August 1, 2014 | 893 users online

Crème - Avon - Anew Age Transforming Compact Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Broomie4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally! I have never been able to wear cream to powder foundation because it always settled into my fine lines, marionette folds and especially my enlarged pores. This doesn't! I've worn it consistently for 3 weeks and its lovely. Remember, this is foundation AND serum so it goes on very moist. But it feels like silk and is buildable where needed. The sponge that comes with is high quality and I personally like the somewhat clunkier case so it's secure in my purse. My only problem is that it's hard to guage the correct color because it's swirled with white serum. Yeah, I get that it has serum, you don't have to give me a visual. Just mix it and show me the final color! I went with light beige and am glad I did. I'm usually fair but as perfect a match as this is, I'm sure the ivory would have been too light. I'll buy this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Daddysgirl1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Avon is turning out some really good products now...especially the Anew line. This makeup comes in a lovely packaging...it opens and there is a large mirror, an aerated sponge spot and the cream makeup. I have had this for awhile and the compact is still solid. The consistency of the cream formulation is buildable for light or heavier coverage. It felt great on my skin, however use plenty of moisturizer if you are older. It matched my skin very well and they have a great choice of colors. If you want to you can use it with your finger for blending without the moisture of a sponge. The sponge is a quality sponge....try it. It is a very nice investment to your beauty collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by BroncTeach

Being 50+ years old now, I have had to make some major changes in my foundation choices. I used to use Bare Minerals religiously but found it did not work any longer for my drier skin. I switched to the Cover Girl Olay regenerist line but when my daughter started selling Avon, I decided to give the Anew Age Transforming Compact Makeup a try. Am I ever glad I did. It is more moisturizing than the Cover Girl I was using, and the packaging is genius. The foundation is actually covered twice, thanks to a plastic snap lid on top of the foundation. I love it. The coverage is medium, which is about what I expect for this kind of makeup. I will still use a concealer where I need to, but for every day coverage, this makeup is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I've been trying different creme makeups and what I've figured out is that I definately need creme to powder. This is awesome in the following ways; It provides a nice dewy but not shiny finish and makes you look very heathly. Nude was a good shade for me as I am fairly light with yellow undertones. It has good coverage and it's not drying. I also like the SPF. Ok, your're probably thinking, "then why the low rating?" Allow me to explain; THIS NEVER DRIES!!! This is really frustrating to me because I put it on and at any moment, it's bound to come off, which I cannot take. And when it does, it looks terrible if you try to fix it. I have VERY dry skin, so this is really hard for me to understand. But I do know that I can't have a makeup that never dries. It's like it doesn't really bond or blend in with your skin. And so because of this problem, ik's plain useless to me. UPDATE: Figured out how to make this work; use a "dry" primer that doesn't have any slip to it. Still applies somewhat patchy but not bad if you're careful when applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually a pretty good creme compact foundation from Avon. The colors are slightly darker than the corresponding color in other formulas, IMO, so it may be difficult to find a true match right away. Also, while the coverage is very good, it's heavy -- you feel this stuff on your skin.

The package is practical and not unlike other compact foundations, with a compartment for the makeup and one for the sponge, but it's made of much heavier plastic, so it feels very clunky. Not something you can easily slip into a purse.

You'll definitely need a finishing powder, although I do not recommend the coordinating Anew powder at all. I used my Cover Girl Clean Makeup Powder, Fragrance Free.

I took off a point for color match issues and heavy feeling, as well as the clunky compact, but it's not bad if you want a full-coverage creme makeup.

I won't repurchase because it ultimately felt too heavy to wear regularly. It's a good option for days or evenings when you want a very finished, "made-up" look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent addition to Avon's new foundations - it's a cream that has medium coverage that's very buildable. It has a satin finish, glides on beautifully with sponge (included), fingers or brush and wears quite wonderfully, staying color true thru the day. Not greasy at all, and not drying at all.
The compact itself is neat - Gold and has a snap lid that covers the foundation and room for the sponge beside it. Nice large mirror.This makes it great to carry along for touch ups. It's a first rate design and quality - fantastic, Avon!
I have Amber, which is a neutral MAC 25. I hope they expand the color range on this a bit more as they have their other foundations - but they do still have a nice range of shades.
The cost is $15, but they are running a special coming up for brochure 21 buy one get one half price - so I will get the next lightest shade as well for the coming winter.
I will purchase again - amazing value and quality!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No