October 31, 2014 | 1042 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

This is my day-to-day mascara, it lengthens and thickens, but is not overly dramatic. This is one of the few mascaras I've found so far that don't cause my eyes allergic reactions either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by 1909Memaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the colour of this mascara, given that I have dark lashes it didn't stand out too much, yet was noticeable enough to get complimented on. Perfect for when I was too lazy or running too late to put any make-up on, just a quick few coats of this was all I needed to look more awake with a pop of colour highlighting the eyes. If you're still half asleep applying it before reaching the coffee machine (from experience) careful not to put it too close to the rim of the eyes as bits fall in making them tinged plum with the opposite effect! I'm unlikely to re-purchase due to being kinder to myself in using more organic/natural products. As a cheaper alternative (for those finding Bad Gal Plum stood out too much on fair lashes) try Amethyst mascara by Kate Moss for Rimmel. Does nothing for me as in addition to being synthetic it's much darker than expected. I assumed it was the same bright purple as her Amethyst eyeliner but it's very dark plum nowhere near as noticeable as Benefit's was so I gave it to a friend with dark eyes who found it wasn't dark enough for her liking! Meanwhile if anyone can recommend a natural/organic alternative mascara the same shade as Benefit Bad Gal Plum/a brighter purple, please comment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only cool thing about this mascara is the shade (and I suppose the packaging). The plum is mostly true to its name, a warm medium brown with a hint of purple to it. It's not super dark though and I still wanted to layer black mascara on top to make my lashes look more deeply pigmented.

The formula sucks. It made my eyelashes stick together and form little stick lashes. There were mascara crumbs. It didn't lengthen, thicken or help hold curl - the opposite even. My lashes looked stubby, sparse and clumped into little bunches. Not a good look. Oh and that is with a primer. Can't imagine how much worse it would be without.

It's got the big Badgal brush that I like but that doesn't help with this formula. Don't know why the formula wouldn't perform the same way the black one does, but it definitely doesn't. Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Concealergeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. It is the mascara I wear for a casual look. As my lashes are very dark, it gives me a subtle plum colour and more volume. I like it is easy to remove at night. I don't put mascara over my lower lashes so the big brush is not a problem. I give it a four because as as most of the mascaras it releases too much product and I have to sweep the brush first. Loss of money but the only way to avoid clumpy lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They. Discontinued. My. Favourite. Mascara. Ever. I loved it sooooo much. Wish there had been a warning. So sad. 5-star rating all the way!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Beckie007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous on green or hazel eyes. The plum is dark enough that with black eyeliner behind it, I don't think it shows up as purple. It's subtle. Not totally happy with how much comes off the brush; or I should say how little. I thought it would bulk up my lashes a bit more but my experience with mascaras also tells me that giving it some time to gum up a little bit (time and air) helps for more bulk on the lashes. The price is just relative to how much money you make. To me, it isn't too much money. Especially if found on Ebay or Amazon, etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mascara is great but it doesn't look really purple on dark eyelashes. I would wear this everyday though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Dentalmental

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried thin mascara in the 'BADGAL black' I LOVED it! (The most gorgeous black mascara I have ever used)
After finishing it off, I decided to go and repurchase and the plum colour caught my eye.

Don't be put off by it being 'plum' it looks gorgeous! I have dark lashes, you don't really see it unless you look super closely. It's a natural funky twist on the neutral brown.

I wouldn't say This mascara give much length but it makes them look fuller and super pretty, lasts all day and even though this isn't the waterproof it stays put!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try something different but I've always hated that blue mascara look that everyone ends up trying once.
I went to my local Benefit counter and wanted to try a few products that I wouldn't usually go for. The SA recommended plum as opposed to the standard jet black BadGal Lash. It was the same formula so it thickened and lengthened but it had a slight plum hue. I tried it on and looked in the mirror and as the SA had said, it was very slight and barely noticeable. I liked that it was very subtle and decided to buy it.
A few people noticed it and asked about my eyelashes which I thought was nice and different.

It wasn't until MONTHS later when me and my boyfriend went on a weekend away and I saw in some photographs, that in the bright sunlight, my eyelashes were shockingly VIOLET. I couldn't believe I had been walking around with this stuff on. I don't know how I didn't notice, I do my make-up in a mirror infront of my window every day but I had never seen the mascara looking so BRIGHT.

Needless to say, violet eyelashes were not the look I was going for and this mascara was never worn again.

The formula itself was quite good, but not curling enough as I have long but poker straight eyelashes. I wouldn't repurchase due to the lack of curling power and the luminescent colour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This mascara was disappointing. Even with primer, the mascara is hardly noticeable unless I apply three or more coats. The plum color is more red than violet, with the end result of making my eyes look bloodshot. I think a more blue or violet-based plum color would have had a better accentuating effect on my brown eyes,but this red-based plum may work for other eye colors.

The formula was dryish and clumpy; each coat neeed to be combed out to seperate the lashes. The only thing it does decently is wear well, and if it does smudge, the smudges are less noticeable than those of a typical mascara. But it's not worth the money and I definitely will not repurchase it.