October 25, 2014 | 1834 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Thicken Up Strengthening Nail Thickner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does seem to help with strengthening.

CONS: The first coat looked like kind of bad (like almost glossy, but not really - hard to describe.) I tried to follow the instructions, but when I added a second coat (like it said to), it was a very bubbly, raggedy mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

Ok, I was disappointed at first because it chipped off the tips very easily and although it was glossy when applied, it quickly dried to a dull shade with visable air bubbles. However, my nails are definately stronger and I have only used it for 3 days, the strength remains once the product is removed. Just wish it looked better when on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by vanillasweet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really did thicken up my nails! I was going after the look of the thickness of the gels/acrylic nails, and this came the closest! I tried Instant Artificials (from Sally's Beauty Supply) before this, and they were awful (peeled off, no thickness at all). My nails are strong now, when before they would chip so easily. Will get again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by darlingnikki15

I got this because I have peeling finger nails and they bend. I used it for about two weeks and it really helped with the bending especially on my thumbs. The reason I give it a 3 is because it made my other fingers peel worse than before. If peeling isnt a problem for you I would give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this clear polish as a shiny top coat for my glitter manicures.
Several of my glitter polishes dry matte because of their gritty surface texture & they do not shine up even with a couple of coats of regular shiny top coat. I wasn't using Thicken Up for growing long nails anymore, so it's been sitting in my drawer & I wondered if it would make a difference. I added it on top of my glitter polish & it stayed shiny after it dried! Now my glitter polish pops. :) Very happy.
Found a great purpose for this nail thickener that I wasn't using anymore. A happy ending! I would buy this again (if it's still on the market).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kayoi

I've only been using this product a few days, but I'm impressed already. I put two coats on when I bought it (3 days ago) and then added another coat today as the package suggested. My nails are so long now and so beautiful it looks like i have fake tips on. They don't even bend! I Definitely worth my 6 bucks.