October 31, 2014 | 936 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro Porcelain Ceramic Curling Iron

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for $50 and it gets way too hot for my hair-even though I used at the lowest setting possible. I have colored and processed hair, and every time I used it, I could feel my head tingling for up to an hour! And believe me, I do not have a sensitive scalp. In the end, I ended up returning it because I didn't want to fry my hair or have any breakage. I really can't imagine putting that much heat on hair unless it is extremely healthy. I guess I will just stick with my $30 ION titanium curling iron from Sally's that doesn't get near as hot on the lowest setting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister bought this a few years ago but I never used it as I have naturally medium length - wavy/curly hair (unmanageable unless you use product!), and frankly didn't know how to use it! But recently I've been trying different hair styles and wanted to achieve that 'loose curl' sexy style. This is the best tool to do it -- 1inch barrel! I blow dry my hair straight or flat iron mid length-ends and use this after to make the curls to achieve the look. It heats up fast with 30 heat settings, I usually leave it at the highest setting between 26-30. I open the clamp, and start curling from the bottom up, hold for 10-15 seconds and let it go and the curl is beautiful! Spray some L'oreal Satin hairspray and CHI shine infusium and I am good to go!
The stand is convenient if you need to set it down. This curler is durable that it should last forever. Unfortunately I do not know how much I spent as it was years ago but you can get it for 75-80CAD now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my curling iron. I could probably have gone a bit bigger as far as the width of the iron is concerned as I have very long, thick hair but it does the job & it does it well. It heats up really fast & because the ceramic is so smooth, you dont have to worry about dragging which causes frizz. I like that this iron has an adjustable heat setting for different hair types too. I turn it down when Im doing the smaller front bits of hair & turn it up when im doing bulk in the back. Used together with a good curl enhancer, I cant say I have any problems with it at all. I also love that the cord has a swivel connector on the back & a little stand so it doesn't burn anything you might lay it on. I said I wouldn't purchase this product again because I wouldnt need to but I would purchase a bigger size roller & give this one to a friend. I love the babyliss brand. 10/10!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:06:00 AM More reviews by cazkitty28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Babyliss Pro Ceramic Conical Curling Wand/Curler is absolutely amazing!!!! It heats up quickly and creates a natural sexy curl and holds all day. It isn't that easy to find online or at beauty salons as I live in Australia it took abit of tracking to actually find it. What I love about it so much is that it doesn't have a clamp. All you do is wind the hair around the curler from the thickest end to the tapered end and volia a gorgeous natural curl. The second best thing about this is that with its variable heat it works incredibly on my clip in human hair extensions and I don't have to worry that its gonna fry them. As it doesn't come with a thermal glove or hand protectants thats the only thing I would say would be a down point on it. As it gets incredibly hot a glove of somekind would be advisable. For more info please look at youtube.com/user/lollipop26. Thats where I first heard about this amazing wand.. Hope this helps you all..... :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tahitian11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few months ago and LOVE it! I have long, medium-thick hair that does not hold curl long whatsoever. With the Babyliss Pro, my curls lasted all day! I had previously used a Hot Tools metal curling iron and this is A LOT better. It's far less damaging on my hair due to the porcelain ceramic barrel, and the curls are long-lasting and shiny, with no frizz. I ordered the 1 1/4 barrel and now I'm tempted to purchase the 1". I highly recommend. Just a note-- for those with fine or coarse hair, as mentioned in the review below, experiment with increasing the heat settings, as it DOES make a difference and the high heat is still not so damaging on the hair since this is a ceramic iron. Its a little expensive, but definitely worth the splurge!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so much about Ceramic curling Iron -- I finally had to give it a try. I started with the Revlon Ceramic Curling Iron ( just did NOT like it at all)-- I decided to bite the bullet and shell out for a Professional one ( babyliss Pro). I did my research and seems like the Babyliss Pro ceramics series got the best rating over Hot Tool's ceramic series (the purple ones, NOT the gold series).

I bought a 1 1/4" curling iron to begin --and since it was supposed to get really HOT (at 200W) I started out at setting 16 -- and was TRULY disappointed. It did curl my (asian coarse) hair but the curl lasted like 10 mins. I was almost tempted to RETURN IT ! I'm glad that I didn't because I tried it multiple time, each time slowly increasing the setting. My number was 24 (there is a total of 30 setting)! It's hot enough to curl and the curls lasted the whole day -- I normally only use only heat protectant with no mousse or gel or hairspray. So, my advise to all the 1st time Babyliss user would be to either TURN IT UP or slowly dial up to find a number that's perfect for your hair :)

My normal curling iron is the Conair Instant Heat, which I LOVE but I have to say using the Babyliss Pro Ceramic curling iron -- my hair does feel a LOT softer (less "DRY) and I have less frizz :) I gave it 4 lippie because I do feel that it's a tad bit expensive (and because I'm a occassional user, I curl my hair maybe ONCE a month...) Yes, I would buy babyliss again, I'm waiting for my order of the 3/4" & 1 " curling iron to arrive :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No