July 29, 2014 | 1811 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This reminds me of the CG Perfect Point eyeliners in terms of quality (which is good!!). This is extremely pigmented & easily applied. I get raccoon eyes from almost all (non-waterproof) pencils, this is no worse than any of the others (I have extremely oily skin/LIDS!!!). I prefer (waterproof) liquid & gels becoz of that, but at walmart I was buying waterproof Great Lash Mascara & it came with the mascara as an added bonus. I love how black it is, I think this is a pretty good liner if ur not going to see a sappy movie or get dumped by your S.O. (Inject a bit of humor here, basically if ur not planning on crying....or going swimming...). This is your basic nice black eyeliner. I am going to try it with a primer next time & see what happens. I love the sleek packaging, it's very "Maybelline" w their Great Lash signature green w a black top. It's got a smudge tip but mine appears not to have a sharpener on the end (BOO!! I like it when auto pencils come w sharpeners coz I am always losing them constantly so I need a good supply of new 1's!!). So your basic black automatic liner to sum it all up, Maybelline does not often thrill me to death but they also usually fail to disappoint me w their products. This would function as a good liner to throw in ur bag for touch ups on ur nicer regular liner that u leave at home coz u wouldn't want to lose it, that's what I am probably going to do w this if it doesn't end up being good, but I must mention I've had it on for 3 & a half hours & not much in the way of unintentional smearing, smudging, or migration. It's also not disappeared like some had mentioned nor transferred, so I am going to try playing around w this some more in the next few days & may update. Idk how much it retails for, probably approx US$6 but if this was waterproof it would be perfect!! Not HG but not going into the garbage neither. A person such as myself would think okay waterproof mascara should come with waterproof eyeliner if it's included together but awww h-&@$ what do I know??? ;/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Bunnieskat

I bought this cuz one of my close friends always uses this ... It was on sale for 5 bucks at Kroger . I guess they changed the packaging cuz when I tried my friends hers was a lot skinner , this is skinny but also thick at the same time ... It's hard to explain but I really like it !! It goes on super black and it just glides on oh so effortlessly !!! Some people complain that it smudges .. I just put it on my waterline , and it wasn't that bad , maybe because they lined below their waterline.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this pencil eyeliner for a couple of years actually and liked it well enough. I liked the amount of pigment, the ease of application, and the smoky eye effect of the included smudging tip. Often I skipped eyeshadow and just lined and smudged my upper lid with this eyeliner for a subtle look and went on with my day with an otherwise nude eye.

It didn't have great staying power. It was usually gone by the end of the day, just a shadow of it left on my upper - and lower, having transferred - lids.

The package is attractive, a vibrant green body with a black cap and a smudger included. However, the green plastic body is of poor quality and tends to crack after just a few un/cappings of the smudger, which means the smudger component tends to fall off and get lost in the bottom of my makeup pouch. Oh, well. It'll be no great loss when it runs out/I find a better option!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by peachtea17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start on the bright side... I do love how dark and soft this eyeliner is. It glides on so smoothly and is a true, deep black.

Unfortunately, this liner does not last on me at all. It smudges entirely too easily and transfers to the areas over and under my eye in less than an hour. Define-a-line would be perfect if it remained as it does upon application, but even with plenty of primer, this is unwearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Xoxojiji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, this product is straight up bad. I was expecting quite a lot from this eyeliner because lots of people on YT hype about it. I don't have oily eyelids and always put on eye primer. I only tightline my upper waterline, and it smudged instantly. Like, I'm not even done applying it and it smudges. The only thing I ask from an eyeliner is that it doesn't smudge. It doesn't always smudge when I apply, but by the end of the day, it has faded and smudged. I'm so disappointed with this eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word. Smudge. ( and may I add horribly ?)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by andyschill

I typically buy Covergirl Perfect Point Plus eyeliner, but once it was out of stock and so I bought Maybelline Define-A-Line instead. I figured they would be similar.

Wow, I was wrong!

This eyeliner is easy and smooth to apply, but smudges so easily. I found myself having to constant check my eye make-up at work because this stuff is so temperamental. I do not like waterproof, so of course I wouldn't expect this stuff to last all day, but this is ridiculous. Do not buy this product. I've been wearing eyeliner for years, and every morning this stuff was a battle despite me being a veteran. One blink and BAM, you look like a raccoon.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

Terrible!!!! One yawn and youre a panda. Its like this product never sets because you blink, and bam! Its on your upper lid near your eyebrow. It easy to apply but thats about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the color was great but wore off so fast and smudged so much .i was kind of disappointed with this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jab2eb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the worst eyeliner ever invented by anyone... ever. I remember trying this years ago in middle school and having it run like crazy in the middle of my Latin class. People asked me why I'd been crying and I was mortified when I went to the bathroom to see that it looked like either I'd been weeping and my mascara had run or I'd been punched in both eyes. Recently, I bought this product again, thinking that now that I'm in college with years having gone by, they MUST have corrected this problem as I'm sure I'm not the only one with such complaints. I WAS VERY WRONG. Went out to party with a bunch of cute guys and came back to see the double black eyes again. TERRIBLE PRODUCT. Do not buy!!!!!!!!