October 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Makeup Brushes - Mary Kay - Mineral Foundation brush

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mommymakeuplover107

My sister got me the Mary Kay mineral loose powder and brush for my birthday I was so excited to use it but after using it for the first time my face broke out in a rash, so I immediately I thought it was the powder but now I know it's the brush, I still used the powder to set undereye concealer and no break out, but I used the brush again with another foundation and broke out, so I decided to wash it maybe that will do the trick after washing I will never use it again, on the towel it was drying on I discovered a purple stain and I am sure it was from the brush, and bristols being dyed!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by LaSH1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would love to LOVE this brush! But I find that it is scratch and rough on the skin-especially when I am in a hurry. Other than that I do really like this brush. I use it for mineral makeup. The size is just right. Actually, the size is perfect. It fits well in my hand and I can throw it in my makeup bag without fighting it like other longer handled brushes. Flat top foundation brushes give me better coverage, and this one does a great job. (Better than Eco Tools and I love Eco Tools brushes, although I have to add that I haven't tried a flat top Eco Tools brush to fairly compare to). The bristles are just the right length. The packaging was plain, however, I would prefer a lower cost brush at the expense of pretty packaging. Overall, however, because the bristles are scratchy, eh, I would have to say that I would try something else next time. If only it were a bit more soft! Even though I say I would buy a different brush next time, I must not be in too big of a hurry because I've been using this this brush for about a year. (It was scratchy from the first time I used it so it's not because it's old). It does hold up really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush! I've been using it for YEARS!! But I don't use it for foundation.. I use it instead for setting my loose powder =) I use 'Covergirl's Oil Control Loose Powder' and this brush works wonders on doing so! Because the brush has a flat surface, it really pushes the powder onto the skin and sets the foundation wonderfully =) although I don't remember how much it cost, I will definately be buying this again whenever I'm in need of a replacement!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

really great powder foundation brush. bristles are soft and handle is the perfect length. kind of in between a regular sized foundation brush and a kabuki brush! i use a tap and swirl method with the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Kaalahm

I use this everyday to apply my LiQUID medium coverage Mary Kay foundation. It works so much better than any makeup sponge or my fingers because it really blends the foundation and leaves my skin looking great! Lately it's been leaving a few hairs here and there but it's because I need to replace it! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I hate this product, the hairs are scratchy and uneven and as such do not apply ANY product well.It also give me "razor burn"when i do anything that need buffing in.
I'll l stick with my elf powder brush which is cheaper and preforms amazingly despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

AMAZING brush for a setting powder!!! Unfortunately I think a lot of people are using this for the wrong thing- don't use it for foundation. Use it for a setting powder like MAC's mineralize skin finish- I use it for that and it goes on wonderfully. It's REALLY thick like a kabuki brush but I prefer a handle for more control. It was also super cheap too, got it from a Mary Kay lady for only 5 bucks. Money well spent!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by hhaannaa

I got it today and before i washed it i loved it, then when it been washed and when it had dried it started shedding like craaazy and the shape of it got so wierd, so i have to look for some of those plastic things that comes with some brushes, to maintain the original shape.
Since it was expencive, espec. here in sweden, it was not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this!! it is the softest ive seen so far! it applies evenly. i love everthing about it except you have to be careful were you store it. i put it in my make up bag and the bristles kind of fanned out a little and a few fell out. but that is the onlyy complaint i have! i love this!!! will definatly keep using! i doubt ill ever find one better! i also use their blush and loose powder brush as well! :) i give a 4.5 (just bc the bristles falling out if put in the wrong place)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by fleabags3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this one month ago and it fell apart today. i liked the brush for use with my mineral foundations or mainly blushes. it seemed to do the job, but looks like i'll have to invest in a better quality brush that lasts.