August 1, 2014 | 1309 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Laptop

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The color of this eyeshadow is simply beautiful! It has this amazing bronzey mauve color to it with little shimmers througout. And,everytime I wear it, I always get tons of compliments.

In my opinion, this is a color that no one could go wrong with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this shadow a lot; on me, it's far more taupe-y/bronzey with just a hint of purple to it; beautiful shimmery texture. It does compliment olive or tanned skins very well. I'm medium complected and this is medium toned on me. I can use it as a lid color with a darker color in the crease, or as a crease color with a lighter, all-over wash color. On me it's far more taupe/brown than anything pink. See my link to it swatched with other browns/taupes. This is more sheer than you might think, so I usually go over the area where I'm applying it a few times to get the right color deposition on my eyes.
As with all mineral shadows, you need to use a primer with it, such as UDPP or TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: This may be an "alternate" HG item in my train case, meaning I have some HG dupes but something about this color makes it a little different from the rest :-) The EDM Web site describes this shade as "plum and light brown marry to create this pearly shade," which is an accurate description except for the fact that it was more shimmery on me until I foiled it; then I got a "wet" pearl finish -- very nice indeed. Shades like this look good on my NC15 to 20 skin, hazel eyes. It's quite a dramatic color on me without appearing "bruised." Good lasting power over UDPP.
Applied dry over UDPP Sin: Will update when I try this.
Where did I buy this: EDM Web site.
Price: $2.50 for a very generous sample, about 1/2 teaspoon, I'd say.
Packaging: Best you can get for a loose powder cosmetic item: screw-top sample pot with sifter lid.
Would I buy again: Yup! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Laptop is a nicely pigmented lavendar pink, similar to Jasmine Tea but with more pigment so I use them together. I use Laptop on my lower lid. It is very shimmery. Real pretty!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of only a very few disappointments I've had with EDM. From the picture I was expecting to receive a muted plum/lavender color. It actually is a full on pink. It's pretty, but I don't like pinks and simply can't pull them off. I tried Laptop on just to give it a chance and it's a pretty pinkish brown, but as with all pinks I feel as though it looks like I have an eye infection. :( Will be swapping and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I love this colour. It gives me the look that 'In the garden' failled to achieve. I am very fond of Taupe colour,,however it seem like a dash of purple undertone is needed to achive a good one on asian skin tone. I buy the sample size just because I like the name of the product (very smart). The problem with Everyday Minerals eyeshadow is the container-why oh why can't they make a shifter like the one from The Body Shop mineral instead of those little useless holes to shake off the powder. Too messy. No control over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by princessshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a must have eyeshadow colour for every woman. It is truly unique. The shade is medium (not light not dark), and if I were to describe it...well lets just say I don't know how to describe it! It confuses me whenever I put it on. Imagine a pinky brown, with purple gold bronze and silver all in one. Yes, you can't imagine that, but if I had to use one colour to describe it it would be pink (with tons of dimension). Its not bright so its extremely versatile but when I put it on it really makes me feel like I'm wearing something special that no one else has...Its quite beautiful and its a great colour for those bronzy summers, it compliments a tan very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by peiramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Laptop is an absolutely gorgeous colour! On the website it does look it bit more purple than it does in person. it if definitely is a deep bronzey colour with a hint of purple. it blends very nicely and when applied on top of a cream base or primer, its staying power is incredible. i recommend this product to anyone who wants a quick shadow packed full of pigmentation but we warned, it's sure to get people's attention!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like some of the eyeshadow shades but I don't get this one. Maybe I got a bad sample because this is just dirty pink on me. I have applied it a few times a few different ways. Not that it matters really but "laptop," really? Couldn't have thought of something prettier? I would call this one Naughty School Girl because it is pink but like it has black grease mixed in it somehow. It lasted, though, and it is a buildable, versatile product. And someone likes the color but I found it juvenile and it did nothing for my blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Valley160

This is a great color that blends nicely and works with everything! Love it!!