MAC Cremesheen - Creme d'Nude

4.1

This lipstick is a sheer but buildable light nude. My skin tone is nc20-25. I have heard a lot of people compare this lipstick to having concealer on your lips or totally washing out the face. personally I have very darkly pigmented lips naturally and rather pale skin, so this lipstick works to actually tone down my natural lip shade rather than mute it out as some girls say. I recommend this lipstick to any light skinned gals out there who have unpleasantly dark lips when compared to their skin tone, such as myself. The color tones down but does not totally erase my natural lip color. This is the nude I go for when I have a dramatic or colorful eye and/or cheek in the evening and I want to go for that classic bombshell look. The glossy finish adds so much dimension to the lips and it's easy to reapply on the go without a mirror as long as you do the old thumb in the mouth trick to get any lipstick off the inside of your mouth that could transfer on your teeth! You know what I'm talking about ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was in the market for a creamy, pinky nude lip color after being inspired by Lana Del Rey's makeup in the West Coast video. The only ones I managed to scrape up were all concealer-esque and chalky (I am a HUGE NYX fan normally, but Nude Peach was awful!). I came across this little jewel.

It is still a little less pinky than I'd prefer, but I still enjoy it! Its texture is creamy and soft. Keep in mind it is definitely not matte--which is good for me, I'm not a matte girl. It's not too sheer, though--nice medium. It doesn't look "clumpy", as nude colors often tend to on the super-pale me, and it doesn't wash me out (shocker!) even as a naturally very pale, very dark-haired girl.

This is a good introduction to nudes for me. I've tried SO many, but I've always, oddly enough, felt safer with dark lip colors. This is a pretty, safe color, and buildable too. For a natural look I recommend lightly 'dabbing' or 'patting' it on. It looks nice with Oyster Girl lipglass on top too--beautiful with smokey eyes and light contouring.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My absolute favourite go to mac lipstick I can't praise it enough it's formulation is beyond perfect it adds the perfect shine without being to glossy. It's a tad pale but paired with a nice lipliner and it will be a dream nude lip. I'm the biggest nude lip fan and this tops my list of favourites

This lipstick is my favorit from Mac! So beautiful with a darker pink lipliner underneath

Another fab product from Mac. This is just gold.
Color is the perfect nude must-have!!
Apply gently though or its gonna look like a beige NIVEA cream on your lips.
I dot it on actually for best result witch means im not looking for a full cover layer on my lips. Its too pigmented for that. Almost dry.
But hey, for this color i dont care, its the bets. Rebought it 5 times already! <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this lipstick but I don't love it...By itself I think it's sub par. Better on top of smooth, lip balm-ed lips. I only put on a light application though because it can look a little concealer-like against my fair skin layering it too heavy. Of course I love the scent of the lipstick. Classic vanilla. But I'm not crazy impressed. I will continue to use Creme d'Nude as its lasted me quite awhile, and I definitely still have a lot left. It's a pretty nude with the slightest hint of pink. It's not bad.

New HG nude lippie. Out of the 546392 that I already own. It stays neutral and I liked this formula and color better than myth, which I was choosing between. That looked oranger on me than cdn. I waited years to buy this bc I couldn't decide and for some reason thought it wouldn't be right, but it's just perfection. Ugh, buying this years ago would've saved me so much headache. I included a pic of it on yellow/olive complexion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Honestly, I'm not sure why I bought this lipstick to begin with. The lipstick itself is fine, it's a pretty pale lipstick with an ever so slight pink tone. I think my problem is that I'm very very pale (NW10) and I have very pigmented lips and you can still see some of my natural lip colour underneath, and when it starts to wear off it just looks awful!
I must have been on a mac buzz when I bought this and was thinking I really needed a mac nude lipstick because it was the thing to have LOL

I might try and play around with it and some different lipliners and see if I can make it work so it's not a total waste!

Overrated. If you find it - like me - to be a bit drying and patchy when worn for an hour or two, I highly recommend half n half by Mac instead, which is a deeper nude but much more satisfying, I found. Smells lovely though as all Mac lipsticks do. Just not for me I'm afraid!

Creme d nude is a fairly light nude with an ever so teeny tiny amount of pink hue. Very creamy in consistency and contains the usual MAC vanilla scent with black bullet packaging.

For 85% of us Creme d nude would be hard to pull off on its own, as pale people argue it makes them "look dead" and medium to darker skin tones complain it looks like "concealer lips". I think we all need to view it as more of a mixing colour. Creme d nude mixed with MACs velvet teddy lipstick and Stripdown liner is a combination in nude heaven for paler to medium skin tones. For darker skin tones use MACs double shot lipstick with creme d nude and Oak lipliner.

It adds a little extra peachy pink depth many nude lipsticks need! It can be worn on its own with Stripdown liner and a slightly warmer gloss. I would definately buy again! It is a MAC classic and essential in any nude lipstick addicts (aka me) collection!

Recommended for Medium Skin