December 19, 2014 | 1531 users online

Cleansers - Boots - expert sensitive gentle cleansing wash

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This facial cleanser has a dispenser top. When pressed, cleansing foam is released, to be applied to damp skin. I found it too drying for my dry and sensitive skin. I use a separate makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

First off If you're looking for this cleanser to remove your make-up it won't. I use this in the morning on my face for gentle cleansing, my S.O. loves to use this also and he doesn't wear makeup.
Now, on to the review. I have used and liked lotion based cleansers, by Cerave and Neutrogena I found that even though I have dry skin I just wasn't crazy about the lotion feel after time.
When I bought the Boots foam cleanser at Target, I was happy to find that the foam has body and really makes my skin feel clean without dryness. I'm at the end of the bottle and have had no reactions either.
The omission of fragrance and dyes makes this one to try for all skin types...just not to remove make-up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good. Am surprised to see several negative reviews below. However, I would never try to use this to remove makeup/sunscreen. I was solely looking for a cleanser to use post oil cleanse or when bare faced. I wanted something gentle and fragrance free. I will update if I experience any future issues.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skintype: combo, sensitive, acne-prone, PD-prone.

I had a similar experience with this cleanser as the reviewer below... For the first week or two my skin was doing fine, but out of nowhere it started to irritate and caused a bit of perioral dermatitis to flare up on my chin. So I immediately stopped using it and my skin improved. Back to my HG, Sage Facial Shampoo Regular...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LorenaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This was one of my many failed attempts during my search for a HG cleanser. Something in this irritated my skin... after a few washes, I could not use it. Interestingly, the irritation was not apparent at first. However, after a few washes, it was undeniable. The lotion version of this cleanser was even worse. For reference, I have oily/dehydrated/sensitive skin with rosacea and sd. Fun stuff...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been through no less than a dozen bottles of this in the twoish years I've been using it. It is the perfect mild cleanser and efficiently cleans my ss and mmu as well my morning skin (actives removal). It's far less drying than any other foaming cleanser I have used and does not break me out (ymmv). Any time I have ventured into uncharted cleanser territory I ultimately run screaming back to this one. I buy at Target in a pinch but normally get it in bulk when Drugstore.com has a coupon. Definitely give it a try if you have oily or combo skin. It's so cheap you can just clean your brushes with it if it doesn't work out on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first and only Boots product which my neighbor gave me as a gift. The consistency is a light mousse-like foam which can be used sparingly as a little goes a long way. Leaves my skin dewy soft and doesn't cause break-outs nor irritation. Sensitive skins would benefit from this mostly glycerin and water based cleanser; there is no "masking" scent nor any other product that might cause adverse reactions for those with rosacea or some other skin discomfort. Love the way this makes my skin look and feel and rinses off beautifully with no drying after effects. I would highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed with this cleanser. First off, it fails at removing makeup, which I was expecting and while I always look for cleansers that are good at removing makeup, that doesn't immediately make it a worthless cleanser. But it's also bad at removing the residue makeup removing products leave, which is a problem. But the biggest issue I had with this was how DRYING it was. It's supposed to be super gentle and great for sensitive skin but not at all. Probably because salt is the 3rd ingredient, and salt is obviously really drying. My skin is normal/dry, and rarely does a cleanser dry it out so much after one use. Usually only acne cleansers do that, but this made my face feel like I spent a day at the ocean, which really isn't surprising given the amount of salt! I much prefer Cetaphil daily facial cleanser (not the gentle one, that stuff is useless), which is supposed to be for combination-oily skin but it's fantastic for my skin, it cleans well but doesn't dry it out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by JennInGa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Happened to pick this up at Target after getting tired of paying for Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk. I break out from Cetaphil so am very skeptical about any sensitive skin claims but this has not caused any problems at all. But it is not as moisturizing as the Hauschka and I do miss the lovely scent of the Dr. H.. It's not great but it's inexpensive and does no harm so for now, I'll take it. Saving the price on the cleanser helps me afford my higher-end moisturizer.

Caveat: I should add that I use it with my MIA, otherwise, I don't know how good it would be for taking off makeup without some scrubbing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this after Boots discontinued another wash I was using. I've found it to be an effective yet gentle wash that works great in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia. The main draw for me here was that it's non-irritating, doesn't contain fragrance, and was exceptionally affordable. For heavier make-up/non-Mia days, I do use jojoba oil to loosen everything up for washing - that is something to keep in mind here.