Kiss Me heroine make smooth liquid eyeliner BK 01

4.5

on 3/17/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this for about $16 CAD online and this is probably my favourite liquid eyeliner! I've used this liner for so long and it's only just run out. I've used the Stila, MAC, Kat Von D, MUFE, Physicians Formula and Dolly Wink liquid liners, but this is the one I have been reaching for daily. I like the sharp brush applicator, how pigmented it is, I get the best control out of this one and I love the packaging of course! I haven't had any issues with application or it bleeding (only slightly). It's definitely not waterproof, but it is water resistant.

Some of the eyeliners I've mentioned are very similar to this, but the reasons why I prefer this eyeliner pen over the Stila, Kat Von D, Physcians Formula and Dolly Wink pens...

Stila ($26 CAD):
- Most expensive one out of all the pen liners
- Don't like the felt tip
- Overtime the applicator became too flimsy
- Initially was very pigmented and then became too watery
- Bled too much
- Was not waterproof to me (even though it claims to be)

Kat Von D ($23 CAD):
- Probably my 2nd favourite
- Also has brush applicator
- Very pigmented
- Waterproof
- Minimal to no bleeding
- Dried out too quickly for me

Physicians Formula (around $14.99 CAD):
- Cheapest one of all of them
- Brush applicator and 2-In-1 (has lash boosting serum in it)
- Water resistant
- Minimal bleeding
- Paraben-free
- Not pigmented enough (over time became less and less pigmented, probably because of the serum in it)

Dolly Wink (around $16.99 CAD):
- Tied with the Kat Von D eyeliner (also highly pigmented)
- Super cute packaging
- Brush applicator and has better control than Kat Von D eyeliner
- No bleeding
- Seems waterproof (I don't remember if it claimed to be)
- Like Kat Von D, ran out/dried out too quickly for me

The only negatives I can think of is: throughout the day, I noticed it faded a tiny bit in the inner corners of my eyes (my eyes do get a bit watery), the brush applicator might not be ideal for beginners and I don't think you can buy this in store. It's on the softer/flexible side, so if you have difficulty creating a cat eye/winged liner, this might not be for you.

If you can't find this in store and you don't want to order online, I would go with the Kat Von D Tattoo liner, since it's the most similar to this.

Tip: To prevent your liquid liner pens from drying out too quickly, store it standing up, with the brush/felt tip facing downwards

on 8/27/2014 10:17:00 AM

This is a nice liquid eyeliner with sleek packaging and very thin tip. The price is fair as well. It is easy to use and last ok through the day. I did notice it transferring to my lower lids. More importantly, this is not waterproof!! I am going back to my favorite Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.

on 8/8/2014 8:56:00 AM

The pigmentation is amazing, full rich black, no grey peeking through at all. It's easy to do winged eyeliner with a sharp point and I haven't had a problem with the brush fraying or shedding. It does leave imprints for me because when I smile, the liner touches the skin at the outer corner of my under eye area. So I do have to take note and wipe off when that happens, but at the end of the day, it still looks extremely black and the line if still as sharp as when it was freshly applied. I really like it over the K Palette and Dolly Wink liquid liners (they aren't as pigmented and wipe off too easily and fade after a whole day of blinking) so I would definitely repurchase the Heroine Make liner!

on 7/10/2014 10:24:00 AM

Best liquid eyeliner ever. My only gripe is that I wish the applicator tip was a little stiffer. But other than that, it's fabulous.

The brush applicator allows for razor sharp lines. It's pretty easy to use, but would be easier if the tip was a little more stiff (like the Clio pen liner or Bobbi Brown ink liner). The color is one of the most pigmented I've ever tried, on par with the Clio. Only one pass is needed to draw an opaque black line.

I don't know of any other eyeliner that can match this one in lasting power. I have oily lids and when I use this with the NARS eye primer, this eyeliner stays on for 12+ hours before I see any kind of smudging / flaking under my eyes. It comes off easily with a biphasic eye makeup remover.

I wish I didn't have to order it from Asia (they take so long to get here), but I'll keep buying it because it is just so good.

on 5/30/2014 2:46:00 PM

Love this eyeliner. Started stocking up already and bought 3 more. Super easy to use. I never had a problem with winging my eyeliner but this eyeliner allows me to do it in half the time. Super pigmented and doesn't budge all day yet easy to remove when you want to. Have been using it for about 3 weeks and it isn't dry. Seems like it will last a while. My only concern is that the ink started bleeding, which can get messy. It can get all over my fingers if I'm not careful, but it's not a problem at all if I keep my fingers away from the tip of the pen.

on 12/31/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS MY HG. It doesn't budge in humid Singapore, the brush is fine enough for very very thin lines, and it is sooooo black. I can't express how much I love this. I probably used like some 6 or 7 already and i don't think i will be switching anytime soon.

on 8/6/2013 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeliner destroys, and by destroy I mean that its so good, it has destroyed my opinion of all the other eyeliners that I have used.

For starters, it's the only eyeliner for me that hasn't transferred, faded, or budged AT ALL - take note that I live in Hong Kong, and it is extremely humid in summers! If it has passed the test of me sweating profusely on the street on a humid, sunny day, then it has an A* in my book.

It also has a very thin, precise brush applicator which is a dream to work with. It allows me to draw perfect lines every time. The only drawback of this is that because the brush tip is so fine, it's not very good for filling in the water line - so you're better off using a gel liner for that.

It comes in two colours, and I got the black one. It is very pigmented, smooth and rich.

I would definitely repurchase this over and over again, HG product! Thank you Heroine for making such wonderful products.

on 6/20/2013 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Love, love, LOVE the brush on this eyeliner. Granted, application is a little difficult for beginners (that would be me), but after a couple goes, the line was dark black on the first stroke, smooth, precise, and smear-resistant. That last one completely converted me. Eyeliners I used previously were all horrible with smear resistance. Either the leads were hard and I can't apply them without scratching my eyes out, or they were smooth, applying beautifully, but only stays perfect for a grand total of three blinks. So I love that I don't look like I'm crying black tears with this eyeliner.

One thing you have to be really careful about is closing the lid on the brush. I almost did a couple times and nearly murdered myself.

As for the price, I can't really say much since I got it as a gift, but from what I searched up online, this product appears to be reasonably priced!

on 3/31/2013 2:36:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeliner because it is not over $20, yet has the power and quality that exceeds most other expensive brands. I bought this while I was in Japan and the best thing about this liner is that it doesn't smudge or smear at all, but it comes off soooo easily with warm water!!!! Amazing stuff. The tip is a brush instead of felt, but it is so thin and finely made, that it doesn't bother me at all when I draw a thin line. I've been using the same eyeliner for about 6 months and I can tell it is slowly losing it's quality and running out of product. Also, it doesn't stay on as long as it used to. I went out dancing last week and by 4am, my eyes were black from smearing :( But I still think this eyeliner is the best quality eyeliner out there, especially for Asians with single eyelids like me. Also, I have sensitive skin, so I can't use a lot of brands- they make my eyelids puffy, but I haven't had any reactions from this!!

on 3/30/2013 4:51:00 AM

I was looking for a good eyeliner pen and apparently, this brand released a limited edition brown coloured one. I didn't manage to find the brown one anywhere in Singapore, so when the SO had a business trip, he was tasked to see if he could come back with one for me.

Alas, he too failed but he purchased the one in black for me.

This eyeliner is ultra black from stroke one (I find that w/ my Kanebo KATE super sharp eyeliner, I have to layer it on to get 'true black'. But not with Heroine Make Smooth).

When I remove the eyeliner, it usually dissolves into flakes, so you still have to make sure you get all the pieces.