December 20, 2014 | 1630 users online

Blush - Ulta - Girlie

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sandrag

I am writing this review since I just realized this blush is very close to the Lancôme sheer amourose blush. I put the two side by side and they are almost identical. I was faithfully using this until I received the Lancôme as a gift. Now I am stuck on the Lancôme. This is a great alternative if you are not able to shell out the 30.00 for the Lancôme. It is not exact but still a good blush. I may or may not repurchase depending on if I have the Lancôme.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ulta claims that their Cheek Colors will "contour, highlight, and give cheeks a fresh glow. Long-wearing, silky powder glides across your skin, giving skin a fresh, natural, glow." Ulta offers a total of eleven shades, this review is for Girlie. I got a 6g (.21 oz) sample of this blush as a gift with purchase nearly two years ago. I've never thought much about this blush, yet for some reason I reach for it quite often. This blush retails for $7, and obviously can only be bought at Ulta and ulta.com. Ulta brand products are not tested on animals. This blush was made in China.
Packaging for Ulta's Cheek Color has gone through some changes since I got mine. My Cheek Color comes in a clear, round compact with the Ulta logo on the front. The new packaging is a black pan with a flip top with the Ulta logo. Either way, the packaging is pretty cheap and plain, not attractive, and really nothing much to talk about, so moving on.
Ulta's Cheek Color texture is not so good. It feels a little stiff in the pan, which is misleading because its actually quite powdery. Like when you swirl your brush in the pan, it kicks up a plume of powder. This blusher is decently pigmented, but the powderiness makes the pigmentation seem less intense than it is. Application is average, I don't think I've ever had a problem with applying any powder blushes. Where the real problem lies is the wear. Ulta's Cheek Color fades so quickly, I think it fades away almost completely after only four hours, which is kinda pathetic. I know there's no reason to have a scent to a blush, but Ulta's Cheek Color smells kinda like chocolate and that makes me happy.
I like the color of Girlie, which is the only reason that I haven't tossed it out yet. Girlie is a matte, warm, carnation pink with a dusty, slightly greyed quality to it. This shade is very flattering and natural on my very fair skin. I've been using Girlie to blend out a a brighter, more springy brush, to give it a seamless look when it meets up with my bronzer.
Ulta's Cheek Color in Girlie isn't very good. The texture is very powdery, which negatively impacts the pigmentation. While I really love the dusty carnation color, it barely lasts. I do not recommend Ulta's Girlie blush, there are far better blushes available in the $7 price range. Had this been a product I paid for I would've been a bit cross. I haven't had much luck with any Ulta brand products, except their lip glosses, so I think it'd be wise to avoid the brand in general. I wouldn't repurchase Ulta's Cheek Color in Girlie, but I'll continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by abbylindsay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this blush. It gives me the perfect peachy glow and it lasts all day. It looks super natural and makes my complexion look like rose petals and cream. It's perfect. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received this BN in a swap as an extra and I'll be honest I wasn't expecting to like it at all. But I was pleasantly surprised when I tested it for the first time. It's a beautiful medium pink-peach blush with a matte finish and surprisingly nice pigmentation. It stays put, is highly pigmented so you only need a little bit of it, and I find it really compliments my NW20 skin tone. It's odd how I reach for this now over many of the blushes I thought I loved before I tried this one. I love testing out new blushes so I'll keep sampling around, but I know I will repurchase this at some point. No doubt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Grabbed this on a whim in Ulta due to a BOGO deal and glad I did. Was looking for a light peachy-pink blush without shimmer or sparkle. I am fair with yellow undertones. This looks very natural on me, kind of a little-girl pink cheeks effect. It also has surprising staying power. Very pleased!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by a2makeup

Torn on this. Good color, but I don't use it much. I don't know.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this color of blush. The only thing is that it doesn't stay on all day and hardly any product is picked up by my Sonia Kashuk blush brush, so I will be buying another blush. If it weren't for it not going well with my brush, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect color on me as I am very light but with yellow undertones...I don't like heavy makeup so this gives just the right amount of color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful color which gives that perfect healthy flush. However, this is low quality and after a 10 hour day I come home to find it worn completely off on one side of my face and migrated to one circular spot on the other side of my face. I looked like a cheap broken baby doll ugh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Girlie is a very pretty soft pink shade...it's very popular. We sell this one a lot. It's great for that living up the skin look.