August 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Lipstick - Merle Norman - Luxiva Age Defying Lipcolor - Berry Luminary

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by toybuyer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Merle Norman Cosmetics--You're getting sneaky!
I've used your products since 1981 and I would say that the vast majority of your line no longer even resembles that from nearly 30 years ago. You have added some horrific SPFs to your line. I thought I'd love Timeless foundation! A new line in 2004/2005 but it had octinoxate and oxbenzone. I've made sure that people understand why there face itches when it has these 2 SPFs.
Your "age defying" lipcolor doesn't say octinoxate. That's correct? WRONG!
Your ingredients? Octyl methoxycinnamate
What is this? Nothing more than another name for octinoxate! Why don't you put Octinoxate on the label. Instead you hide it with the same chemical 2-word name. Had I not done the research.....
Please cosmetic buyers, watch your SPFs. Neither of the "O"s are good for you. Octinoxate has a side effect of "severe!" dermatitis.
Not mild--severe. So if you itch and it can even be in sun-tan lotion--look for octinioxate or octyl methoxycinnamte.
And if you're pregnant, just google oxybenzone.
I loved the color claret cream. Not an option with your ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color is so yummy ! Released as part of the autumn meadow fall 2008 collection. It looks really really deep dark purple in the tube but................surprise, it's a sheer formula, a simply stunning berry purple shade. I've worn it so many times since purchasing, which is unusual for me, I own 860294661954093687 lipsticks, so multiple uses so close together is very rare ! If you love the dark fall colors, this is a must have. It makes blue eyes really stand out.