July 24, 2014 | 1816 users online

Polishes - Essie - Big Spender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is a gorgeous vibrant magenta that is very vivid with just one coat. It applies smoothly and has great pigmentation. Perfect for when you're running late because it looks amazing with just one coat, no top coat needed. Lovely for summer without being too in-your-face pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hot pink but grown up. A vibrant magenta that still looks elegant and classy. It's a great pink for winter. Goes on well and very opaque, I can get away with one coat but I always do two because the color look nicer. Lasts a long time and I always get complements when I wear it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When choosing a new bright pink for myself, I was torn between this and Bachelorette Bash. This is a more mature dark pink, magenta with violet undertones, whereas Bachelorette Bash is a bright, vivid pink very similar to Fiesta (which was the previous bright pink I owed, though I rarely used it for myself, painting my daughters' nails with it instead). I bought both. Big Spender became an instant favorite of mine and my fingers feel naked without it. I love using it as the base color for ombre nails and I use OPI for Sephora in Already Famous (a champagne shimmer) on the tips. Like all Essie polishes, the formula of this is the best. It goes on in thin, even coats, no streaking, and dries quickly. It's long wearing and doesn't chip easily. When I run out of this polish I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with this gorgeous dark creamy fuchsia. It looks especially nice on toes. Sophisticated and grown-up, but not boring in the least. So, so beautiful. And the formula and wear time of this polish is great, too, as most Essie polishes are. If you have to choose one Essie color, get this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very nice and bright summer color. Loved it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by princesssjessica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! It's the perfect plum color for fall/winter. It's actually a bit brighter than a berry or plum which I like because I feel a bit drab with dark nail polish on but this color has been very pleasing to wear. I can't comment on how it chips because I change my nail polish so often but it went on very well especially for an Essie polish. Overall really like it, only knocking it down a lippie for the messiness that comes with removing it, which usually happens with these types of colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not usually a polish person and when I am, I tend to go with OPI (brush, handle, wear time, etc). But this caught my eye and I snagged it. The color in the bottle is almost exactly what I get with 2 coats... maybe 10% darker once on my hands. I like the creme finish and the wear was better than I expected based on some Essie polishes I had a few years back. I like this shade a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Ashnkb8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh idk I wanted to love it as a fun punchy color but didn't . It is darker on hands. It's not ugly just not what I expected.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by JennyB1017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this color thinking it would be a pretty summer, berry color. It was much darker than I thought it would be. It is still pretty, but more appropriate for a winter color. I'm disappointed how quickly it chipped. I have noticed that many of my Essie polishes chip quickly though. This saddens me because at the drug stores around town, Essie has many many more colors than any other brand. Overall, pretty winter color but chips easily :/

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a number of Essie polishes and the quality always seems hit or miss. Sad to say, this one is a *miss*. Looks quite darker on the nail than it looks in the bottle (a common issue with some Essies) and it always chips the next day, if not the same day! The color itself looks like a plummy-fuschia-pink to me, very creamy. I have tried with several different basecoats and topcoats and I just cannot keep it from chipping and peeling. Disappointed. =(