October 30, 2014 | 1547 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Borax laundry powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

Bought a huge box to make some home-made cold cream. Never got to using it for that so I decided to use it on my clothes. I never really knew how great it was til I used it to help clean my white nursing scrubs for clinicals.....it was amazing! It really helped keep my whites....well white! I highly recommend using it and it is very affordable. You get a ton for an affordable price and you don't have to use much. I just grab some out of the box and throw it in with detergent. I do this before I add clothes as I think it can crust up if it doesn't dissolve first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually make my own laundry detergent with this. I use a bar of Fels Naptha, 1 cup Borax, 1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (ACE Hardware carries this) and about 1/2 cup Baking Soda. Melt the soap with water after grating it (make sure all of the soap is melted) and then stir in other ingredients until dissolved. Add to a bucket and add about a gallon of water. Stir well. Mine starts to gel right away. You can adjust the amount of water you use to make it more liquidy. My recipe comes out as a pretty firm gel. I prefer it that way.

The way that I recommend using this is to fill your washer, add 1 to 2 cups (many say use just a half cup, but I don't think this is enough) let it agitate for a minute, THEN add your clothes. If you feel that this does not get them clean enough, add an additional 1/2" cup Washing Soda to the water (again, before putting in your clothes).

Because I do my laundry before it really piles up, I find this gets my clothes *really* clean with less damage to them, it's easy to rinse out, and its super gentle on my skin.

I've read complaints that this does not get clothes clean, but I have to believe that these people must wear the same clothes for days at a time (wear them and then hang them back in the closet. Wear them again and then hang them back in the closet. Wear them again and THEN wash them) or they wait weeks to do laundry. If that is you then this soap may not work for you. I work out almost daily and sweat a LOT. This laundry soap takes all of the odors out of my clothes that conventional detergents and odor removers have not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by mrclark2

I wash my face with Borax. It's the only thing I've ever found that clears my face, keeps it soft, and exfoliates all at the same time. I make a paste out of the detergent and water, rub on my face, let it sit for about 30 seconds, wash it off, and moisturize. It's so gentle, so useful, AND IT WORKS! If you have oily skin and acne, USE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

My BF (now DH) introduced me to this product while I was in college.

He was visiting me and snuck in his Black Lab into my room. My roommates were out of town.

I then took a trip to visit my BF back at his place. While there one of my roommates called and said there were gnats everywhere. Come to find out they were fleas!! Since the dog was in my room and all the roommates were gone, the fleas the dog left behind were ravenous and multiplied quickly. My roommates were not pleased. They spent all this money on flea killer stuff and none of it worked.

I was with my BF for a few days, so they of course were eagerly awaiting my return. BF bought some Borax took a broom and swept it into the carpet in my room taking care to get the corners and hard to reach places. He let it sit for 24 hours. Then we vacuumed up the dead flea carcasses.

This was the first time I ever even heard of Borax.

I now use it as a cleaner, and of course as a laundry booster.

A great all around product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm allergic to something is normal laundry detergent, it makes my skin burn when I wear the clothes. I use a scoop of this with 7th Generation fragrance free laundry detergent and I have super clean clothes with nonburning skin. For some reason which I have yet to figure out my husband can not wear deodorant and smell completely fresh - I can wear antiperspirant and I will smell - my husband never smells whatsoever. It's not fair! Adding the borax to my laundry load removes any smell of sweat or odor from my shirts, even Oxy Clean doesn't work this well for me and it also makes my skin burn. I'll never be without Borax. I just use it for laundry, so can't comment on other uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I use Borax with my laundry, and as a final rinse after conditioning my hair and it leaves it soooo soft, and feeling really clean. Also, Boric acid is not Borax. These are two very different products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't live without this product in my house.
It's excellently effective & natural for all sorts of cleaing, and I NEVER do laundry without it. Boosts the power of whatever detergent I use.
Costs pennies to use & I wouldn't be happy living without it.
This stuff is the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Borax too. I stopped using bleach and fabric softener and replaced them with Borax. I use a fragrance and dye free liquid detergent from Costco. I use about 1/2 cup Borax with each load. My clothes are clean and soft. I haven't tried Borax for anything else, but I'm going to do some research and see what other uses I can find for this natural wonder.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I've been using Mule Team for over 10 years. I always keep a box around. It has so many uses, here's a few ideas... http://www.essortment.com/home/usesforborax_swox.htm

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No