. Also remember to balance out the dryness with good oil-free mositurizer.

Second, use it only at night and follow the instructions. DO NOT put it on right after the shower, the mositure on your skin will worsen the peeling. Wait for 15 minutes, then apply the cream. DO NOT use it as a spot treatment, instead take a pea sized amount and then gently spread out on your skin. Using it as a spot treatment will also worsen the peeling. The cream is also great for fading acne scars and preventing wrinkle, so it will exfoliat your skin all around. At last wait for an hour for the cream to sink in then apply oil free moisturizer. Another option is to do all your routine first and wait for some time, then put this on right before going to bed.

Third, which is probably the most important. USE SUNSCREEN in the morning. Its not an option, its a most!!!

With some patience, this cream can give you good results. It seriously even out my skin and greatly shorten the life span of my acne. Great product that every woman should try.

Popular Treatments (Face)