October 24, 2014 | 1390 users online

Cleansers - Chanel - Huile confort silky cleansing oil

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by thebonita

I wish I didn't drop a whopping $50 on this, what was I thinking? Actually, I do know what I was thinking. I was desperate for a cleansing oil and did not want to order online. First of all, this does not remove MU/grime that well, comparing to other cleansing oils. It leaves a weird residue behind. Its fragrance is bothersome. It irritated my very sensitive skin. Last but not least, the price tag is extortionate. I don't recommend this cleansing oil at all. There are so many excellent cleansing oils out there for a fraction of this price. Alternatively, you can make your own.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleansing oil leaves my skin moisturised and soft, but does not take off my eye make up (I have to use eye make up remover if I want to avoid panda eyes). it is very expensive and whilst at first I really liked it, after having "re-discovered" shu uemura cleansing oil I switched to back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am really surprised to see such good reviews on this one. I have used many Oil Cleansers and this is just so bad. I was glad that the Occidental countries have decided to introduce Oil Cleansers (but sadly most are high end like Lancome or YSL) and not as cheap as the Japanese (Fancl).

This one is the most expensive of them all and also the worse as well (on me anyway) , didn't properly cleanse, didn't emulsify either and I simply threw it away b/c I got tired of it and slap myself for not getting the one I like here in UK which is either Shu or YSL.

Other Oil Cleansers I have tried: Fancl (lushius and performs so well ( but hard to find in UK and delivery takes forever). Shu Uemura Brightening (lovely because has a 450ml I think so it lasts ans lasts as well as performs like no other. Lancome (this is the middle as is not as bad as Chanel but no as good as YSL). YSL my favourite to buy as it's easy to get hold of. performs and has a great package for an Oil Cleanser. DHC is just awful, performs well simply I hate Olive Oil on my face on a daily basis.

Honestly, if all you need is a cleanser that removes MU and SS I would recomend anything but this, they are ripping you off.
________________________________________

My skin; Very Resisnat, slightly dry in winter. I have all my skincare routine in my notepad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Monsoon_morning

Lovely stuff, cleanses and removes all make up brilliantly, smells light and delicious, easy to use...everything perfect except the price. However, if you're one of the lucky people where price is not an issue at all, you must have this.
As for me, I will be sticking to cheaper brands such as DHC'S Deep Cleansing Oil and MAC's Cleanse Off Oil, which do the job well too. They don't smell as nice as this one though, and don't feel as luxurious, but then that is Chanel. You get what you pay for, but boy do you have to pay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by lillamyspysen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yummie! The first oilcleanser Iīve used hat dosnīt make me break out. Iīve dry skin and if I donīt moisturise enough I get red cheeks. The weather here is kind of windy and cold during winter and that is not the best for your skin. Iīve tried a lot of cleansers during the years and this is one of the best. I also like dermalogiska essentual cleansing solution, but I feel more "clean" with this one. Super soft clean! It takes away all my makeup (primer, TM, concealer, waterproof mascara etc.) Highly recomend this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rsm1309

I cannot say enough good things about this cleansing oil, which is absolutely superb. It is brilliant if you have sensitive skin that feels stripped after using normal cleansers, as it is very gentle, and because it is oil based it is still very effective at removing dirt and makeup. It does not block pores or cause spots or sensitivity and is great even if you have quite oily skin to start with as it is very 'balancing' and actually seems to help limit oil production by not stripping the skin.

One important point to note. You must apply this to bone dry skin with dry hands - the quite thin formulation just runs straight off a wet surface - so you need dry skin to get it to emulsify make-up and dirt properly.

The bottle is huge and just goes on forever - I bought my first one in July and it didn't run out till just before Christmas. This makes what appears on the surface to be quite an expensive product actually relatively cost effective.

When I ran out and briefly switched to another brand I immediately got spots and redness. I have now gone back to my safe, calming Chanel cleansing oil and won't be changing again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a cleansing oil from Chanel new cleansing range. It is pleasant on the skin and very light oil in consistency (which is fine with me) but it absolutely can't efficiently remove heavier makeup. In fact, I don't think that it removes even a "normal", not heavily applied, foundation very well. It also can't remove eye makeup (mascara) although it is a cleanser for face & eyes. I even don't wear waterproof mascaras but have a stubborn Guerlain Le 2 mascara at a moment and this cleansing oil can't remove it at all.

Anyway, I would recommend it only for a lighter makeup or for a morning cleansing of a dry skin when you don't have makeup at all.

I am not an expert for ingredients, so can't explain is it really so high-quality regarding ingredients. All in all, I have expected more from this one so I would not repurchase.
Packaging is excellent though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

If I could forget the fact that MAC sells a similar product at the half price then I can I say that this is a must have.Removes any type of make up super easy and super well.Rinses off very easily without leaving oily residues,after I use this my skin is super clean,so clean that I can skip the cleansing process with a foaming cleanser,so soft and smooth without any irritation or any kind of problems.Excellent product I m not so sure though that is suitable for dry skins because leaves skin super clean and fresh without any moisturizing effect.I only wish the price was lower so my pocket would be equally happy with my skin