October 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Makeup Brushes - Mary Kay - Mineral Foundation brush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by LaSH1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would love to LOVE this brush! But I find that it is scratch and rough on the skin-especially when I am in a hurry. Other than that I do really like this brush. I use it for mineral makeup. The size is just right. Actually, the size is perfect. It fits well in my hand and I can throw it in my makeup bag without fighting it like other longer handled brushes. Flat top foundation brushes give me better coverage, and this one does a great job. (Better than Eco Tools and I love Eco Tools brushes, although I have to add that I haven't tried a flat top Eco Tools brush to fairly compare to). The bristles are just the right length. The packaging was plain, however, I would prefer a lower cost brush at the expense of pretty packaging. Overall, however, because the bristles are scratchy, eh, I would have to say that I would try something else next time. If only it were a bit more soft! Even though I say I would buy a different brush next time, I must not be in too big of a hurry because I've been using this this brush for about a year. (It was scratchy from the first time I used it so it's not because it's old). It does hold up really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush! I've been using it for YEARS!! But I don't use it for foundation.. I use it instead for setting my loose powder =) I use 'Covergirl's Oil Control Loose Powder' and this brush works wonders on doing so! Because the brush has a flat surface, it really pushes the powder onto the skin and sets the foundation wonderfully =) although I don't remember how much it cost, I will definately be buying this again whenever I'm in need of a replacement!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

really great powder foundation brush. bristles are soft and handle is the perfect length. kind of in between a regular sized foundation brush and a kabuki brush! i use a tap and swirl method with the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Kaalahm

I use this everyday to apply my LiQUID medium coverage Mary Kay foundation. It works so much better than any makeup sponge or my fingers because it really blends the foundation and leaves my skin looking great! Lately it's been leaving a few hairs here and there but it's because I need to replace it! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I hate this product, the hairs are scratchy and uneven and as such do not apply ANY product well.It also give me "razor burn"when i do anything that need buffing in.
I'll l stick with my elf powder brush which is cheaper and preforms amazingly despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

AMAZING brush for a setting powder!!! Unfortunately I think a lot of people are using this for the wrong thing- don't use it for foundation. Use it for a setting powder like MAC's mineralize skin finish- I use it for that and it goes on wonderfully. It's REALLY thick like a kabuki brush but I prefer a handle for more control. It was also super cheap too, got it from a Mary Kay lady for only 5 bucks. Money well spent!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by hhaannaa

I got it today and before i washed it i loved it, then when it been washed and when it had dried it started shedding like craaazy and the shape of it got so wierd, so i have to look for some of those plastic things that comes with some brushes, to maintain the original shape.
Since it was expencive, espec. here in sweden, it was not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this!! it is the softest ive seen so far! it applies evenly. i love everthing about it except you have to be careful were you store it. i put it in my make up bag and the bristles kind of fanned out a little and a few fell out. but that is the onlyy complaint i have! i love this!!! will definatly keep using! i doubt ill ever find one better! i also use their blush and loose powder brush as well! :) i give a 4.5 (just bc the bristles falling out if put in the wrong place)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by fleabags3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this one month ago and it fell apart today. i liked the brush for use with my mineral foundations or mainly blushes. it seemed to do the job, but looks like i'll have to invest in a better quality brush that lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by FireWeaver

I had another natural goat hair kabuki brush prior to this one that was dome shaped but I just could not get over how prickly it was. I was hesitant to give this a try at first since my friend, who was the distributor, said it was horse hair. But I find it really soft and nice, which is rare since my face finds many, many things scratchy.

It certainly does shed though and has yet to stop. It's one of those small irritations I could do without, but $10 for a brush is pretty cheap these days so I suppose I can deal with it. It hasn't broken on me and it doesn't look as poorly made as other reviews have claimed in my opinion. Packaging could be better...like a hard case to keep it in.

I find it gets pricklier if it isn't cleaned, so make sure to wash it either with brush cleaners or shampoo and warm water every so often. It works better at picking up powder and spreading it evenly across your face when clean too.

This is one of those brushes that prove that you don't have to spend $50 to get a good use out of it.