April 23, 2014 | 2001 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can a shampoo and conditioner pair give you a forehead full of acne? YES.

This John Frieda shampoo and conditioner Luxurious Volume pair gave me a raging case of acne all over my forehead. I had explosive whiteheads, large pimples and blocked pores. My skin was obviously blocked from one, or more, of the ingredients in this shampoo.

I threw it out and would NEVER buy it again.

I don't have any existing acne or pimple problem, and haven't had any breakouts for the last 20 years.

It took several months and an expensive doctor's prescription of acne medication to clear my skin. I was totally embarassed by my suddenly totally zitty forehead and it took almost 3 months for the pimple marks to disappear.

What kind of a chemical bath is this stuff?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

Holy grail. I always keep this shampoo on hand. Whenever I want a simple and basic shampoo that just gets the job done, I reach for this. The Luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner leave my hair soft and fluffy.. Just absolutely weightless. I love it. If you are someone that has hair prone to build up or gets oily quick, this set is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by dejr8fans

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super fine, thin hair and I have tried just about every shampoo out there that promises volume. To give you an example of just how good this shampoo works for me, I just purchased by third tube. It's rare that I even use an entire bottle of shampoo, much less buy it three more times. This shampoo has a nice, clean, light scent. It lathers nicely and rinses out well. While this shampoo doesn't give my hair extreme volume, my hair definitely feels fuller after I use it and it's easy to manage. I also use alot of hairspray and this shampoo cuts right through the gunk as well as any clarifying shampoo that I've used. This shampoo costs about $5.50 at Wal Mart - for the price and the results, I'm very happy with this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Majuriel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UGH! This left my hair a sticky gummy mess with no shine. This was so bad after 3 tries I tossed it in the garbage, horrible stuff....save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by baby_doll007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fine, very thin hair and have experienced some hairloss due to a medical condition so I need all the body I can get for my hair.
I brought this shampoo and the matching conditioner in the hopes of making my hair look like fuller, thicker, denser hair. I didn't have very high hopes for it because it didn't have many positive reviews, but I love John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette line and Luxurious Volume was on special for $10AUD each so I decided, what the heck I'll give it a go. The first time I used it when I blowdried my hair it looked and felt thicker. I styled it and later in the day when I put it in a ponytail, my ponytail actually felt thicker. And since using the shampoo and conditioner, I've had to use LESS styling products to get the volume I need! It really does volumize your hair and is safe for color treated hair! I also like the fact that it's a clear shampoo so it doesn't weigh your hair down and feels like it really cleans and removes any dulling buildup/residue. Kind of like a clarifying shampoo but not harsh at all, gentle and nourishing. The matching conditioner is light yet still a good detangler. I'm going to keep using this set as long as it keeps providing the volume I desperately need. I currently rotate it with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration to keep my hair moisturised and also so my hair doesn't get used to the same brand. Plus I like variety in my shower =) The fragrance is very mild, pleasant, soapy, clean smelling. I'm definitely going to buy the Root Booster/Lifter from this line also, because its alcohol free and I've read good things about it. I recommend this shampoo and the matching conditioner to those women who have thin, fine or straight hair with absolutely no volume on its own.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sparkle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo is by far the best shampoo for my straight limp hair!

It lathers really well, my hair feels clean and I love the subtle smell. It does give body to my hair, but not as much as I expected. I use the same conditioner afterwards, and the duo works together really well and gives body, shine and softness.

I have already bought my second tubes, and when they run out I will go back to it again after I have used something else in between (I tend to change my shampoo brand every few months).

Overall, a very good shampoo in affordable price.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by emvee

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this with the conditioner and first time I used it, it worked! My hair had more volume and felt really soft. Second time I used it, not as much volume, but hair was still soft but I noticed more flyaways. Third time, zero volume, limp, dry hair and serious flyaways. Thank goodness for ulta's return policy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG - I love this stuff. Everything about it. The scent, what it does to my hair. When I use it, my DH spends the evening with his nose in my hair - he loves the way it smells. It does seem a bit drying (I use the condtioner in this line also) but once a week I use a treatment and my hair has been awesome. I'm trying some new things right now, but I have a feeling I'll be going back to this often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was horrible, what a waste of money! It left my hair completely flat, and my hair looked greasy. I used this with the matching conditioner and never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by courtney489

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only used this product once, and I could tell a difference in my hair right away. I read a lot of negative or 'meh' reviews and I couldn't disagree more.
I have EXTREMELY fine hair. I can barely keep bobby pins or a teased poof in my hair. It's really depressing.
So I thought I'd take a chance on this. Hey, it was only 5 bucks at Walmart. I did exactly as the package says, used the conditioner, the blow dryer lotion and the mousse.
Not only did my hair actually feel clean, it smelled delicious, and I saw immediate results.

How often can you say that about a beauty product? I'm definitely buying it again, and for the time being, I recommend it to other girls with really fine, life-less hair.