September 21, 2014 | 1765 users online

Polishes - Milani - Garnet Gems

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful deep vampy color & affordable drugstore price. This is red glitter in a black jelly base, so the end result comes out really dark & vampy on me (not as glittery as it appears in the bottle), hardly can see the red glitter shining through unless it's in direct sunlight or bright spotlight. I do wear it by itself, but I also like to punch it with a layer of brighter glitter polish in either red (then it looks kind of vampy-winter-holiday) or another color glitter to mix up the effect. Dries matte but shines up smooth w/a couple coats of topcoat. Love Milani polishes & I usually buy all the glitter options they make.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by russetandvermilion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An amazing shade..i wish i didn't have to apply 3 coats. I love the glitter but I wish it were better quality. I think Chanel should come out with a sparkly garnet shade! This is an inky and glam shade--not emo or gothic. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by rezdechausee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

gave up trying to find this in stores (saved again by ebay) I love this color and the glitter isn't such that you look like a parade float. Subtle. that's it, subtle.
Will def repurchase. Favorable opinion of Milani polishes in general here.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Obviously a dupe for Lubu Heels by CG. Personally i like this way way more. Couple coats and it's good to go. Dont know how chipping is. Only worn it 3 days without any chipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think this is an Lubu dupe but my reason for that is because I think it's better than Lubu (sorry ChG). I think the red glitter shows up better on in this one than it does in Lubu. Wish I'd found it first.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ggordil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It is dark but not plain and it looks super pretty in the summer sun. I do recommend wearing it over a black creme because I was not able to get the same color as the bottle in two thin coats. I used Wn'W underneath and it looks awesome. I am going to buy a backup in case they stop carrying this at Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I finally decided to chuck in the towel on China Glaze 'lubu heels', which hates me, and try this. I should say that had I know this was a dupe of the ChG I never would have bought it. Anyway, I layered this over WnW 'black creme' and it was perfect; exactly what I wanted from 'lubu heels' w/o all the trouble. Dried quickly, has worn very well, and looks great. I love the look of this polish since it's dark, but not austere, and not as flashy as larger glitter would be. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Neopatra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you like this product, go out and get it right now, if you can find it. I went to three different places yesterday before I found it at Target . CVS no longer carries it, and it looks like it has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by fihe

A beautiful shade! it's a black jelly with red microglitter. I believe I used three coats. at first I wasn't all that fond of it because from far away it looked like a black creme and I think black cremes are flat and boring. but if you look up close you can see the pretty glitter :) I suppose I got used to it in the 2-3 days I wore it. I did have a problem with chipping at the tips very soon after I painted my nails, and be careful with cleanup or else it will come off in chunks (glitters are known to do that). however, after touching up I didn't have any problems after. Yay! btw this is supposed to be a dupe for ChG Lubu Heels :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by SupernovaSky

This is a gorgeous color. Red micro glitter in a black jelly base. Sheer and streaky in the 1st coat but opaque after 3. I can hardly stop staring at my nails! The red glitter glimmers lovely against the black. This is also a dead on dupe of CG Lubu Heels color-wise; not sure about the formula.

IMO a must have polish!