April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Cleansers - Boots - expert sensitive gentle cleansing wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been through no less than a dozen bottles of this in the twoish years I've been using it. It is the perfect mild cleanser and efficiently cleans my ss and mmu as well my morning skin (actives removal). It's far less drying than any other foaming cleanser I have used and does not break me out (ymmv). Any time I have ventured into uncharted cleanser territory I ultimately run screaming back to this one. I buy at Target in a pinch but normally get it in bulk when Drugstore.com has a coupon. Definitely give it a try if you have oily or combo skin. It's so cheap you can just clean your brushes with it if it doesn't work out on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first and only Boots product which my neighbor gave me as a gift. The consistency is a light mousse-like foam which can be used sparingly as a little goes a long way. Leaves my skin dewy soft and doesn't cause break-outs nor irritation. Sensitive skins would benefit from this mostly glycerin and water based cleanser; there is no "masking" scent nor any other product that might cause adverse reactions for those with rosacea or some other skin discomfort. Love the way this makes my skin look and feel and rinses off beautifully with no drying after effects. I would highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed with this cleanser. First off, it fails at removing makeup, which I was expecting and while I always look for cleansers that are good at removing makeup, that doesn't immediately make it a worthless cleanser. But it's also bad at removing the residue makeup removing products leave, which is a problem. But the biggest issue I had with this was how DRYING it was. It's supposed to be super gentle and great for sensitive skin but not at all. Probably because salt is the 3rd ingredient, and salt is obviously really drying. My skin is normal/dry, and rarely does a cleanser dry it out so much after one use. Usually only acne cleansers do that, but this made my face feel like I spent a day at the ocean, which really isn't surprising given the amount of salt! I much prefer Cetaphil daily facial cleanser (not the gentle one, that stuff is useless), which is supposed to be for combination-oily skin but it's fantastic for my skin, it cleans well but doesn't dry it out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by JennInGa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Happened to pick this up at Target after getting tired of paying for Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk. I break out from Cetaphil so am very skeptical about any sensitive skin claims but this has not caused any problems at all. But it is not as moisturizing as the Hauschka and I do miss the lovely scent of the Dr. H.. It's not great but it's inexpensive and does no harm so for now, I'll take it. Saving the price on the cleanser helps me afford my higher-end moisturizer.

Caveat: I should add that I use it with my MIA, otherwise, I don't know how good it would be for taking off makeup without some scrubbing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this after Boots discontinued another wash I was using. I've found it to be an effective yet gentle wash that works great in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia. The main draw for me here was that it's non-irritating, doesn't contain fragrance, and was exceptionally affordable. For heavier make-up/non-Mia days, I do use jojoba oil to loosen everything up for washing - that is something to keep in mind here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't find it to be that gentle, nor worth the price tag (I got it on sale at Target, but still).

It seemed to be a pretty standard sort of face wash.

It was too harsh for my sensitive skin and worsened the mild perioral dermatitis that I had at the time.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I'm sooooo disappointed. Something in this broke me out, badly. I tried on two separate occasions. And the next day I woke up with a "friend" on my face. I'm not sure what ing did this to me, I'm ok with all of them. Maybe the sodium chloride??? Ugh idk. Just when my skin was blemish free ...
Boo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleansing wash. It is calming to my sensitive skin, and even on some days when I need to use more product due to a heavier makeup application, it is still an excellent cleanser. I also love that it's a foaming cleanser. I wish Boots products were more widely available in Canada. I bought mine at Target in the U.S. but unfortunately our Target stores don't sell the Boots brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I switched to this cleanser after my skin started freaking out. Big time. After years of using drying products on my oily, acne-prone skin in the hope of controlling it, my skin decided enough was enough, and I've had to deal with persistent redness and heightened sensitivity since. This very basic wash has proved to be a very safe and reliable go-to and probably will remain to be while I try other products.
There are very few ingredients present, all of which appear to be a safe bet. It's incredibly light to apply to the face and washes off so easily compared to other cleansers I've tried over the years. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, nor does it feel oilier than usual. I wouldn't say that it manages to calm my skin in any way, but the main thing is that it seems to keep it clean without worsening conditions.
It isn't, however, a strong enough cleanser to remove any makeup or sunscreen. I only wear a sunscreen during the day thankfully, but I do find I need a couple of goes with the cleanser or a washcloth before it's fully lifted. I can't help but wonder if this extra effort isn't doing much good for my already sensitive skin, so I would love to find something that little bit better at cleansing while remaining as gentle as this. For the meantime, this will more than do!

It's also worth mentioning how amazingly good value this cleanser is - it's pretty much always on sale for half price at 1.24GBP. You can't really argue with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will get to the point as this is a good basic cleanser and one of the few truly gentle non trying cleansing foams out there. It is available locally/easily and is dirt cheap. For those who aren't acne prone as all I imagine it is really perfect 10 out of 10. For my super clog/breakout prone skin it alone doesn't leave my skin feeling deep cleaned unfortunately. However combined with my Clarisonic I am left with smooth never dried out skin. It gives the Clarisonic the perfect cushion. I am glad to have found this as a cheaper dupe to my HG foam cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Foam Wash. Bottom line this is really a great gentle and non irritating cleanser in drugstore world of products full of nothing but sulfates, irritants, harsh lathering agents, and cloggers.