July 24, 2014 | 2188 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Requiem

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by westinflorida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is absolutely beautiful - a nice, but somehow neutral, plummy-pink-mauve that's not too dark. I would think that this would look nice on most complexions. The drawbacks are the fragrance and taste. They are a whole new level of nasty. I'm told it's black licorice which, in my opinion, is just SO wrong to use when creating a lipstick. The sword on the lipstick is a little weird. While cute, it seems to catch on everything in purse pulling tissues and receipts out when I reach for it. If you can get past the stench and flavor as I'm learning to do, then this is a fantastic lipstick! I am NC20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I scored with this color. Requeim is my lips but juicier and prettier. I have very pigmented lips that are a cool mauve berry color. It is very hard to find a l/s that looks good on me. The texture is very nice and silky and beat my expectations. The color stays put doesn't bleed or feather. I do like part of the packaging (the color, design and weight of it) But, I don't like the sword! The sword always nips me when I'm blindly searching in my bag for something. I mean it's not sharp but it does have a good poke to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by yourshar0na

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I've always been afraid of neutral colors, but this is the perfect color for my darker skin! I usually steer towards darker wine colors, but I am IN LOVE with this color. Despite my more deeply pigmented lips, this color is basically my lip color enhanced! It is a dark pink color with no shimmer that gives a silky-smooth application that is so creamy! It does not dry my lips, and feels almost like a lip balm. Even though the lipstick has a slightly funky taste, I feel like it can only help me keep the color on longer. =) I plan on buying backups of this color, and my overall opinion of lipsticks have changed with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by LAcurlz

I LOVE this color. I have dark brown hair and fairish skin, and this color is insanely gorgeous on my lips. I always fear the neutral lip colors (MLBB) because so many seem to really pull orange on me (MAC Twig, for example). Requiem is not orange, but a muted sophisticated opaque dark pink. I usually wear MAC satin lippies for staying power (Amorous, Captive, MOdesty Creamsheen, Faux), but now that UD has a lip primer, I their lippies have longer staying power. I just picked up a second tube so I can have one at work. It smells so yummy and glides on so smoothly. I line with UD's new Paranoid (also the most gorgeous neutral pinkie lip liner ever) or nude. This is delightful! Prior to Requiem, the only UD product I had was UDPP. I am so impressed with this lippie, I have forayed into their mineral line, eyeshadows and all primers. Their products are amazing in quality and quantity, and I love the funky packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Finally I've found what I've been looking for! This is the perfect rosey neutral MLBB color on me. And best of all, it's opaque! I was going to get NARS Dolce Vita, but that was just a tad too sheer. I have CG Blushberry Shine (a supposed dupe for DV), and that is nice but also just a bit too sheer. I found Requiem and its full coverage cream the perfect fit for me. Everyone knows by now the scent/taste of UD lipsticks isn't for everyone. However, I personally don't mind the scent (actually I almost enjoy it), and I notice no taste at all. These lippies are definitely hit or miss, but Requiem is a definite hit. This is now my HG MLBB lippie and therefore I will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the color. I like it better than the other lipstick I have "rush" which is a light pink.
however, it must be the darker the formula the nastier the taste. My tube of Rush doesnt have that much of a noticable flavor, but this one does. I got it in swap so not sure if thats maybe due to age (although these havent been out for long) or maybe UD has a batch of bad flavoring.
too bad, the case is kinda cool and growing on me.
Sticking with Clinique for a while since theirs is fragrance free and no taste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like these UD lipsticks, in general, though there are some downsides.

First, a little background on me to position my review. I have very sensitive skin/lips and a strong sense of smell/taste. So, what I find annoying may not bother others. I have relatively neutral and fair skin, with a slight cool lean.

Now, the general positives of the new UD lipsticks. For me, one positive is the lack of animal ingredients. The whole 2008 lipstick line is vegan. Of course, that's not important for everyone. Another positive is that they have good lasting quality. I find that if I put one on, blot, and then reapply, it lasts for quite a long time, through coffee etc. Third, the colors are quite pretty, as far as I am concerned and the scent (kind of a caramel leche) isn't overwhelming and tends to dissipate quickly.

There are some negatives. While the packaging is pretty in some ways, I really don't like the dagger business at the end. It's cute, but not very practical for storage or packing. They are also rather bulky and don't fit well into standard lipstick organizers. The second issues is the taste. I can't lie; even though I like these very much, they do have a bitter taste. Finally, they seem to dry out my lips some, and I can't decide if it is because I'm applying them more, licking my lips more, it's some ingredient or..... again, that could just be me.

For this specific color, Requiem, it's a very neutral neutral (how is that for redundant?) without a strong cool or warm lean. If I had to pick, I would say it is more cool than warm. I don't know how unique the color is, but it is very day-to-day wearable, yet not super light or sheer. Picture/swatch below (a bit lighter than IRL)

These run $22 at Sephora and Urban Decay

Edited to add: I seem to have developed an allergy to these. When I wear them, my lips feel very tight, slightly swollen, and burn/hurt all day. I have super sensitive skin, so I'm probably just the freak of nature, but it may be something to watch for if you have allergy issues. I haven't reduced the rating on the product because.... it's not the product's fault : ) continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No