MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 7/11/2015 3:31:00 PM

This is my number one wear-to-work lipstick! It's a subtle and gorgeous mid-toned pink that looks natural without being a nude. It provides a nice subtle pop of color, while looking simultaneously sophisticated and girly. It has a good wear time (though it does require touch-ups after coffee, meals, etc) and the formula is not too drying. It goes perfectly with multiple different types of makeup looks and outfits. Now that I finally have it, I can't believe I put off purchasing for long because "did I really need another pink lipstick?" Yes, apparently I did!

I just LOVE this lipstick! It was one I had initially overlooked as there isn't too much hype about it. I'm so glad I tried it! It is perfect for the day or night, in the office or out and about. I own 18 MAC lipsticks and this is in my top favourite 5 - the other favourites being Mehr, Cosmo, Velvet Teddy and Viva Glam V. This one is so versatile and although amplified creme is my favourite finish, I quite like the the finish of his lipstick. This lipstick really deserves more recognition! Always try before you buy and don't just purchase the shades with the hype surrounding them. The shades I have discovered on my own (with the exception of Velvet Teddy) suit me much better than the ones the bloggers rave about like Rebel or Syrup - two lipsticks that really do nothing for me! Try Fanfare, you won't regret it!

on 5/28/2015 2:44:00 PM

This was my first Mac Lipstick and it left me very happy and I didn't think of it as a waste of money. It's definitely one of my favourites as its so creamy and pigmented, I find that it lasts a very long time on your lips and doesn't dry them out at all. I don't need to apply lip balm underneath this as its so moisturising already and glides on very smoothly.

I like my lips either glossy or matte, I prefer how it looks that way instead of leaving these types of lipsticks alone. To make mine matte I gently cover the lipstick applied with a tissue and blot it with some loose powder on a brush over the tissue. It transfers the powder making the lipstick matte but keeping it still moisturising. I rather do that instead of getting matte lipsticks because they're usually very drying. :)

on 1/31/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This color is nothing short of amazing. It's pretty bright and will catch everyone's attention. I have medium skin tone and this color is so flattering. Reminds me of a better version of NYX tea rose, which was my favorite until finding this. Mac's formula is far better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with fanfare! Hands down, my all time HG. It suits my skintone, it's make my skin brighter and I got tons of compliment wearing this baby. It ends up with pink with little bit of glossy finish. I don't like matte so I love the cremesheen for mac. Besides fanfare, I also have cosmo and ravishing. They are lovely too, but I just falling in love with fanfare more

on 8/9/2014 9:48:00 AM

I'm not usually one for pink lipstick, but Fanfare has totally changed that. It's a medium coral-pink cream that suits my NC25-30 skintone beautifully. I like the Cremesheens a lot—it's probably my favorite MAC lipstick formulation as it has good lasting power, excellent pigmentation, and has just the right amount of creaminess. Will buy this forever!

on 7/25/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love love love this lipstick. I'm currently around Nc40 and this is my go to pink lipstick. The thing is, in the tube it looks dark coral. But on my brownish lips I comes out as one of the most flattering dark pink colour with a hint of coral. It's highly pigmented and applies smoothly, and the cremesheen finish is great, just apply a smidge of balm first to combat dryness. It wears off evenly which is always a plus. Highly recommend this. X

on 4/11/2014 5:56:00 PM

This is a very pretty pink with maybe a little bit of peach. I can't wear brownish lipstick at all and although others have said that this has a bit of brown, it is much brighter than the pinky-browns in, for example, Bobbi Brown lipsticks. I am not in love with the formulation even though I own many Cremesheens from MAC. I find them to be dry.

I am a very low maintenance lip product person so I never apply anything that requires care or a lot of touch up. I like something that doesn't feel like much but still looks polished. This is a nice color choice for me, stains pretty well, and other than the dryness I feel when I wear it, I like it.

on 3/21/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

nice texture. good staying power and gorgeous pink colour. suits me im nc30

on 3/14/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

What? The most expensive makeup item I have bought!
It feels so smooth on your lips but does not actually moisturise. I am not joking when I say that you need to put some butter on your lipsbeforehand.
On the other hand, it is not only a beautiful colour with excellent (as you would expect from MAC) pigmentation/texture, but it smells good!
Just one last thing, it doesn't last too long on your eyebrows. Kidding! Please MAC make it last longer. Also for such a loverly looking stick, the packaging (although exciting at first, I mean it's MAC for goodness sake!) is a bit hard to open, close, and work out which way the lid goes on. Other than that, it is my current lippie fav! I will not be repurchasing it though, as It is so costly at £15 for 3.0g!

Popular Lipsticks