April 20, 2014 | 1316 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by peachtea17

To start on the bright side... I do love how dark and soft this eyeliner is. It glides on so smoothly and is a true, deep black.

Unfortunately, this liner does not last on me at all. It smudges entirely too easily and transfers to the areas over and under my eye in less than an hour. Define-a-line would be perfect if it remained as it does upon application, but even with plenty of primer, this is unwearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Xoxojiji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, this product is straight up bad. I was expecting quite a lot from this eyeliner because lots of people on YT hype about it. I don't have oily eyelids and always put on eye primer. I only tightline my upper waterline, and it smudged instantly. Like, I'm not even done applying it and it smudges. The only thing I ask from an eyeliner is that it doesn't smudge. It doesn't always smudge when I apply, but by the end of the day, it has faded and smudged. I'm so disappointed with this eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word. Smudge. ( and may I add horribly ?)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by andyschill

I typically buy Covergirl Perfect Point Plus eyeliner, but once it was out of stock and so I bought Maybelline Define-A-Line instead. I figured they would be similar.

Wow, I was wrong!

This eyeliner is easy and smooth to apply, but smudges so easily. I found myself having to constant check my eye make-up at work because this stuff is so temperamental. I do not like waterproof, so of course I wouldn't expect this stuff to last all day, but this is ridiculous. Do not buy this product. I've been wearing eyeliner for years, and every morning this stuff was a battle despite me being a veteran. One blink and BAM, you look like a raccoon.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

Terrible!!!! One yawn and youre a panda. Its like this product never sets because you blink, and bam! Its on your upper lid near your eyebrow. It easy to apply but thats about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the color was great but wore off so fast and smudged so much .i was kind of disappointed with this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jab2eb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the worst eyeliner ever invented by anyone... ever. I remember trying this years ago in middle school and having it run like crazy in the middle of my Latin class. People asked me why I'd been crying and I was mortified when I went to the bathroom to see that it looked like either I'd been weeping and my mascara had run or I'd been punched in both eyes. Recently, I bought this product again, thinking that now that I'm in college with years having gone by, they MUST have corrected this problem as I'm sure I'm not the only one with such complaints. I WAS VERY WRONG. Went out to party with a bunch of cute guys and came back to see the double black eyes again. TERRIBLE PRODUCT. Do not buy!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

***ALLERGIC REACTION WARNING!***

I actually called Maybelline and complained over the phone. I've uploaded my pictures.
I have used this eyeliner since 2010 - and loved it until now.
Something has changed because I've used this eyeliner 3 times on my waterline specifically and woken up with my eyes stuck together. YES I removed the eyeliner w/a gentle make up remover. Yellow goo & crust was streaming down my face when I awoke. SEVERELY blood shot eyes. I didn't want to believe it but I saw other reviews with the same reaction. My skin might be rejecting it - but just a heads up to other sensitive types.

NO I haven't changed my normal routine.
I do NOT wear contacts or use eye drops regularly.
YES I have only experienced symptoms using the product on my waterline. (Not as regular eyeliner on lids). I have thrown it out for safety's sake.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ariturn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eyeliner runs like crazy! I just applied this eyeliner 2 hours ago, and it is already running down under my eyes. Like I've bin punched in the eyes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I should have checked here before I bought this eyeliner. It transfers to the upper part of my eyelid. I'm not sure if I wrote that out in the best way, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

It is very thick and does smudge. I use an eyelid primer before I put this on, and that doesn't stop it from transferring. It is very thick (as the other reviewers have noted).

There are better drugstore eyeliners out there! I will not buy this again.