December 19, 2014 | 798 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - Expert Anti-Redness Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by nalvenashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't do anything for my skin, and for the price that's really disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't irritate my skin, but also did not help with my redness/irritation. Most of all, it clogged me up like something serious.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! After several attempts to calm my sensitive,red skin i have finally found my miracle product. After my first application my skin tone had improved so much that could go out without makeup on and still be confident. I wouldn't really call it a serum though,it's more like a lotion to me but that's not really a bad thing. And for 2.49,you cannot go wrong! I tried lemon juice on my skin the other day to try and tighten my pores,which has made my face really red. Luckily i have my serum and it has helped dramatically. I love love love this serum/lotion!! I cannot praise it enough!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

This product has gone through a reformulation so you no longer get a pump bottle which is a shame. Putting that aside this product would be fine but for some reason it makes my skin just produce oil like crazy. I'm pretty sure i'm not over using it, maybe its a side effect of the skin healing process. I'm not really sure this helps with my particular redness (capillaries) - I feel this is more suited for people with irritated inflamed skin to help soothe the skin. I do really like the texture but since its supposed to be a serum and not a moisturiser, oily people should probably avoid this product as I think it has oil based properties.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

$7.99 @ Target.
After doing two chemical peels, I wanted to soothe some redness around my chin and nostrils. Nice texture and feel upon application. Non greasy. 2 days later, I developed some clogged pore on my cheeks. My period is coming in about a week so I'm wondering if that may be the cause of the clogged pores. I will resume use a week after my period ends and see if it's this serum that's the culprit.
9/17/11- I decided to give this another chance. It's been about 2 weeks and for some odd reason, my jawline has tons of clogged pores all of the sudden. I don't know what happened. They just appeared one night. So, I guess it will go into the trash for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Seelia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Huh, I am a little surprised by the negative reviews here. But at the same time I think maybe there needs to be some clarification. I have the type of rosacea that is mild to medium but I have DRY skin. It don't get the pimples and pustules. As a result, I think this product works perfectly for me. My skin felt immediately better, softer and less red after having only had it on an hour. So, maybe it's not meant for all types of skin? I know that for me it's been very helpful. I'm glad I found it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Jesslove24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agree with many girls on here, I have mildly sensitive skin and I bought this problem for my rosy cheeks. Well, today I woke up with my face RED, my cheeks are literally on fire and I have tiny bumps all over my face, if this is an allergic reaction why is it happening to so many of us? Horrible product, if it's supposed to be for sensitive skin, why is it reacting so harshly. I am terrified and don't know how long this will last.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did not do what it claimed "reduce redness." I used it for a month and not only did the redness stay, but the product clogged my pores and resulted in pimples. Skin feels smooth for a little while after application, then just feels greasy. And that's saying a lot because I only used it on my cheeks and they are the driest areas of my face. Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

This product was okay. This didnt seem to do anything for the redness, but was a nice serum that had a milky silky texture. This product was around $8. There wasnt anything that i disliked about this product, but there wasnt anything that i loved about it either. So i could buy, not buy it...it doesnt matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by loveblendnbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

okay .. so i read a review that said it pretty much broke her out. i think you might be having an allergic reaction instead of zits. if any product causes more redness (especially an anti-redness serum) or little red bumps on your skin, i am 98% sure that it's an allergic reaction. This happens to girls who have sensitive skin and use face products that are basically (and obviously) not fit for you. You can't tell people (or even beg them) not to buy this product just because it messed you up. everybody's skin is different and everybody will have different results. that's just the reality of skincare -- it doesn't work for everyone. you really do have to find products that work for your skin type. the product packaging says that if you break out to NOT use it. i think plenty of products out there state that on the packaging somewhere -- that if you get any kind of allergic reaction you're supposed to stop using it.

and for those of you that said it was greasy .. i agree with another review that noted that you're probably using too much. i only use this product on my cheeks and nose and a little on my forehead (if i break out) and that's pretty much my T-Zone area that's the oilest part of my face .. it didn't make me greasy AT ALL .. i use maybe half a pump (literally a pea size amount) and it is more than enough .. i also only use it in places that need it, not as an all over face-thing .. like a pimple cream, a little goes a long way. just because you're using more product doesn't mean it'll work better -- nothing is good in excess! ;) lol

with that being said .. this worked for both me AND my best friend -- and we both have sensitive ass skin. we both break out at that time of the month and if we use products that are too harsh or too rich or have too many chemicals, it'll be like hell broke loose on our faces the next morning. SO .. we found a product walking thru Target that said "Anti-Redness" .. $12 .. okayyy .. doesn't seem so bad .. let's try it .. other than breaking out during that time of the month, i've always had rosey cheeks as a kid, as a teen and now as a young adult -- never thought anything of it because they were like, a pretty flush rosey, not a rosacea kinda rosey. honestly, my skin sensitivity got worse as i started playing with foundations and powders and learned more and more about make-up. my best friend on the other hand, just has acne prone skin.

i've been using it for about 3 weeks now and i have to say, i've noticed a difference -- HOWEVER. it could also be the result of a mix of products that i've been using. Apparently I had an allergic reaction to Revlon's ColorStay Foundation after awhile (boo on that because i love the product, just can't use it everyday). So i stopped using it for the past 3 weeks .. let my skin settle .. and stuck to other ways for face make-up. I went back to my BeneFit foundation and concealer and used my MAC's Mineralize SkinFinish Natural again .. and voila ... not only did i avoid another allergic reaction from my old foundation, but i also got rid of the redness from it with this product ..

so am i happy? yes i'm happy.

as for my best friend?! well let's just say that time of the month is much more facially pleasant for her :)

sorry to those of you who hate this product -- but it definitely did wonders for me. for $12 a bottle, WHY NOT. looks like it'd last me quite awhile too!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No